Chapter Thirty-One

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

Emile's heart stopped when he looked at his friends, especially Patton. Oh, how hurt Patton and Remy looked...

"Emile, what? Why are you-" Patton's wings drooped, eyes tearing up, "Why are you leaving?"

Emile looked down, wings sprouting and wrapping around him to avoid looking at anyone. He stayed silent.

Remy scowled, "You are not leaving. No way."

"You don't control me." Emile hissed.

Remus sat up right, "Why the fuck are you leaving? Is it money? I'm sure we can all pitch in to help-"

"It isn't money." Emile muttered, the wings puffing up in defense.

Remy had to scoot back to avoid accidentally touching him. If their wings puff out, they feel extremely in danger. Which Emile apparently felt.

"Emile, calm down." Logan instructed, setting Patton off of him, "Why are you moving away?"

Emile kept quiet, trying to make himself smaller.

Roman looked over at Remus, but Remus was just as confused. Remus knew him longer than he did.

But Patton knew Emile longer than any of them.

He looked over at Patton, Patton desperately wanting to hug his bestfriend, but didn't want to trigger anything.

"Emily, you need to-" Patton shook his head, "Emile, you need to talk to us."

God, saying her dead name makes him all uncomfortable.

Virgil was trying to breathe normally. Too much. Too many bad things are happening.

He felt a hand press his chest, a finger tapping the breathing exercises that was all to familiar.

He looked over to see Roman was the one doing it. He wasn't looking at him, him focusing on Emile, but still wanted to help his boyfriend.

Virgil loves him even more for that. Finding time to comfort him in a situation like that, just wow.

"E-Emile," Virgil started, Emile's wings twitched at his stutter, "We deserve t-to know if y-you're m-moving or not and w-why.."

There was a quiet sigh.

Emile looked up at Virgil, "My parents. My parents found me." He glanced over at Patton when Patton blinked, realizing the situation, "So I have to move away as far as I can."

"Parents?" Remy questioned. Emile hardly ever mentions about them.

Patton groaned, "Emmy, we talked about this.." He looked at him, "Just say it! Say it and we can all help you!"

Emile looked down again.

Can they really do anything? What can a few teenagers do to two adults?

"Remember," Remus leaned forward with a nervous grin, "We have a snake boi on our side, he can fuck them up if I beg enough."

Emile had a small smile at that, "Heh.. thanks.. but.."

Patton was having physical pain not just blurting out Emile is actually a lovely, beautiful girl named Emily.

Logan had to place a hand on his shoulder to remind him to keep quiet.

Emile sighed again, "You guys don't need my problems right now.." He mumbled.

Roman and Remus rolled their eyes, "As if." They grumbled at the same time, then shot each other an amused look. Emile chuckled from that.

"Em." Remy hesitantly took Emile's hand, squeezing it, "Everything will be alright. I.. I just need you to talk to me. Talk to us."

Emile began to tear up, looking over at Patton and Logan, the two smiling at him in support.

No.

She won't be called a him anymore after this. Never again.

She cast a glance at everyone before looking right at Remy, "I'm.. I-I'm a transgender female."

Remy blinked in surprise, Roman and Remus gasped, then grinned, and Virgil whistling, "Damn, alright then. Dropped it on us."

Patton squealed, jumping on her, giving her a hug, "Yay! You did it! I'm so proud!"

Logan sighed in relief, "I was worried Patton might've burst from keeping such a big secret." Patton stuck his tounge out at him, which only made Logan chuckle.

Emily hugged back, but looked at the other four with worry.

Roman smiled at him, "Don't worry! I'm with you 100%! You're my friend!"

Remus snorted, "Got a lot if nerve thinkin' I'm gonna dislike you just because you were born in the wrong body. I should beat you right now." He was obviously teasing.

Virgil shrugged, "You haven't done a murder. And last I checked, you're still the dorky cartoon kid." He grinned when Emily puffed her cheeks at that.

Remy brought her in a hug, "Fuck you for thinking that wasn't important." He brought her pink face up to look at him, "How long have we been calling you a he when you were really a she?"

Emily looked away, "Er.. since we met? I figured it out before we met and uhm-"

"We've been misgendering you this whole time?!" Remy yelled, tugging at his hair, "Fucking shit-"

"Shit dude," Virgil looked guilty, "Shit."

"D-Don't feel bad!" Emily quickly tried to make the upset faces disappear, "You guys didn't know, it's completely ok!"

Patton only looked worse, "This entire time, I've been making you uncomfortable.." His skin crawled. He may not be transgender himself and has no idea what his friend is going through, but just making her uncomfortable by this made him want to punch himself.

"Patton, I promise I'm not upset or anything." Emily shuffled over and hugged him, "I promise."

Patton sighed, hiding his face in her chest.

It was silent. An uncomfortable one for everyone but Patton and Emily.

"So.. why are you moving?" Roman spoke up.

"And what is your preferred name?" Remus called after.

"I'd like to go by Emily now," She smiled wearily at them, but then looked down sadly, "I'm moving because my parents found my work area and called my boss, telling him I'm not an actual girl.. and he fired me.." She refused to look at anyone, Patton's hug helping her feel slightly better.

"So I contacted my Uncle and he said he'd let me live with him." Emily didn't want to move away, but what other choice does she ha-

"You can stay with me."

Emily looked up at Remy with shock.

"..What? I-I can't do th-"

"Yes, yes you can," Remy interrupted, "You can and you will. My mom will gladly let you live here until you move out."

Emily shook her head, "That's doing too much. I won't-"

"Emily, please."

She stopped at the plead. Hearing him say her name..

"Emily, you can just take my uncle's room, we'll clear it out and you can stay there. But please," Remy took her hands once more, tears threatening to fall, "Please don't leave me."

Remy doesn't know what he'd do with hi- her gone. If she left.. his heart won't be able to take it. She can stay here. He knows for a fact his mother won't give two shits. She'd be excited even.

Emily looked down at her hands in his. She felt her cheeks get wet with tears she didn't even know she had.

"...ok." She whispered.

"Ok?" He repeated, wanting to make sure.

"Ok," She nodded, "I'll stay. I'll stay with you."

!!!STAY INSIDE, BE BORED AND SAFE INSTEAD OF DYING ALONE AND WEAR A FUCKING MASK!!!