Chapter Twenty-Eight

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

Roman watched as Remus kept fidgeting while they got ready for school. He looked nervous, but kept trying to hide it.

"You good, bro?" Roman poked at him, Remus' wing slapping him in the face as a defensive.

"Ack-" Roman moved the wing, "Sorry!" Remus apologized, moving it down.

"It's fine, but what's wrong?" he asked. Remus huffed, crossing his arms, "Nothing."

Roman crossed his own arms, raising an eyebrow.

They stared at each other before Remus sighs, "I texted Deceit last night."

Roman perked up at that, his wing stretching out, "And..?"

"He wants to talk face to face, alone." he shrugged. Roman huffed this time, "Ok, but what did you say?"

"I told him sure, as long as he explains himself." Remus' wings folded behind, disappearing. Roman followed the movement with his own.

"What does he have to explain?" Roman picked up his bag as the two walked to the door. Remus snorted, "So much." was all.

They began walking down the sidewalk, "Could you be more specific." Roman said, rolling his eyes.

Remus said, "Like, why didn't he tell me his name, the shedding, what else is he hiding, stuff like that."

Roman was actually shocked, "Dude, he told you he physically couldn't tell you anything about his name multiple times."

"Oh, but he can while he's shedding?" Remus sneered.

"Maybe when he's feeling weak and vulnerable, the curse isn't as strong?" Roman suggested.

Remus stopped, eyes going wide. Roman had to stop and turn to him, "ReRe?"

Roman doesn't usually call his twin that nickname, but he does when they're having a moment.

"Dee told me that.."

"Huh?"

"He- He told me that when he isn't feeling well, his curse isn't as strong. The curses purpose is to make him weak, so when he is.. it isn't working." Remus' hand flew the his mouth, tears building in his eyes, "I ignored and dismissed him this entire time over my own anger, when the information I needed, I had."

Roman's own eyes went wide, then he shook his head, "Don't blame yourself, Remus. Your mind doesn't work like some other people's. It isn't your fault."

"Yes it is!" Remus shouted, wings sprouting from his back, his bag falling off, but he quickly picked it up, "Sorry brobro, you're gonna have to walk to school alone! I got a boyfriend to talk to!" and he took of as fast as he could, leaving Roman.

Roman sighed, fixing his hair before continuing to school.

He understands, he isn't upset Remus went to school without him.

No, what he's upset is that his back is in too much pain for him to go to school.
.
.
.
.
Remus dodged a male in the sky, hurrying to school.

God, he's a fucking idiot! Why can't his brain just work like a brain! Deceit has told him enough about his curse that he should've been able to figure it out! Why isn't he smart like Logan? Kind like Patton and Emile? Observant like Virgil and Remy?

He saw the entrance, and quickly flew down, stumbling his landing and falling on his knees.

"Shit!" his right knee was beginning to bleed. Whatever, blood makes you look badass.