Chapter Thirty

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

Roman let out a sigh when his wing fluttered once they went inside. It was rather dark, but his eyes were adjusting.

"Welcome to my home, Princey." Remy said, taking off his shades.

Remus flopped on the couch, shuffling until he was comfortable. Roman sat next to him, Virgil following.

Remy stretched, "I'll get snacks. Ey Em, wanna come with?" Remy turned to the pink haired boy. Emile nodded, following him to the kitchen.

"I will find a movie." Logan crouched where the movied were, debating rather to watch horror for Remus, or something light for everyone else.

Patton sat down next to Virgil, laying his head on him. Virgil looked over, "You good, Pat?"

"I'm worried.." he mumbled. Virgil sighed, giving him a side hug, "Me too.."

"Would we all be ok with watching horror for Remus?" Logan turned to them.

"Hell yeah!" Remy yelled from the kitchen.

Virgil shrugged, Roman nodding. Patton nodded slowly, "I guess.. f-for Remus!"

Remus perked up at the mention of horror, "Really? We can watch horror?"

Logan nodded, "We can watch whatever, just nothing with too much gore, for the sake of others." he glanced over at Patton.

Remus pouted, but nodded, "Roman can be a baby sometimes."

Roman huffed, "I've gotten better!"

"True."

Remus layed his head on Roman's lap instead, Roman playing with his hair. He normally would've shoved him off, but he needs this right now.

And it's kinda nice having brother time.

Logan put the stacks of horror movies in front of them, "Choose please."

Remus eventually decided on Before I Wake. It wasn't that scary, but it'll do.

Remy came back with two bowls of popcorn, a bag of BBQ chips, and five candy bars. Emile followed after with a tray with many types of sandwiches and plain chips with dip.

"Wow," Virgil whistled, "Are we have a feast? Last I checked, it wasn't Thanksgiving yet."

"Oh shut it," Remy laughed, "We all need to pig out right now."

The two set them on the floor, Remy walking off, "I'ma see if I still have that small Spongebob table. Brb."

Emile settled on the floor, letting his wings out. He felt Patton scoot off the couch, "Hey Emily." he whispered. Luckily, the other four were talking about the movie, Virgil hasn't watched it apparently.

"H-Hey." She whispered back. Patton wrapped his arms around her, "When will you tell them?" he asked.

"I'm not sure anymore.. I can't just tell them now." Emily looked up when Logan went to help Remy set up.

"What? Why not?" Patton pulled off to look at her. She snorted, "This isn't about me right now, it's about Deceit and Remus."

Patton frowned, "But you're suffering everytime they call you by your dead name and he/him pronouns, are you not?"

Emily shrugged, "It doesn't matter right now-" Patton gasped, "Your feelings do matter!" he whisper-shouted.

"Patton." Emily said, looking at him seriously, "I'm fine. I don't think I'm ready anyways."

Patton was silent and still before nodding, "Alright. If you're sure.."

Eventually, Remy and Logan got the snacks set up, Remy coming back with seven cokes.

Remy sat next to Emile on the floor, Logan sitting by Virgil, right above Patton. Roman snuggled into Virgil, Remus still on his lap.

Logan hit start on the movie, everyone getting their snacks. Emile, Logan, and Remus got a sandwich, Remy and Patton sharing the BBQ chips, Virgil and the twins sharing a bowl of popcorn. Remus stole all the candy bars.
.
.
.
.
The movie was somewhat halfway, and Patton was already terrified. He kept his face pressed against his boyfriend's thigh, his limbs wrapped around his leg. Logan was carefully petting his head, trying to sooth him.

Virgil was clutching onto Roman, eyes fixated on the screen, "Scary?" he asked, his way of asking if it was a scary part. Roman nodded, "Yep, there's going to be a jump scare soon."

Virgil whined, biting his lip. He just couldn't look away.

Remus was grinning, "Oh this part, man." He stuffed his face with more popcorn, enjoying the movie.

Remy and Emile were snuggled together, both seeking reassurance. Remy loved horror, but that doesn't mean he doesn't get scared.

"Scary? S-Scary-" Virgil mumbled, hiding his face behind Roman's shoulder, but his eyes kept on the screen.

Roman smiled, "It's ok, it isn't that bad." he reassured, but he was starting to feel scared too, even if he knew what was about to happen.

Everyone was silent as they watched, besides Patton, and then...

"AH SHIT!" Virgil screamed, ducking behind Roman. Roman jumped, a tiny squeak escaped him. Patton literally jumped, jumping onto Logan's lap and hiding his face in his chest instead. Logan heaved, frozen as Patton hid, then wrapped his arms around him, "Shhh, it's ok, shhh.." Logan cooed. Remy did a nervous scream-laugh, Emile flinching from the TV and facing his sandwich instead. Remus jumped too, but laughed right after. He was clearly enjoying himself, which is what they wanted.

Roman was glad his brother was feeling better. Hopefully Deceit was doing fine too.

Remus felt horrible for having as much fun as he was without Janus. That's right, his name isn't Deceit anymore. His boyfriend's real name is Janus.

He wouldn't tell the others without Janus' permission.

But he was sure Janus would tell me it's alright.

"Virgil, scary is over." Roman said, Virgil hesitantly looking over, then moving from his hiding spot.

"Patton, are you alright? You're shaking." Logan pulled Patton's face up. Patton had tears in his eyes, but he smiled anyways, "I-I-I'm f-fine..!"

Logan frowned, "Do you wish to leave?" He asked. Patton shook his head, "G-Gotta be h-h-here for R-Remus.."

Logan hummed, pressing him back on his chest, cradling him, "Just focus on me then. Ignore the movie and focus on me." he whispered. He continued with the quiet humming.

Patton sighed, trying to focus on his boyfriend instead.

Emile felt his phone vibrate, so he took it out. It was a text from his uncle..?

Jamie: Hey kid! I'm taking a trip over to you, just thought I'd give you a heads up! And we can discuss you moving in with me. Are you sure that is what you want? I'd hate to take you away from your friends.

Emile stiffened, oh right. He asked if he could move in with him.

"Who's that?"

Emile jumped, shoving his phone down, causing everyone to look over.

Remy frowned, "Wait, what did that say?"

"N-Nothing!" Emile squeaked, "Let's just watch the m-movie!"

"No, hold on," Remy grabbed the remote, pausing the movie.

Now everyone was looking.

"What did that text say? I had to have read it wrong." Remy scowled at Emile.

"I d-don't know what you mean." Emile looked away.

Remy sounded so hurt when he said this, "Em, are you moving away?"

!!!STAY INSIDE, BE BORED AND SAFE INSTEAD OF DYING ALONE!!!