Chapter Forty-Four

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

Patton and Logan were both giggling as they exited the building.

"That lady was so grossed out! Heheh!" Patton couldn't stop giggling.

"We were kissing in public in a women's clothing store!" Logan snorted, giggling just as hard.

Patton took a breath, "Ah, this was a nice trip." he said, taking Logan's hand as they stopped outside, turning to face Logan.

He kept his smile, but his voice had a serious tone, "We should talk."

Logan slowly nodded, "Yes, that is ok. Should we walk and talk? It is dangerous to fly and talk." he pointed out.

"Fine with me!" Patton beamed, not letting go of Logan's hand as they began to walk.

"So," Patton started, "Maybe wanna talk to Emily about this first or us talk?"

Logan was silent for a moment. He looked nervous, "Will.. you still love me romantically if I'm not a guy?"

Patton looked hurt and upset, "LoLo," he stopped them both, squeezing the hand he was holding, "Of course I will. I will love you forever."

Logan sighed in relief, "I knew you would, reassurance helps me."

"Of course!" Patton smiled brightly, wrapping his wing around his partner.

"When is an appropriate time to talk to Emily?" Logan asked.

"Mm," Patton hummed, "Maybe at your grandmother's, unless you don't want to. Just whenever you want!"

"Ok," Logan nodded, "We'll talk with her when the time is right."

He looked up at the sky, "I suggest flying to my house now."

"Okie dokie!" Patton giggled.
.
.
.
.
Roman was rather bored.

As much as he adored Lu, he was getting bored of her stories. He wants to go home, watch Gravity Falls on his phone, and annoy the hell out of Remus as Remus does the same.

Remy and Emily seemed to be the only one's really listening. Virgil and Remus were both on their phones.

Roman couldn't tell if Remy was actually interested in Lu's stories. He'd over exaggerate responses to her stories.

Remy gasped, "Babe no," he shook his head, "No way he did that."

Lu chuckled "Oh, it was absolutely hilarious! But it was very true! He forgot about our anniversary when we were planning on the big date."

"Tch," Remy rolled his eyes under his sunglasses, "Men, am I right? Forgetful about everything."

Lu laughed, "Oh! You are just a riot, Remy!"

Remy grinned, "I am known to get all the ladies~"

Emily sighed, "Ain't that the truth.." she mumbled under her breath.

"Well," Lu clapped her hands, looking at Roman, "When will you let me take a look at your wing and stump?"

Everyone in the room froze up. Remus immediately put an arm protectively around his brother.

Roman was absolutely terrified, wanting to sink into the couch.

Lu noticed the sudden change in the atmosphere, "Oh my, was I not supposed to know?" she asked, "I'm sorry, I thought you were waiting for me to be done talking to ask me to check on you."

Virgil clears his throat, "Er, you're ok with Roman, right?" He questioned. He didn't want Roman to be here if the old lady didn't like him.

Lu shook her head, "Of course he's ok with me, why wouldn't he be? He's just disabled." she reassured.

She got up, "I have advil that you can take for the pain. Let me get them for you and some nice, warm tea."

Roman nodded, "O-Ok, yeah, that's fine with me."

She left the room, heading to the kitchen. Roman tried to push Remus away, "You don't have to shield me from her." He stated.

"You're right," Remus agreed, "We can just kick her in the legs if she tries anything."

Virgil snorted.

"Er," Emily giggled nervously, "Let's not do that.."

Lu came back, two pills and a cup of tea. She handed both to Roman, "Here you are, sweetheart. It should ease the pain."

"Thank you," Roman said, popping the pills in his mouth, taking a sip of the tea, and swallowing them. He knew it'd be a while before the medicine begin to work.

Lu pointed at the blanket, "May I check your wing to make sure everything is fine?"

"Uh, I guess?" Roman hesitantly took the blanket off, "What is there to check?"

Lu had him turn around, "I use to be a nurse, and I had a patient who only had one wing, the other got torn off in war," she ran her fingers through the feathers, eyes squinted as she looks for any missing feathers, "He would keep his wing hidden all the time, going hours without having it out."

"Next thing you know, his wing got deformed."

Roman's eyes went wide, "D-Deformed?" he repeated.

Lu nodded, "Sadly, going that amount of time of hurting yourself, can cause your wing to die. It'll appear deformed."

Roman felt fear rise in his chest, "So.. I.." he hugged himself.

"You'll lose your other wing if you keep hiding it," Lu finished for him, turning him back around so she could run her hand through his hair, "Luckily, your wing seems perfectly healthy."

Roman nodded, but remained quiet. He can't do school. He can't go out in public. He'll just do online school. That way, he can have his wing out and never have it deformed.

Suddenly, he was attacked by a hug. He looked up to see Remus, hugging him tightly.

"It's ok, we'll tell mom and see what she says," he whispered, trying to reassure his brother.

"Ok," Roman mumbled, hugging him back.

The door suddenly burst open, Patton and Logan smiling brightly. But Logan immediately toned down his smile, holding the bag close to him.

"Hiya!" Patton chirped, "We're just gonna go put these in LoLo's room!~"

"What'cha buy?" Virgil asked, not really seeming that interested about it at all.

"Just stuff!" Patton took Logan's hand, quickly running to the bedroom, "Emmy, come with please!" he called.

Emily blinked a few times before she realized what he said, "O-Oh, coming!" she stood up, "Uh, see y'all in a bit?" she walked off, looking confused.

What did they want?

!!!STAY INSIDE, BE BORED AND SAFE INSTEAD OF DYING ALONE AND WEAR A FUCKING MASK!!!