Chapter Twenty-Six

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

"So wait, you flirted with this guy and gave him your number to flirt even more?" Remus said pointedly, leaning on counter with a candy bar.

Roman huffed, stretching his wing out, "I did not flirt. I talked and made friends. Besides, I'm.. I'm dating Virgil." he said with a small blushy smile at thinking of his new boyfriend.

Remus snorted, "Hope is so going to try to get in your pants."

Roman glared at him, "Not everyone is trying to fuck, Remus." Remus only shrugged, "Agree to disagree."

Roman sighed, walking in the living room and sitting on the couch, pulling out his phone.

He beamed when he saw a text from his boyfriend.

Virgil: Yo wanna come over and hang out sometime? my house is kind of a mess, but good enough

Roman: Sure! I'd love to go over sometime

He waited, then it popped up.

Virgil: yeah ok, I'll text you it later, remy won't leave me alone with this whole family thing

Roman: Oh yeah what's up with that? Is it something I don't need to know?

Virgil: his mom is just worried about my dad, but my dad doesn't want to see her. nor do i

Roman: Woah, something happened?

Virgil: you could say that.

Virgil: i seriously gotta go now

Virgil: ttyl♡

Roman: See ya!♡

Roman was smiling, looking up at the ceiling with a sigh. Remus looked over from where he was in the kitchen.

"What, what made you sigh dreamily?" he asked, but then smirked with a thought, "Did he say he'd fuck you later? Oo, you gonna get in on it brobro?~"

Roman went red, "Ew! No! He just invited me to his house to hang out!" he yelled, but the realized his mistake.

"His house? Now I know you too are going to fuck."

"HANG OUT Remus! Nothing more!" he threw a pillow at him, Remus laughing, "It's ok brother! No shaming from me!"

Roman flipped him off, rushing to his, well their, bedroom. He heard Remus laughing even louder as he slammed the door shut, stumbling to bed.

He groaned, laying down on his bed. He loved his brother, but Remus can be a real dick sometimes.

He checked his phone again, seeing Hope was just below Virgil's contact. He did say he'd message him, so why not text him now?

Roman: Hey kinda kid, you busy?

Hope responded almost immediately.

Hope: Hey Roman! I'm not busy at all

Roman: Awesome, so why did ya want to talk to me?

Hope: i don't know

Hope: Just wanted to kinda talk, you know?

Roman: I guess I understand

Roman: Your friends, they seem nice

Hope: yeah, but they kinda tease me alot

Roman: Haha, my friends do that to me to

The two talked for a few minutes before Roman heard his mother come home, Remus greeting her loudly.

Roman: I gotta go, bye kinda kid!

Hope: see ya

Roman left his phone on his bed, walking into the living to see his mom.

She looked over and smiled at him, "Hey sweetie, how was school today?" she had Remus in a half hug, opening her other arm for Roman.

Roman quickly accepted it, "It's been fine. I'm getting better at it." he hummed into the warmth of his mother.

She gave him a kiss on his head, "That's great," she let them go, going through her bag, "I was getting worried I may have made the wrong choice."

Roman shook his head, "It was difficult, but it's all fine now."

Remus nudged him, motioning to their mother. Roman showed a face of confusion. Remus rolled his eyes and pointed at his wing. Roman's wing twitched.

They stood in silence before Remus smacked his own face with his hand, "Omg Ro, tell her that you told your friends about your wing!" he whisper shouted. Roman oh'd, turning to his mom.

"Hey mom, I got something to uh, tell you." he messed with his hair. His mom looked at him with a tired, but kind smile, "Hm?" she hummed.

"So you know how Remus' friends all became my friends?"

"Yeah?"

"Uh.." he looked down, "I almost.. passed out because of my wing.. and they now sorta know?" he said sheepishly.

His mother looked horrified, "You almost passed out?!" she screamed, quickly running over to him, "Why the fuck did you not tell me?!" she scowled, checking his back.

Roman huffed, "I didn't think too much of it. It isn't like it's the first time it's happened."

Remus was smirking at him, giving the 'ooooo, you're in troooooubleeeeee~' look.

But she then turned to him, "Why didn't you tell me either? You were supposed to watch over him!" she lightly flicked his head.

"Ey! What am I, a fucking babysitter?" he hissed, now glaring at Roman for giving the same 'ooooo, you're in troooooubleeeeee~' look.

She rolled her eyes, "No, but you're his brother. You two need to look out for each other."

Remus mumbled something about Roman being 16 and old enough to take care of himself.

She turned back to him, "Are you ok now? I hate to send you to school in pain. I can take you to the doctor to check on you? Maybe they can get us some medicine?" she rambled to herself.

"Mom, I'm fine." he groaned.

Remus snorted, "Yeah, sure. Not like we had to miss school for three days because the pain was too intense."

Roman glared hatred at his brother. The two agreed to keep that a secret from their mother.

She all but screeched, "AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?!"

The twins looked down, not ready for what was about to happen.

"That's it." she said.

"No, wait-" Remus tried, but Roman smacked him aside the head, "Dude, she'll make it worse if we beg!"

"That's it." she said again, and went into the kitchen, grabbing all of the candy. "These are mine until I decide you can have them back."

"Noo! Mom please!" Remus whined, "I run on that shit!" Roman pouted, his wing drooping.

"Don't care." she simply said, walking to her room to hide them.

When gone, Remus then smirked, "I stole like six candy." he said, showing his pocket with 4 candy bars and 2 gummies.

Roman grinned, high fiving his twin, "Niceee."