Chapter Thirty-Four

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

The other six were waiting with Janus, they got more chairs from a nurse for them.

"Hey Remus," Janus looked down at the boy who was still cuddling into his side.

"Mm?"

"Can you not take care of Jennifer for me?" he requested.

Remus looked up at him and beamed, "Hell yeah! I'd love to!"

"Jennifer?" Patton repeated with slight fear in his eyes. He looked out of the door's window.

"My pet snake." Janus said.

"Oh," Patton seemed to relax more, "Jennifer is just the name of my mother." He chuckled nervously.

Patton isn't supposed to be out. Even when the principal said he had the week off, his parents forbid him to skip school. Patton just agreed, but of course, he didn't listen and snuck away from school to the hospital.

So hearing his mother's name, kind of set him in a state of panic. Who knows what punishment father will do if he finds out. No food? No entertainment? All house work until he passes out? A beaten? Locked in a room for hours?

Patton shuddered.

"Cold?" Roman asked with a smile. Patton was about to disagree, but it was rather cold, "Yeah." He answered.

Roman hopped of his seat, shrugging Virgil's wing off, "I'll go find some blankets."

"I'm comin' with," Remy stood up, "I'm bored as hell."

The two walked off to find blankets for all of them, looking for a nurse that didn't seem too busy.

Roman eventually saw the familiar doctor. His smile grew, "Eve!"

Eve looked up from the nurse she was talking with. She smiled in return, "Hey Roman! Need something?"

"We need.. six blankets, please." Roman didn't count Janus or Remus, they were sharing the bed's blanket.

Eve looked at the nurse, "Find them some blankets, Joelle."

The nurse, Joelle, nodded, and scurried off.

Eve looked over at Remy, "Why are you wearing sunglasses, dear? You're inside."

"Sensitive eyes." Remy responded.

Eve frowned, ".. You wouldn't be the son of Howard Valley, would you?"

Remy blinked in surprise, "No, but my cousin is. I'm Remy Valley, my cousin is Virgil Valley."

Her smile returned, "That's right! You live with your mother! You and your family came here when the accident happened."

Remy nodded, "Probably, I don't remember much."

"You know him?" Roman asked Eve.

"Ehh," Eve shook her hand, "Not really, I helped with the surgery for his.. uncle, I believe."

"And my colleague did eye surgery on him," Eve pointed at Remy.

"Eye surgery? Surgery on your uncle? What?" Roman looked at Remy with a questioning look.

Remy shrugged, "I was in a car accident with my dad and uncle. Dad died immediately, uncle had surgery and lived for a few months before passing, but I just got a broken arm and fucked up eyes."

"Oh shit," Roman gave him a quick hug, "Sorry to hear that."

"It's all fine now," Remy shrugged "My eyes aren't perfect, but I can see now. Just need sunglasses so I don't irritate them."