Chapter Twenty-Four

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

Roman was trying to listen to what the teacher was saying, but everything that has happened recently is on his mind.

Remus and Deceit have been avoiding eachother, Logan and Remy are worried about Patton and Emile, and then there's Virgil. Virgil who has been hugging him, checking up on him, looking too hot-

Ahem.

Needless to say, it was difficult to focus on how air was air.

Roman looked at his brother, Remus drawing dicks on his arm instead of listening.

Roman huffed, looking back at the teacher. Today was definitely gonna go to hell.
.
.
.
.
"Why the hell are we sitting in the back of the school like some drug addicts?" Roman asked after Remus brought him here instead.

Remy snorted. Logan cleared his throat, "So you can let out your wing without anyone seeing."

He stiffened at that. Remus jabbed his fingers into his side, making Roman yelp. He held onto his side, glaring at his brother.

Remus laughed, "No one is back here, and I'm pretty sure it's causing you intense pain, yeah?"

Roman hesitated, but nodded. Virgil patted a spot by him. Roman, rather quickly, walked over, plopping down next to him.

Roman let out his wing, the wing stretched out as he shuddered. Virgil wrapped a wing around him, scooting close. Roman smiled, happily snuggling into it.

Remus smirked, sitting next to Remy as the two talked about the weirdest things. Logan simply picked up his book, reading.

Roman looked around. No Deceit.

He sighed, of course. Things are tense around him and Remus, so it's awkward for everyone else.

But.. Deceit was like a mom to him! Weird as that sounds, Deceit has always been there for him. Protecting him, doing everything he can to make him comfortable. You know, like a mom.

"So.." Virgil began, his wing twitching with the touch of Roman's wing, "I have something important to ask you.."

"What's up?"

Virgil blushed, looking away, "Has to do with the kiss.." Roman blushed a red that.

The three took notice about what was about to happen, so they scooted away, continuing on with their discussing of sandals and flip flops.

Virgil looked Roman right in the eyes, "What did it mean to you..?"

Roman blinked, "What do you mean? Like, how did it make me feel?" Virgil nodded.

Roman looked ahead, a smile on his face, "It made me feel all warm inside. Like, I could really do anything with you with me." he said.

It was cheesy, but true. When around Virgil, he feels like no one could bring him down. Like he's..

"Like I'm safe with you." He turned to him, face as red as Virgil's. Virgil opened his mouth, but nothing came out.

Roman panicked. Was that not the answer he was wanting? Too much? Not enough?

Virgil laughed, looking up, "Thank god." he muttered.

He looked back at Roman, taking Roman's hand, "I feel the same way. I feel warm and safe by you, too."

For some reason, that made Roman's insides burst with joy. Every bad feeling he was having was gone. It was replaced with good feelings.

Virgil leaned forward, "Would the feeling w-you're feeling.. romantic towards me? Like.. a crush?" he asked. He had to clarify. He didn't want to give his hopes up.

Roman thought, then nodded, "I've never had a crush before, but I'm pretty positive it's a crush."

Virgil shuffled closer, pressing tightly but gently with his wing on Roman's, "I have a crush on you too."

Roman's face beamed, he sat up straighter, even though he's gay, "Really?"

"Really."

Roman looked back to tell his brother his crush has a crush on him too, but they were gone. Huh.

Virgil carefully grabbed Roman's chin, making him look at him, "Roman, would you like to go out with me? Become boyfriends?"

Boyfriends.

Boyfriends boyfriends boyfriends boyfriends.

That sounded so right.

Roman nodded, "Yes, I would love to go out with you."

Virgil cheered, his wings fluttering. Roman laughed, happily snuggling into Virgil.

"Can I please kiss you?" Roman asked, looking up at Virgil. He smiled, lifting Roman's face, "Of course."

The two leaned forward until there was no gap left. Their lips met, and it felt better now that they were official. Fireworks were happening, people were celebrating, it was a joyous feeling.

Finally.
.
.
.
.
Patton anxiously soared through the sky, but made sure to keep low so he wouldn't get in trouble. He doesn't have his license on him right now, so he won't risk anything.

He was super worried. Emile still hasn't answered him, and it isn't like him. It always showed that he atleast read them.

He quickly arrived at his house, getting his keys out and hurriedly finding the key to the house. Yeah, Emile gave him a key.

He found it, knocking the door, "Emile? I'm coming in!" and unlocked the door.

He slowly opened it, gasping at the sight.

Emile was shaking on the couch, his face hidden in his arms as his wings wrapped around him protectively and comforting. His hair was sticking everywhere, his pink clothes twisted.

"Em?" Patton asked, closing the door behind him. He walked to the shaking boy, carefully sitting down next to him.

"Emile? Can you hear me?" Patton tried again, barely touching his shoulder when Emile snapped up with fearful eyes.

"Woah!" Patton held up his hands, "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean t-" he was tackled in a hug, Emile clinging onto him desperately.

Patton hugged back immediately, wrapping his wings around them, "Shh.. shh.. it's ok.. everything's alright." Patton reassured, even though he didn't know what was wrong.

Emile shook his heas, "No! I-It's not alright! T-They f-found me! They found m-me!"

"Who found you?" Patton asked gently, brushing his fingers through his bestfriend's hair, untangling the tangles.

"M-Mom and da-dad.."

Patton was surprised, "Your parents? Em, I'm afraid I don't know what you mean." Patton didn't understand. He knew they didn't have a good relationship, but it was so bad he didn't tell them where he was living?

"They'll force me to go back.. they called my boss and told him I wasn't-" Emile stopped himself, looking down.

"You weren't what, sweetheart?" Patton asked without meaning to. He wanted to know, but it wasn't his business.

Emile suddenly pushed off, looking at Patton, "Patton.."

"I'm transgender."