Chapter 41 - Back To Reality

Chapter 41 – Back To Reality

Rein’s P.O.V.

Everything seems like a blur from where I am. I stand a few steps away from where Blake and I stayed during our first months as a newly wed couple. My arms are wrapped across my chest and I’m starting to feel the tears building up in my eyes.  

Everything happened so fast since that night Blake brought me to Monticello. After that night, our relationship was just beginning to go back to normal when my Papa burst through the apartment doors and beat Blake until he was almost unconscious. He also struck a knife at his throat and cut his skin but not to kill him. Since then, I started to stay away from Blake again. That’s it. Back to my life’s reality that Blake isn’t supposed to be with me.

Daniel, on the other hand, continued to be the gentleman he is. We go out on dates, make out, and he is there whenever we need him. We never talked about what we really have but I know he’s just waiting for me to bring what we have to the next level.

I can say that my life is being totally screwed up since Blake stepped in my life again. I would sometimes wish nga na he didn’t see us nalang. Kung hindi niya siguro kami nahanap, if I just had been more careful, baka until now peaceful parin kami nila Georgie in our little condo unit in New York with Daniel visiting us almost every other day.

After a few weeks, I received a call from my sister that she just got engaged to Blake’s younger brother and asking us to immediately come back to the Philippines to help in the preparations and because she misses Ian na daw. I tried arguing about not wanting to go back there, but she finally made her point when she told me that I haven’t gone home in 6 years and even though Blake already found us, I was still trying to live inside a shell not wanting to look at the world back in my hometown.

And finally, we’re here. Ian was so excited about this trip and wouldn’t stop asking questions to my Mom and Dad earlier when we arrived. This has been a whole shock for us since we were supposed to stay here for about 6 months for the whole preparation of Bliss and Bryan’s wedding and in return, I had to sacrifice some of my project deals and Ian had to enroll in a school here for him to catch up.

Suddenly, I’m feeling stupid to have left Ian and Daniel at home while they’re resting from our tiring flight a few hours ago just to take a cab to here and stand and have a look at what seemed to be my husband and I’s home before.

I could still remember the fear I felt everytime Blake gets home and I just wanted to lock myself inside the bedroom even though I know I can’t, our first night that seemed to me like a movie after hearing him talk to a friend that he only wants my body and not me, the time when I asked if he could allow me to study again, and the time when he finally said that he loved me for the first time.

Everything felt so foreign and hurtful at the same time, knowing that everything was supposed to be better if I hadn’t been pregnant at the age of 21. Siguro hindi ko iniwan si Blake at hindi ako nagtago sakanya for 6 years at siguro, mas maayos at mas masaya kami ngayon.

My mind went back to thinking about ‘what if’s’ when my phone suddenly rang loudly inside my pocket. I suddenly became aware of the tears across my cheek and desperately wiped them away.

“Hello??”

[Ally! I know its already late and you’re probably sleeping right now… or not. But I just read some article about you being here in the Philippines?? With Ian and Daniel pa?]

“Its okay. I wasn’t really sleeping… nandito nga kami.” As much as possible, I tried sounding normal and tried not stifling out a sob.