Chapter Fifty-Six

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

"You asshole!" Remus screamed.

"Suck it, bitch!" Remy yelled back.

"Guys, stop fighting!" Emily tried.

"How the fuck am I in third?" Roman asked.

The four were playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Remus and Remy were fighting for first place, Emily was trying to get them to calm down, and Roman was just trying to get above sixth place.

Logan and Patton were on a date. Virgil was running late. Janus was still in the hospital.

Remus glared at Remy, "You coffee whore! You do NOT get to win all four courses!"

Remy flipped him off, "I get to do whatever the hell I want, last I checked."

Remus cursed the man out from under his breath, Remy laughing in victory.

"It's not over yet," Roman pointed out, "we still have one more race left before it shows the final results."

Remy grinned, "It won't matter, I won the last three, even if I get second, I still win."

Remus' wings bristled in anger, "I can still have this small victory!"

"Good luck with that, babe~" Remy winked, picking his controller up for the next race.

Emily sighed, "Not everything has to be a competition."

Remy gave her a look, "Says the one who cussed me out for beating you in Smash Bros."

Emily huffed, a sour look in her face, "That's completely different. That is MY game."

Remus growled, "I'm gonna snipe your dino ass."

"You wish," Remy snorted, "plumber boy."

Emily giggled, "Good luck everyone!"

The race started, Remus and Remy shouting and cussing each other out. Roman was doing decent, and cheered on his brother every now and then. Emily kept reminding everyone that it was just a game.

Remus ended up getting first that race, Remy second, Emily third, and Roman fifth.

Remy huffed, rolling his eyes, "Tch, whatever. I still won."

Remus grinned an evil grin, "Suck it, bitch," he repeated, mocking the other.

There was a knock at the door, but no one else seemed to hear but Roman. He stood up, walking away from the two arguing and Emily trying desperately to calm them down.

Roman chuckled, he loves his brother, but hell, he can be a bit much.

He opened the door, smiling brightly at seeing his boyfriend, "Virgil! Finally came, hm?"

The emo gave a nervous smile of his own, wings spread in a protective way, "Er, yep. I'm here. Just me."

Roman put his hands on his hips, raising an eyebrow, "Virgil.."

Virgil blew at his bangs, "Uh, I can't really stay here, just wanted to drop by and say hi real quick."

Roman gave him a look.

Virgil bit the bottom of his lip, "Look, you can't- can't tell anyone, ok?" he looked inside, wincing at the swears.

Roman looked back, "I'm going out! I'll be back in a bit!" he shouted, stepping out and shutting the door. He looked around outside, relieved when no one was outside. His wing tucked into his back, pressing against his back, trying to make it as flat as possible.