Chapter Seven

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

Roman was standing besides Coach Thomas again, watching the other kids play the same game they played last time.

The day has gone by rather quickly in Roman's opinion. His secret was almost non-secret twice which was better than yesterday.

They all sat and actually ate lunch instead, talking about what to do at the sleepover. Roman felt more comfortable and confident around his friends, so he talked a lot more.

Coach Thomas has been super nice still, not mentioning once about his wing.

"Ok! I'll let you guys have a break!" Coach Thomas yelled, walking over to the kid who got hurt pretty badly. Roman gave the kid a sad smile before turning behind him to see all of his friends in a group.

Roman was about to walk forward, but his back started to ache badly. He stopped, letting the pain die down. Having to hide his wings like this isn't healthy, but there's nothing he can do.

Remus look over at his brother, seeing pain on his face. Remus simply shrugged it off, assuming it wasn't important. Roman came over with a smile on his face anyways, so he was fine.

"You excited for your first sleepover Princey?" Remus asked. Roman's smile brightens "Yeah! I can't wait to see what happens at sleepovers!"

"Whose house are we going to again?" Patton asked, standing strangely close to Logan. Emile raised his hand, "Mine! Like usual!~" He chirps.

Remy smiled at the smallers cute action. He was always so extra, it's adorable.

The group talked, chatting about what they would do and such. "Oh! Oh! What about the classic Truth or Dare?" Remus practically screamed. Everyone was use to this though.

"That sounds like fun." Remy shrugged, taking a drink and putting an elbow on Virgil's shoulder. Virgil hissed, but let Remy do him. Roman felt anger bubble in his chest. As well as pain in his back.

Speaking of which, it's actually getting worse. His magic is wanting work and having to push it down hurts. Like hell.

Roman couldn't help but let out a quiet groan. His back hasn't hurt like this in a few good years. Last it hurt this bad was when his dad was home..

Logan heard the noise Roman made, looking over to be sure he heard right. He suspects he was right seeing pain on his face. "Roman, are you alright?" Logan asked, causing everyone else look over aswell.

Roman opened his mouth, but a groan only left instead. He tried to hide it with a yawn, and then smiled. "I'm fine! Just a small headache, we all get those!" Roman laughed it off, hoping he seemed believable.

He didn't.

"A headache? You should see the nurse then. She can help you. A headache that bad must be awful to have at the moment." Deceit said, having an idea as to what was really happening.

Virgil however has been paying close attention to Roman. He noticed how Roman always refuses to even talk about his wings. "No, it's his wings." Roman seem to freeze at mentioning his wings. "He hasn't let them pop up at all." Virgil frowned while saying this. Virgil has to admit, he hasn't felt the feelings he feels towards Roman ever. It was a nice, but awful feeling. He'd look more into it later.

Remus piped up, "He doesn't have to, it isn't required to have your wings out!" Virgil immediately responded, "In this class, it is."

Remus didn't know what to say after. Deceit kept quiet, trying to think of an lie to defend Roman.

Roman on the other hand..

Roman was trying to focus on anything but his pain and stress. He tried to think of the sleepover, how much fun it'd be. But he then realized he wouldn't be able to have his wings out an entire night, which is extremely unhealthy.

"Roman, just give your magic a break. No one here will judge at all. And all the other kids are all the way over there, doing their own shit." Virgil said gently. Roman opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

Finally, he spoke. "I.. I can't..."

Everyone was now curious and confused. Why not?

"What do you mean?" Emile asked. Roman bit down on his lip, refusing to say anything else. Then everyone turned to Remus.

"Is he ok..?" Patton asked. Remus look between everyone, casting a glance at Deceit. "Uh.. yeah? I mean, he isn't crying or anything." Remus was awful at lying. Anytime he tried, it was obvious he lied. He's normally honest anyways.

"Remus." Virgil gave him a glare. Deceit had enough. "Virgil! Leave the two alone! It's obviously a private situation!" He snapped, making Patton jump slightly. Virgil stared at him for a good while.

"You know why."

Deceit stared right back. "Maybe. And if I do, I sure as hell wouldn't tell any of you. Not without their permission."

The group was quiet now, everyone even more curious and confused.

Virgil then sighed, and turned to Roman. "Fine. I won't get to personal, I'm sorry." Virgil apologized. Roman smiled slightly. "But," he began, "no one here will make fun of your wings. I know that for a fact."

Everyone nodded. Roman sighed in relief. "Thanks.. it isn't really big anyways. Just uh.. not ready." Roman lied. But the others believed it.

They talked about other things for the rest of the day, everyone seemingly kinder to Roman. Roman hardly noticed.

The bell finally rung, and everyone said their goodbyes after they all went out the door. Remy flew up, Emile and Virgil went left, as Logan and Patton stayed around like usual.

Deceit, Remus, Roman walked together. Deceit was the first to break the silence. "You'll need to tell them eventually." Deceit said. It almost sounded like he struggled to say the sentence, but you'd have to be really paying attention to notice.

Roman stayed silent. Remus thought for a moment, "Oh, what about at the sleepover?" Remus suggested. Roman shook his head, "I don't want to ever." he mumbled.

Deceit and Remus looked at one another. Roman was going to have a hard time at the sleepover then.