Chapter Sixty-Two

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

It was a chilly Wednesday. Thankfully, the afternoon isn't as cold as it was in the morning.

Finally, Roman was able to go to school. It took a lot of convincing to Remus, but he was able to not only let him go to school, but get his brother to go on Monday and Tuesday.

Coach Thomas blew his whistle, Roman wincing from the noise, "Remus! You're out!"

"Bullshit!" Remus screamed, "Hope hit the tip of my finger!"

Coach Thomas sighed, "That's 25 cents for the swear, and he still hit you."

Remus glared at Hope, the boy fidgeting nervously. Remus crossed his arms, stomping over to Roman and sitting next to him.

Coach Thomas blew the whistle, the game continuing. He then walked over to Remus, holding his hand out.

Remus begrudgingly took 25 cents out of his pocket. He always has a few in there just for this. Other teachers yell at him, but Coach Thomas just makes him pay very little money.

Roman flicked Remus' forehead, the other shouting in protest, "Stop swearing around Coach Thomas."

Remus pouted, "Your fake boyfriend got me out."

"He isn't my fake boyfriend."

"Sure, not like you text almost every single day."

"It's just talking."

"More like sexting."

"What the-? Ew! I'm pretty sure he's dating someone!"

"Wait, really?" Remus perked up, "Who's the unfortunate guy?"

Roman scowled, "Dating Hope wouldn't be a bad thing. And it think it's one of his friends."

"Hope has friends?"

"Shut up."

Roman leaned back, watching Patton squeal as a ball raced past him, jumping onto Virgil. The taller yelped, falling down from it. Remy pointed at his cousin and laughed, only to get hit in the back with a ball.

"You know those two girls? One's a red head and the other has black hair? It's- Those two!" he pointed at two girls standing on each side of Hope.

Remus frowned, "Isn't he gay? And they're dating each other?"

"Oh, are they?" Roman asked, feeling a bit embarrassed, "I-I haven't been around them that much, I dunno."

Remus gently patted his back, "It's alright dumbass, I'll inform you of everyone."

Roman rolled his eyes, "Oh yeah? Who's that blonde girl?" he nodded towards a small girl. She had her blonde hair in a ponytail, pink circular glasses perched on her nose, her skin tanned. She had a Hello Kitty bandaid on her left ring finger. Her wings were a pretty soft pink color.

"Easy," Remus said, "That's Rose. She's in the cheerleader team, and use to have a crush on Virgil. She likes dark guys. She's pretty nice, I suppose."

Roman was silent before pointing to another kid, "Who's that?"

"Berry. He use to get bullied a lot, because I guess he looked like a berry? I mean, his hair and wings are purple and he's kind of round. But after he kicked this kid's ass, he became kind of popular. He's honestly a jackass."

"That one?"

"Sienna, she's a bitch. She makes all the loser kids hate themselves, it's her specialty. However, rumors have it she's dating this girl named Star from another school. That'd ruin her for sure, if it ended up true."

Remus spent the rest of his timeout talking about kids. He didn't know a few of them too well, but Roman was excited. He was learning about new kids! Some he could potentially befriend, and some he knows to stay away from. He was particularly interested when Remus said this one kid, Danny, is in this theater club. He didn't know clubs existed here. Remus shrugged, saying there wasn't a lot.

The last two standing were Virgil and Logan. They were both surprisingly, maybe not that surprisingly actually, good at some sports. Virgil was very strong for how skinny he is. Logan has a strong dislikeness towards physical activity.

Remus screamed, "GO VIRGIL! KICK THE NERD'S AS- ER, DIC- no that isn't- BEAT HIM UP!"

Roman cheered too, "I believe in you Virgil!"

"Do it LoLo! Do it my dark strange son! I believe in both of you!" Patton giggled.

Emily clapped, "Destroy Virgil, Logan!"

Remy looked up from his phone, "What?"

Other kids started cheering for their own team, some even starting chants.

Virgil shrunk from all the cheers, "This is way too much pressure.."

Logan took two balls, his wings pressing against his back. He then smirked, "Goodbye, Virgil."

He threw a ball incredibly fast, that if you didn't blink you'd still miss it.

Virgil, thanks to his Flight or Fight, was able to move just in time.

Logan threw the other ball, Virgil blocking it with his own ball. He quickly grabbed another one, spinning before he threw it, hoping that would make it go faster.

Logan turned his body to the right, ducking just in time to miss the next ball, quickly picking one up.

Virgil stood still, waiting for the other to throw it. He cast a quick glance at Roman, his boyfriend looking excited. His mouth was moving, but Virgil couldn't hear it, couldn't hear anything. Despite it being a game, everything felt real and dangerous.

A ball flew right past his head, him jerking back from it. He turned to Logan, the tallet already aiming another ball at him, "Stop staring at your boyfriend. I would like to finish this game before the bell rings."

Virgil huffed, "Then lose."

"No, thank you."

Logan squinted his eyes, taking his time. He's aiming it at Virgil, but he plans on throwing it to the left, hoping he dodges it by going that direction.

Virgil's feathers were ruffled, anxiety bubbling up. Why was he taking so long? Is he actually just waiting for the bell?

A ball suddenly hit the side of his head, making him yelp and stumble over, falling on his side. Logan blinked, taken aback. He didn't throw that, who..?

"Janus!" Remus gasped.

Virgil whipped his head behind him. There, a rather tall and slim teen stood, wearing a bright yellow shirt with a black jacket over it and black pants. A very familiar black hat sat atop his head, his snake eye closed while his human eye scanned the area. One detail Virgil hated was how smug he looked, tossing around another ball.

Remus jumped up, hardly able to run correctly with his wings flapping in excitement.

Janus smiled as soon as he saw the other, opening his arms wide and dropping the ball. Remus jumped onto his boyfriend, wrapping his arms and legs around him. Janus stumbled back a bit, but held on. He lightly kissed the smaller's forehead.

He opened his snake eye, starting right at Virgil and Logan. He grinned, his fangs flashing.

"I'm back~"

sorry i didn't publish last friday! i got pretty sick. like, i was very delusional. it wasn't covid, maybe just a cold or something, but i'm alright now!

i'm also sorry for not publishing this yesterday, i was too busy and forgotten about it. school before writing.

!!!GET VACCINATED, STAY INSIDE, AND WEAR A FUCKING MASK INSTEAD OF DYING ALONE AND GETTING OTHERS SICK!!!