Chapter Thirteen

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

Roman woke up once again for.. the 8th time? In absolute pain.

Roman was sleeping by himself near a corner, Virgil on his far right while his brother and his brother's boyfriend were on his far left. Remy was asleep on the couch, Logan and Patton snuggled up on one another. Emile in his room.

Roman would fall asleep, only to wake up with his magic screaming at him to just let it go. But he can't.

If he let's out his wings, then someone could wake up and see him. He isn't ready for that.

Then again...

His back is hurting like hell and he is extremely tired, but can't sleep due to the pain..

Roman stood up, carefully stepping over his brother and Deceit, heading towards Emile's bathroom.

He walked in, closing the door and turning on the lights. It was simple. It had a sink with cabinets near a corner with a mirror that seems like one that could open. There was a toilet and a bathtub, the usual. As well as a small circular pink fluffy carpet.

Roman let his wing out, feeling the utter relief leave him and the pain dying down. He stretched his wing as far as possible, hearing a satisfying pop, then tucking it back.

He pulled his phone out of his pocket, seeing it was 3:54 a.m. It was late.

He groaned, rather loudly, sitting down on the small carpet, going onto his gallery, mindlessly scrolling.

Roman sat there for a good hour, already feeling himself slip into to slumber, but would snap his head up as soon as it touched the cool wall.

He wrapped his wing around his body, trying to give himself warmth. It didn't work too well.

If he had both wings, perhaps it would. But no. Because of a stupid storm, he just had to lose his left wing. Roman glared at a picture with him and his brother.

They both had their wings out. Roman felt jealousy bubble up in him. His brother had both of his wings. His brother got to keep going to school. His brother had friends. His brother had found love. His brother had everything Roman couldn't have back then. And it pissed him off.

This was normal. Roman would feel jealous that Remus had things he couldn't. Anyone would feel it.

Roman huffed, setting his phone down and staring at the wall as guilt took over. He always feels guilty for feeling jealous after the mini episode was over. His brother was always there for him. He supported Roman, and sat there to listen when Roman would cry. Sure, Remus can be an absolute dick, but they were still brothers. They never left the other.

Roman barley heard the gentle footsteps in the hall, too busy beating himself up for being jealous. He did however hear the knock.

"Hello? Roman, are you in there?" Asked a voice that either belonged to Patton or Emile. Their voices were extremely similar.

"U-Uh, yeah, j-just a second." Roman replied, quickly hiding his wing and hurrying to the door.

He opened it, and there stood a sleepy Patton. Patton had his glasses on, it being smudged slightly while in an adorable cat onesie.

"Are you alright, you've been in here for a while.." He mumbled sleepily. Roman tensed for a second, before smiling, "I'm alright, just had trouble sleeping and I didn't want to disturb anyone!" Roman said as cheerful as he could.

"Good, but it's getting time to wake up so don't worry about bothering anyone." Patton smiled as he walked back towards the living room.

Wait, what? Roman thought he was only up for an hour, not the entire..

Roman sighed, his back did feel better, so he wasn't complaining too much. But he was still tired as hell.

Roman walked out of the bathroom, tossing his phone on his sleeping bag before seeing that Patton and Emile were chatting happily.

The two did seem rather close. They were always doing things together at school, like playing with the others hair and giggling over whatever they found adorable and funny.

Roman stepped over Logan, the nerd in a rather strange position. His legs were bent behind him, his arms above his head.

"Ah, there you are Roman! I'm making pancakes!" Emile said, Patton handing him a pan. Roman nodded in acknowledgment, not bothering to answer.
.
.
.
.
When Emile was nearly done, everyone was already awake. Well, Remy was half awake.

"God dammit.. my head hurtssss!" Remy slurred, rubbing his head. Logan groaned in agreement.

Emile scoffed, rolling his eyes, "What you get for getting drunk."

Remy snorted.

Roman was on his phone again, looking at his collection a Disney backgrounds. He suddenly felt like he was being stared at.

He looked up, his eyes immediately meeting Virgil's. Virgil was sitting besides him on the couch.

"Uh.. can I.. help you..?" Roman was nervous. And confused.

Virgil didn't seem to hear him.

Virgil's mind couldn't stop replaying Roman's soft pink lips on his own. It felt so right. He must admit, it was a shock Roman did so and made him.. uncomfortable? Only for, hell, not even a second. Consent would've been nice.

Virgil was now staring at Roman's lips. The need to kiss them grew inside.

Roman snapped his fingers, getting Virgil out of his trance, "You good?"

Virgil blushed, but looked away so Roman couldn't see, "Y-Yeah. Just thinking." He mumbled.

Roman gave him a look, but shrugged his shoulders and went back on his phone, seemingly choosing a 'Princess and the Frog' background for his homescreen.

"Breakfast is done!" Emile's voice called.
.
.
.
.
"This is dumb!" Remus yelled in frustration, almost throwing his controller. Remus, Roman, Emile, and Remy were play some good ol' Mario Kart. Roman wasn't too bad for his first play, getting 5th. Emile got 2nd, Remy 1st, Remus getting 7th.

Deceit kissed the top of Remus' head, the smaller sitting in his lap "It's a game, relax."

Remus only pouted more.

Roman caught Virgil starting at him again, but as soom as he looked, the emo looked at his phone.

Roman wasn't uncomfortable, it was just different. Did he do something wrong?

Logan and Patton had left, the two saying they needed to talk in private. Though, everyone knows they are most likely going to end up being a couple next time they see them.

Emile giggled, hitting a button to start to last race.

Remus had a look of determination, "I'm going to do better! Just you wait coffee fucker!" Remus screamed. Remy snorted, "Bring it, slut." Emile rolled his eyes.

Roman chuckled. He had a good feeling about his new friends.