Chapter Eighteen

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

Deceit sat down, Remus right by his side, "Thisss might take a while.." he muttered. The others only nodded, waiting for him or Remus, because obviously Remus knows more than them.

"Ass you all know, I wassss curssed when I wasss little. It wass from a potion a sstranger made." Deceit began.

Patton looked confused, "Potion?" Logan jumped in to answer, "Potion making was something people use to do long ago, but now it is illegal in every country." Patton nodded, understanding.

Deceit spoke again, "My parentsss pissssed off them by not paying them or sssomething, ssso they took it out on me."

"It wasssn't ass bad at the beginning. I jusst had," he motioned to his snake side, "thisss. But then it got worssse."

He looked down, "It wasss getting harder to ssspeak normally. I wasss beginning to sspeak in opposssite. I wasss beginning to ssssspeak in liesss."

Emile tilted his head, "But you aren't right now?" Deceit sighed, "It doesssn't happen when I'm ssshedding. But I do ssslur my sssssss." his tounge flicked out at the 's'.

Roman hugged himself, "But, you tell the truth around us. You aren't lying, or slurring your 's'." He looked at Deceit in the eyes, "So, is it.. hurting you..?"

Deceit winced. Remus rubbed his human arm, "No, not really," he answered for him, "It just gets harder acting more human than more snake."

Remus turned to them, "Like when he gets too pissed, he'll try to bite you and hiss. Or when he's lonely, he'll seek affection."

Deceit snorted at that, but didn't deny it.

Remy frowned, "So what, is he more snake than human now?" Remus shook his head, "No, Deceit just has trouble controlling himself when emotional."

Deceit let out a laugh, "Deceit isssn't even my real name-" he slapped a hand over his mouth, as if he didn't mean to say that out loud.

And he didn't.

The others were quite. They stared at him, "What?" Virgil finally spoke out. He looked.. hurt. Sure, the two don't have to best history, but they were practically childhood friends. Why didn't he..

Remus didn't look that hurt. His boyfriend has told him about his curse, but not all of it apparently, "What do you mean Deceit isn't your real name?"

Deceit shook his head, not daring to remove the hand over his mouth. Roman let out a groan, "I knew Deceit couldn't be his real name! There was no way his parents hated him that much to name him Deceit."

Deceit let out a hiss from under the hand, but said nothing.

Remus looked pissed now.

"Dee, what is your real name? Why.. why didn't you tell at least me?" he looked hurt to. But mostly pissed.

Deceit removed the hand, "It isssn't easssy! It isss sssssso hard to ssssssay my real name! Lassssst time I did, I passssed out and had to ssssstay in the hossssspital for a week!" he hissed out, glaring dangerously at Remus.

Remus flinched back, "I could've understood that! You should've just told me that!" he growled back.

Deceit looked ready to attack, "I couldn't! I'm fucking cursssssed, Remusssss! Anything involving my name, isssss practically imposssssssssible to get out of me!"

Remus shuffled away, "What, you can't just write it? Or is the curse preventing you to do that too?"

Deceit let out a fierce hiss, carefully placing a hand on his shedding arm, "Yesss! What don't you undersssstand about that?! I can't fucking tell the truth!"

Remus scowled, "You're doing it now."

Deceit snapped.

He lunged for Remus, Remus yelping, falling off of the couch. The others all stood up, none of them daring to speak when the two were fighting.

But now they were about to actually fight.

Roman grabbed his brother's arm, pulling him behind him when Deceit went to grab him.

"Deceit, calm down!"  Logan yelled at him, spreading his wings out in a protective stance in front of everyone. Virgil had the twins behind him, Remy with Emile and Patton.

Deceit let out a hiss, darting his eyes between the three. Logan snapped his fingers, causing Deceit to look up.

"Deceit, everything is ok. We don't completely understand your curse, but we need you to come back to us so you can talk with us." he said calmly.

Deceit lowered his head, his arm lightly touching his shedding side. Logan slowly tucked his wings in, "Is there something wrong.. with your shedding?"

Deceit let out a whine, nodding. He didn't seem to be back entirely, but enough to understand what was going on.

"D-Dee.." Remus stuttered out, stepping away from Roman, "Can I touch you?"

Deceit paused, then nodded. Remus let out a relief breath, there he was.

Remus slowly went to his side, carefully removing the hand over his shedded arm. Deceit let out a light hiss of discomfort, "C-C-Cold.."

"Ok, baby, shh.. don't worry, we'll get you warmed up.." Remus cooed.

Remy snorted, "That doesn't sound right."

Remus let out a laugh, guiding his shaking boyfriend to the couch, laying him down. Deceit curled in a ball, whimpering when Remus gently brushed his fingers on his snake side.

"Is he going to be ok?" Patton spoke out, wrapping his arms around Logan's arm.

Remus shrugged, "I don't know. He hasn't ever snapped at me before. And as for the shedding.. I never even knew he did that!"

Roman walked to his twin and wrapped his arms around him, "Don't worry, we'll work it out together."

Remus let out a shaky laugh this time, "Since when did you care for me? It's supposed to be the other way around, Princey." tears watered his eyes as he dug his face into Roman's shirt.

Roman huffed, "I have to look after you too, dumbass."

Everyone sat down, all chatting quietly as Deceit went to sleep. Remus and Roman still huddled together while Virgil had his knees to his chest.

He was confused. Made sense as to why he would tell his boyfriend secrets, but the two have always been for eachother, even when it looks like they absolutely hate one another.

Hell, Deceit was helping him with his crush on Roman! So why didn't he tell him anything about the curse?

Logan was on his phone, Patton looking as well as the two looked at articles about snake shedding. The two were going to find ways to try and make it easier for their friend.

Remy had Emile cuddled in to his chest as he talked about a kitten he saw the other day. Remy wanted nothing more than kiss the boy. Emile wanted nothing more than to finally tell the others and hopefully still win over Remy's love.

Deceit let out quiet snores as he cuddled himself, seeking warmth. Remus scooted closer, Roman following, and stroked the right cheek, Deceit leaning into it.

Remus couldn't help but wonder what his own boyfriend's actual name could be. And why he never even tried to mention it.