Chapter Three

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

Roman was utterly confused. He was in his 5th period, right before lunch. Apparently, they have to raise their hands to answer a question, and not just shout it out??

However, he was getting the hang of things. After Art, he had Science. They took a test in there, except Roman, so he just kinda sat there. Next was a Study Hall. Roman simply chatted with Deceit and his brother. Then it was Social Studies, which ALSO had a test. Now he is in Math.

He had his brother, Emile, and Virgil in this class. Roman couldn't tell if he could consider his brother's friends as his own.

The teacher looked back at the children when she asked if they could answer a question. Roman raised his hand this time. A few other kids did the same. But the teacher looked at Virgil, "Virgil, think you can tell me the answer?" The teacher asked as she pointed to the board.

Virgil panicked. He was busy thinking about Roman again. Virgil didn't mean too, but Roman was just really.. interesting to him. "U-Um.. sure.." He stuttered. He looked at Roman, seeing his movements as if he was trying to get his attention. Roman was mouthing the answer. Virgil smiled at him, "15." He said with confidence. The teacher nodded, "Correct, now.." Virgil stopped listening again, and glanced at Roman. Roman smiled a big smile and looked back at the teacher.

Virgil could feel his face heat up. Roman had helped him, and it made him feel butterflies in his stomach.
.
.
.
.
The bell rung, making Roman jump. He still wasn't understanding how this school worked. It was so different from when he was homeschooled.

He was currently walking with his brother to a room full of children. Roman's eyes went wide at the sight of children everywhere. It was also extremely loud. Roman gripped his brother's sleeve, making Remus glance at him.

"Don't worry, Princey! We sit outside by a tree." His brother smiled, grabbing ahold of Roman's hand dragging him outdoors. Roman saw lots of kids here, but not nearly as much as in the lunchroom.

"DECEIT!~" Roman heard his brother yell, running towards his boyfriend hugging him tightly. Roman walked towards the group of friends slower. Deceit chuckled at his boyfriend, wrapping his arms around him in return of the hug.

Patton awed before patting a spot by him for Roman to sit. Roman shook his head, "Ah, no. I'm fine standing here." Roman didn't feel comfortable sitting by his brother's friends.

Patton seemed to look disappointed, but quickly smiled, "That's ok!" Patton exclaimed. "You can sit by Virgil." Virgil looked up at Roman, expecting him to decline.

Roman thought about it. He would rather sit, and he does want to get to know Virgil. He sighed, nodding and heading over to sit by the emo kid.

Virgil was surprised, he moved his bag so Roman could sit right beside him.

Remus and Deceit eventually sat down below Remy and Logan. "So, how is class so far Princey?" Deceit asked, looking his way. "Princey?" Emile said, who was currently having his hair braided by Patton. Roman's face went red, "I told you two to stop calling me that.." Roman groaned, fiddling with the jacket around his waist still.

"Suck it up, it isn't our fault you act like a prince." Remus sneered, going back to cuddling in his boyfriend's chest. Remy, Patton, and Emile snickered quietly. "You do act like a prince, babe." Remy said, slurping on his tenth drink of the day. Roman huffed, looking across the field as the others started talking about how Emile looked beautiful with braids in his hair, along with a blushing Remy.

Roman saw many kids playing Air Ball. Roman has longed to play that game, watching it whenever it was on the TV. But him losing his left wing made it impossible.

"Do you want to play?" He heard a voice say. Roman turned, seeing the others looking at him too. Virgil seemed to be the one who spoke. "Ah, no. I can't play.." Roman looked away, feeling his brother's sad gaze.

"Do you not know the rules? It's very simple. And we can even get a ball to play just amongst eachother." Logan said, adjusting his glasses. Patton's face lit up, "I'll go get a ball!" He exclaimed, having two baby blue wings sprout from his back, and flying off.

"Wait-" Roman was about to tell them no, but Emile spoke over him. "I love this game! Remy, won't you play with us?" Emile looked hopeful at the male with sunglasses. Remy's face was slightly red again, "Uh, sure I guess." He mumbled, taking another sip of his drink.

Emile's cotton candy pink wings sprout from his back, along with Remy's coffee brown wings. They stood up, walking towards an open field close to the trees. "But I-" Roman was about to say no to playing, but then Patton came back with two orange balls.

Logan made his wings appear. They were blueberry colored wings. He flew towards the field as well. Roman looked at his brother, seeing Deceit fly off to play too. Remus sighed, walking to his brother. "You got yourself in this mess, get out of it on your own." Remus then sprouted his grass colored wings and flew to the others.

Roman's breathing got faster. He needed to come up with an excuse. And fast..

He jumped upon feeling a hand on his shoulder. He turned to see Virgil smile softly at him, "Hey, calm down. No one here is going to judge how your wings will look." Virgil then felt his magic work up, as a pair of purple raven wings appeared. Roman's breathing stopped completely. Virgil looked so beautiful all of a sudden.

Roman shook his head, "I know that, my wings look incredible!" He made sure to say wings and not wing, "I'm not worried about you judging how they look." Roman puffed out his chest, feeling his own magic want to work, but he pushed it down.

Virgil smirked, then flew towards the others as well. "C'mon Princey! We need an even amount of people to play!" Virgil yelled, tucking his wings in neatly behind him.

Roman walked towards them, head low. He was on the edge of passing out. What can he say to excuse himself from playing?