Chapter Forty-Seven

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

Roman slowly blinked open his eyes, his gaze wondering over to his brother still asleep in bed.

He sat up, yawning and stretching, before he got up, tucking his wing in. He debated if he should wake Remus up or not, but decided to leave his twin be.

It was quiet as he exited the bedroom, which wasn't surprising. His mother is always gone before they wake up.

What was surprising was a sudden loud clank coming from the kitchen.

Roman jumped, his wing puffing up. He felt fear rum through him, confused as to what would make the noise.

He was about the go get Remus before he heard a male's voice mumble something.

It was too quiet for him to hear, yet it was familiar at the same time.

He crept forward, ready to scream bloody murder if it was someone breaking in.

He froze at the figure in the kitchen.

A man with brown hair that was tied in a ponytail was making scrambled eggs on a pan, dark red wings folded in, the wings looked big and strong, like it could fly into a tornado and make it out safe.

Roman knew immediately who it was.

He stood there for a while, just watching the man make breakfast. He didn't know if he should speak up, run to Remus, or just run away in general.

The man suddenly turned around though, going to pick up his phone when he noticed the boy.

"Oh," was all he said, his voice sounding calm. Roman about ran off when the man pointed at the table, "I'm making breakfast. I'm almost done, so you can just sit there until I'm finished."

Roman kept completely still for a second, but eventually slowly crept into the kitchen, his feathers still puffed out.

The man had already turned back to making breakfast, his own wings twitching.

Roman sat down, feeling awkward as hell. He seriously wanted Remus to be here with him.

The man cast him a glance, his eyes immediately landing on the one, red wing, "Been a while."

Roman nodded mutely, his wing wrapping itself around him.

The man frowned, "No need to get scared, I won't hurt you."

Roman just nodded again, looking down at the table.

The man sighed, "Roman-"

"Romaaaaaaan!~" His brother's voice whined, "Are you cooking something? You can't cook, you dummy! You'll burn the house down! But it does smell good, I'll admit."

Oh god Remus is going to flip the fucking table.

"Roman?" Remus called, footsteps hurrying down the hall, "I'ma text Janus to ask if we can vist him."

Remus walked into the kitchen, his attention on his phone as he texted his boyfriend, "We should bring him some good food, hospital food sucks ass."

Roman bit his lip, not daring to look the man in his eyes. He kept trying to get his twin's attention, but Remus was still texting, leaning against the wall.

"He said to bring his Wendy's or something," Remus said, walking to the kitchen, "Or bring his pet snake. Oh! Do you think we could sneak it in?"

Remus waited for his brother to shut the idea down and tell him how dumb it is, but that never came.