Chapter Twenty-One

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

Roman was wrapped around a blanket, sitting on the couch. Everyone else was now quite. Remus was right next to him, Deceit, or whatever his real name is, on his other side.

Logan cleared his throat, startling everyone, "Roman, may I, or we, ask a few questions?"

Roman shrugged, but then nodded.

"How did you lose it?" Logan asked with a gentle voice. Roman sighed, "When I was seven, Remus and I were living in our old neighborhood. He was trying to help me learn to fly. But I couldn't. Then a tornado hit."

Roman shrunk in on the blanket, "It swept me up, tearing the wing off. Next thing I know, I'm in a hospital bed with only one wing and a few broken fingers or something."

"How did you get out of that alive?" Emile asked. Roman smiled a small smile, "My dad. He flew in and saved me with only coming out with a few bruises from rocks or something. He was always known the have the strongest wings."

Remus growled at the mention of dad. Deceit was confused, "Wait, your dad isn't dead?"

Roman was now confused, "No? Why would you think he's dead?" he asked.

Patton answered "Remus told us his dad died when he was five or something."

Roman snapped his attention to Remus, "What the fuck, Remus?! Why would you lie about dad being dead?!" he yelled at his twin.

Remus glared, "Because that asshole pretty much already is. He made his choice, and now he is dead to this family! Mom agrees!" he yelled back.

Roman felt anger bubble up in him, "He isn't dead to me! I still love him!"

"He doesn't love you back, dumbass!"

Roman froze up at that. He looked down.

He knows that. He knows his dad doesn't love him anymore. He knows his dad left them because he.. he..

"It's my fault.." Roman whispered, tearing up. Remus groaned, hugging his brother, "It isn't! Don't believe what that fucker says! It isn't your fault he isn't a good dad anymore!" he yelled, desperately trying to get his brother to believe it.

"Can I hug you two?" Patton asked, tears in his eyes already. Roman nodded, Patton hugs were one of the best. It was kind of like a dad hug..

Patton wrapped his arms around the twins, his wings following. Remus sighed, "You aren't allowed to feel bad, Ro." he muttered.

Roman laughed weakly, "Sorry."

Patton moved away, ruffling both of their hairs. Roman laughed, Remus grinning. You can always depend on Patton to make you feel better.

Patton went back to sitting besides Logan and Emile. He understands where they are coming from. Not all dads are the best, which is why he toke the roll to be the dad in friend groups. He will show everyone love.

"Wait." Virgil said, "You never flew before?" Remy the gasped, "Holy fuck, you never flew?!"

Roman shrugged, "It's fine. I don't know what it's like to miss it." he smiled weakly.

Deceit hissed, "But still! You have flown before. You don't ever wish to not fly?" he asked with his tounge slithering out in his lies.

Roman shook his head, too quickly to believe, "No." he lied.

Virgil got up, "I call bullshit." he scowled. Roman faked a laugh, "Call whatever, but it's the truth."

"That's a lie. You use to cry about never being able to feel the feeling of happiness when flying." Remus pointed out.