Chapter Seventeen

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

It was Flying class again, but it was a free day. Which apparently means they can do whatever. So now the group of friends were sitting on the floor near a corner, talking.

"Ok ok, but listen," Remy dragged on, "Black coffee is literally like burn dirt."

Virgil snorted, "Yeah sure." Virgil was sitting especially close to Roman, a wing loosely wrapped around him. Roman cheeks are pink, but they were red a few minutes ago.

Logan rose an eyebrow, "And you know the flavor of brunt dirt because..?"

Remy rolled his eyes under his sunglasses, "People say how certain things taste like shit and yet they don't know what it tastes like."

Remus immediately jumped in, "Actually, there is a kink for that sort of thing-" Roman hit him aside the head, "Ew! Gross! Shut uuuuup!"

Remus pouted, "Not my fault it's true." he glared at Roman, the other brother glaring back.

Emile and Patton shuddered. Patton was playing with Emile's hair. Apparently, he wanted to grow it out a bit. "How about we talk about something else?" Patton suggested nervously. Remy started talking about coffee again.

Virgil hummed, making the wing around Roman tighten and pull him closer. Roman squeaked quietly, holding onto the emo's leg as to not fall.

Virgil smirked, "You good there Princey?" he patted his head, making Roman whine, "Y-Yeah.."

Remus looked over and smiled an actual normal one. He was so happy for his brother. Maybe the two will end up getting together sooner than he thought.

He suddenly felt his phone vibrate. The others went silent and looked at him, "Who is it?" Emile asked.

Remus took it out and looked, "Deceit.." he muttered, answering it and bringing it up to his ear, "Hey?"

They could hear the faint voice of their friend on the other line. Remus scowled, "Deceit? Calm down." he stood up, "Deceit? Deceit??"

Remus panicked, causing the others to stand up to, "Remus?" Roman asked carefully. Remus looked at him, "Roman we have to go now!"

As if on cue, the bell rung and Remus quickly grabbed his brother's hand, dragging him out the door. Luckily, Roman was able to grab both of their bags. He could hear the others yelling, especially Virgil.

They made it out the door, Remus' wings sprouting. Roman panicked when he saw his brother was about to take off with him still holding him, "B-Brother! You can't carry me and fly!"

Remus looked back at Roman, tears in his eyes, "I-I have to get to him! He sounded like he was in pain!"

Roman hugged his brother, setting the bags down, "Shh, shh.." he cooed, rubbing his back softly.

Remus cried, hugging back, " 'M sorry.. I know I can't fly with you."

Roman chuckled softly, "It's ok. Let's head over to his house now, alright?" Remus nodded, taking his bag and rushing off with Roman following behind.

The two heard many footsteps, and turned around the see their friends. Virgil rushed over to Roman's side, "Are you ok?" he asked immediately, not taking his eyes off him unless he was ok.

Roman blushed, "Uh, yeah."

Remus groaned, "Look, I don't care if you guys come, we just need to hurry!" he hissed out.

Logan grabbed onto Remus' shoulder, "Remus, you need to relax. We'll get there, and figure out what is wrong with him and help." he looked so certain, that Remus couldn't help but relax a bit, "Thanks.."

The seven kids rush to Deceit's house, getting there quickly. Remy suggested they flew there but Remus turned it down as soon as he was done saying it.

Remus frantically knocked on the door, "Deceit? Can you please open the door before I kick it down?"

Emile shuffled nervously, "Let's not do that."

Remus was about to respond when they heard a click on the other side, followed by the door slowly opening, "R-Remusss..?" a voice whispered. It sounded like they were tired.

"Deceit!" Remus shoved the door open and gasped, along with the others.

Deceit looked.. different. He was shirtless, and was in some loose shorts, but the first thing you notice is the snake side looking gray.

Deceit was panting, the snake skin looked loose. What the..

"D-Deceit? What's happening?" Remus asked, reaching to touch the snake side, but Deceit immediately hissed, baring his fangs and stepping back, "Don't touch me!"

Remus immediately withdrew his hand, "Ok, ok. I'm sorry." he said softly.

Deceit stepped aside, letting the group in. They all sat on the couch, worried as they watched Deceit sway. It was super hot in here.

"Deceit." Logan's voice spoke, but it shoke slightly, "Can you please explain to us what is wrong?"

Deceit sighed, "Nothing isss wrong." he looked away. They were a bit shocked when they heard him slur the 's'.

"Deceit, please, talk to me." Remus pleaded. Deceit's look softened upon seeing him. "Asss I sssaid, nothing iss wrong. I'm jussst.. jusst.." he looked away, embarrassed.

Virgil gasped, "Holy shit, you're shedding!" Patton gasped too, "Y-You have to shed?!"

Deceit hissed, "Not my fault! I'm cursssed, moron!" Remus gently took Deceit's human hand, "Calm down Dee." he warned, "We both know how you get when you're mad."

Emile grabbed onto Remy's arm, "H-How does he get? What is happening?" Remy frowned, not happy that his crush was upset and wrapped a wing around him. Emile sighed, snuggling into it.

Deceit looked kind of hurt. He wasn't going to hurt them!

...

At least... not intentionally..

Roman spoke up, his voice rather calm, "There's more to the curse, isn't there?"

Deceit stiffened, squeezing Remus' hand for reassurance. Remus squeezed back, "Yeah. There is." Remus answered for him.

Logan looked at Deceit softly, "Deceit, can you please explain to us? We wish to help you. But we can not do that without more information of your curse."

Deceit hissed, letting go of Remus' hand and brought it up to his snake-sided shoulder, gently scratching it.

Logan frowned, "Deceit, that'll hurt you." he warned. Remus immediately took to hand, accidentally touching the shedding skin. Deceit whined, his legs shaking as he too a huge gulp of air, "R-Re.."

"Sorry!" Remus screamed, "I didn't mean to!"

Deceit smiled weakly at him, " 'Ssss fine." He looked back at the others, "I sssupposse, I sshould tell you.." he mumbled.

The others went silent, waiting patiently as Remus rubbed his knuckles.

Deceit sighed, "There isss alot about that cursse I didn't tell you all."