Chapter Fifty-Nine

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

"Janus, your parents are on their way to see you."

What a fucking way to start off the day.

Janus blinked away the sleepiness from his eyes, glaring at the person in front of him.

"My parents aren't coming here?" He asked in disbelief.

Dr. Eve nodded, smiling warmly, "They are worried about you, and wish to see you."

Janus scowled.

"What did you bribe them with? Money?" he hissed out, gripping at the sheets.

"Don't fight against the curse, Janus," Dr. Eve said gently, "It'll worsen the curse in general. I know you don't want to lose your legs."

"Fuck off."

Dr. Eve sighed, "I didn't bribe your parents. I simply told them how you are doing."

Janus glared at the doctor, "I told you to tell them! Why do you listen to me?!" he pulled at his hair, "No- Don't tell- do tell- don't- do-"

"Janus!" Dr. Eve carefully took his hands, "Clam down, you shouldn't pull at your hair."

Janus hissed, pupils turning to slits, "Do tell me what to do! You have no- you have- no- you have an idea as to what this feels like! I can talk normally, and if I try to talk like you, scales won't grow, I won't become more like a fucking snake! You do get to tell me what to do, you fucking-"

Oh. He was being hugged.

"Shh," Dr. Eve shushed him softly, running a hand through his hair, "Shh, it's ok. You're safe here, no one is judging you. You have a curse, and it's horrible, but you can't let it control your life."

"But," Janus felt tears stream down, "It isn't hard! It doesn't suck, and I can help but feel terrible!"

"I know, I know," Dr. Eve pulled back to look at the kid, raising a hand to gently cup his right cheek, "Your curse is truly awful. And I am so sorry it happened to you. But we can't undo a curse, not unless we find the one who put it on you."

Janus nodded. He's heard that many times.

Dr. Eve hummed, "Hm, what if I get you a therapist?" she suggested.

"A therapisssst?" Janus repeated, cringing at the unintentional hiss.

Dr. Eve simply smiled and nodded, "I'd have to inform your parents about it, but if you wish to have a therapist, I could get you one."

Janus looked down with a frown, wiping at his eyes. He's never been given the chance to have a therapist. His parents were always weary of it.

"I do think my parents will be ok with it," he muttered, fiddling with the blanket.

Dr. Eve frowned, "I can ask, if you want me to?"

Janus shrunk under her gaze.

"I'll tell them it was my idea."

"Thanks, that wouldn't make me feel better."

"Of course, sweetheart."
.
.
.
.
"Dad," Patton smiled nervously, "This is Logan, sh- he's here to help me study for a test."

The man looked at Logan, "A test about what?" he demanded, staring Logan down.

Logan held his gaze, not going to let this man intimidate her.