Chapter Nineteen

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

Remy was searching through Deceit's fridge. He was told to help Emile make something for Deceit while the others look up what to do for snakes when shedding and figure out to do that for Deceit.

Emile let out a sigh, "I feel bad.." he muttered, looking at Deceit's sleeping self.

Remy pushed his sunglasses up, "Huh? Why?"

Emile wrapped his pink wings around him, "I got scared for a second and I could tell it hurt him. I-I'm not scared of him!" Emile looked panicked, "Not his fault he was cursed.. I just don't want him to do anything he would regret later on."

Remy hummed, pulling out the jelly, "Let's make him a sandwich. Peanut butter and jam."

Remy turned to Emile, ruffling his hair, "Don't worry, babe. Deceit, or whatever his real name is, won't be mad at ya or anythang."

Emile's cheeks became a pink, "Y-Yeah."

Remy squinted at the smallers hair, "The pink is fading." he mumbled. Emile looked up at his bangs, "I guess. I don't have time to get someone to dye it again though."

Remy frowned, "What a shame, you look cute with pink strands."

Emile blushed, "R-Really?" he smiled a goofy smile at the compliment from his crush. Remy then blushed, "Ah, fuck, did I say that aloud?"

Emile giggled, "Yep! Now I have to get it pink again."

Remy chuckled, ruffling it again, "Ha, you really should though. How long are you going to grow your hair out?" Remy asked, looking at Emile's now chin length hair.

Emile looked down, "Oh, should I.. cut it?" he asked quietly. Remy panicked, "W-What? No! You look really pretty with it! I was just asking! You always look adorable when you look more feminine!"

Emile looked up with a surprised expression, but Remy couldn't stop his tangent, "Like the one time you wore a skirt! That was hot as hell, I mean seriously, Em! You should wear more stuff like that!"

It was silent.

Remy blushed a deep red, "Ah, wait, shit-"

Emile suddenly hugged him, hiding his face in Remy's chest. Remy stumbled back from the sudden impact, "E-Emile?"

"Thank you," Emile whispered, his voice shook a bit, "you have no idea how happy those words make me feel.."

Remy hugged back, wrapping his wings around him, "Just speaking the truth, gurl."

Emile couldn't be happier. His- HER crush just told her that he liked it when she was more feminine. Maybe.. maybe she can tell them?

Emile hugged tighter.

She can tell Patton first. She was friends with him since they were five, they were practically childhood friends with everything they knew about one another. Patton just doesn't know anything about her parents much, or that she got cats recently, or that she's transgender and would love to be called Emily instead of Emile.

Patton would accept her, but he's terrible at keeping secrets. So if she tells him, than she better be ready to tell the others shortly after.

Emile pulled away, smiling shyly at Remy, "You should come over sometime then, then I could wear that skirt again!" sh-HE giggled. He isn't Emily right now. He is Emile.

But not for long.
.
.
.
.
Deceit woke up, blinking so his eyes could focus on the ceiling.

What happened?

Oh yeah, his scales under the loose skin started to burn, so in his dizzy state he called Remus, so the others came in, he told them Deceit isn't his real name, he almost bit Remus, then he passed out.

His scales started to burn again, so he instinctively wrapped his human hand around his scaled arm.

He can't remove it until it starts to itch. Then he can safely scratch it off in the tub. He would fill the bathtub with warm water, then lay his scaled side in it to help remove it easier.

His dad suggested it.

Deceit let out a whine when they burned again. This has never happened before, why was it happening now? What did it mean?

"Deceit? Are you awake?" he heard a familiar monotone voice ask. Deceit slowly sat himself up, "Yeah.."

Logan handed him a wet rag, "Press this on your shed, it'll help."

Deceit took it, and pressed it on the worst burning spot.

Ah, that felt nice.

"Remus, Patton, and Virgil went out shopping to get you supplies that is to help you with your shedding." Logan said, "Remy, Emile, and Roman are with me."

Deceit nodded, then suddenly looked right up, "Roman? Where issss he?" he cringed at the slurr, but couldn't do anything to stop it until this stupid shedding was over.

Dumb scales.

Logam rose an eyebrow, "Roman? He is in the bathroom." Logan frowned, "He's been in there for a while now.."

Deceit carefully stood up, "I'll go check on him, be back." Deceit quickly left to his bathroom.

He cares deeply for Roman. He loves Remus more than anything, but he feels a different kind of protectiveness over Roman.

Kind of like a mother kind.

Deceit snorted, yeah right.

He knocked on the door, "Roman? It'sss jusssst me. Can I come in?" he asked.

He heard shuffling then the door clicked. He walked in, closing the door and locking it. He turned around to see Roman with his wing out.

He looked sick.

"Are you ok?" Deceit asked, pressing the wet rag on another spot. Roman nodded, "Just needed a moment. Are you ok though? Alot sort of happened."

Deceit sighed, "Yeah, I'll make it."

Roman stretched out his wing, "You said your scales hurt, what's wrong with them?" he asked with a worried look.

Deceit felt his own magic want to show, but he can't with the shed, "Oh, it jussst burnsssss." he shrugged.

Roman frowned, "That ain't good." he mumbled. He leaned against the wall, his wing tucking in, "Remus about shit his pants when Logam told him he needed to go with Virge and Pat to buy stuff."

Deceit laughed, able to imagine his boyfriend wanting to rip someone's head off.

Roman sighed, "Welp, better leave before the nerd gets suspicious."

Deceit smirked, "He already issss." but he then frowned, "Are you gonna be ok hiding your wing?" he asked in concern.

Roman smiled saldy, "Nope." and his wing disappeared. Roman let out a groan, but pushed away from the wall and opened to door.

Deceit followed. He understands why Roman would be insecure about it, but still! The others wouldn't mind at all.

Roman sat down on the couch, ignoring the suspicious look Logan gave him. Deceit followed, sitting next to him as they waited for the others to come back.

Emile and Remy walked in with a plate of peanut butter and jam sandwiches.

"Oh, these are for you!" Emile smiled warmly at him, handing it to him. Deceit nodded his head in thanks, the two sitting down as well as the watched whatever was on the TV.

Deceit really isn't looking forward to having to explain everything.