Chapter Twenty-Two

WARNING: THIS STORY IS KINDA OLD SO IT'S KINDA CRINGE. I WAS YOUNGER WHEN I WROTE IT. JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!

Roman couldn't sleep that night. After they all left eventually, Remus and Remy teasing the two about their kiss, Roman found he couldn't sleep.

Too much happened that night! He almost died, he showed them his wing, Virgil took him FLYING, and he KISSED his crush.

Roman felt himself tear up, trying to not cry so he doesn't wake up his brother. Virgil took him flying... he finally, after all these years, know what it feels to fly..

Roman failed in keeping quiet, a small sob broke through him as he rolled to face the wall, his wing twitching.

Virgil is the best person ever. Remus is still the best brother for everything he has done for Roman, and he is incredibly happy to have the friends he has, but Virgil..

Virgil did something he gave up on long ago. Virgil brought back his ACTUAL happiness, not that he wasn't originally happy.

That incredible, attractive emo made many dreams come true.

Roman let out another happy cry, taking out his phone from under his pillow and going to Virgil's contact.

When they did get down, and everyone finally let them be alone, they said they would talk about the kiss some other time, after we, even though Virgil meant Roman, had time to take everything in.

Roman: Hey you up?

Roman waited a bit, and got a reply.

Virgil: yeah, can't sleep

Virgil: Alot happened

Roman: Yeah, can't sleep because of tonight too

Virgil: i have something important to ask you tomorrow, so you should probably go to bed

Roman felt curiosity build up in him. What is it? Can't he ask now? Is it.. about the kiss? It would be best to talk about it in person.

Roman: yeah yeah. You need sleep too you know

Virgil: What are you Patton?

Roman: Feel like Logan would say it instead

Virgil: true, but Patton has forced me to sleep multiple times

Virgil: Kinda use to him telling me ir

Virgil: it* damn i'm tired

Roman: Haha, then go to bed! We'll talk at school, k?

Virgil: okk

Virgil: goodnight♡

Roman felt his face heat up at the heart.

Roman: Nighty night!♡

Roman shut his phone off, turning back to see Remus still asleep, drooling everywhere.

Roman let out a sigh, closing his eyes as sleep slowly came to him, his thoughts clouded with Virgil and flying.
.
.
.
.
Emile hummed to herself as she did her job. Since Emile lives alone, she pays the bill and all. So she has a job where she can work at home, and her rich uncle sends her money every now and then to help too.

Emile sighed. Her job is just responding to emails and such for a certain furniture company. She's been working there for a year, always staying home to do it. Since her uncle sends money, she doesn't need to make too much, but enough for her too.

Emile has told the others she lives alone and that her family, never said who, pays for her bills. She never said she has a job. Most teenagers do, though. Logan has said he is thinking about applying to a job, Deceit saying he'd like to have a job too. Remy has mentioned he works at Starbucks on weekends sometimes, Remus and Roman don't have jobs, and neither does Patton.

Emile doesn't know why she hasn't told them she had a job, possibly because her company know her as a her named Emily.

Emile-Emily shuddered. She is NOT ready to come out yet. So many things are already happening, she doesn't want to add on. Deceit isn't Deceit's real name, there is more to his curse, Roman has one wing, and has kissed Virgil, which was rather adorable.

They don't need to deal with her secrets too.

Emily, sighed, running a hand through her hair. It was getting longer. It was a bit below shoulder length. The pink was, indeed, fading. She'll have to get someone to dye it again.

Emily heard her phone ring. Oh, someone is calling her. She picks it up, and saw it was her boss.

She cleared her throat, wanting to try and sound more... Emily.

"Hello?" She said cheerfully.

"Emily, we need to talk." the rapsy voice spoke. He sounded pissed..

"What is it? Did something happen?" she asked. The man snorted, "You are fired."

Emily froze up, trying to register what he just said.

"..fired? B-But-" Emily tried, but he cut her off, "Your parents contacted me. You lied to me! You said you were a girl named Emily, but you're actually a boy named Emile! That is absolutely disgusting! You pervert!"

Emily felt her heart breaking. The fuck? Her parents found her? Her parents contacted her work to tell her boss she was a he?

"Sir, I'm not a pervert! Please, believe me! I'm tran-"

"No, I won't listen to someone like you. You're lucky I'm not going to call the cops on a disgusting person like you. Never contact us again." And he hung up.

Emily slowly sat the phone down, her brain trying to process what happened.

She got fired. Her parents contacted them. They know where she works-worked. They might know where she lives.

Then it really started to hit.

Her boss called her a pervert because she said she was a female named Emily. She is! She isn't-

...

She isn't a she. Emily doesn't exist. She never did. No one will ever see he-him as Emily. He can't help it.

Emile started to cry. He just kept crying and crying, trying desperately to calm down. But how could he?

His parents found him, he was fired, he may not be safe, he-

Emile wrapped his arms and wings around himself, hugging himself. He can't anymore. He needs to go somewhere safer. But where? This place took forever to get, and he has all his friends..

Maybe he could ask uncle if he's let him stay with him? Uncle has always hated mom and dad, so he wouldn't contact them if he specifically asks him not to.

Emile couldn't stop crying and shaking. Too mcuh has happened this night.