Chapter 36- Hinata and The Masked Man

Again Trigger warnings: Gore and fighting stuff (tho not as bad as last chapter)

Im really sorry peoples for this. Its time. 

Hinata POV

Hinata was becoming increasingly more nervous about his upcoming fight. Line had been slammed into a wall, Kiri was seriously injured and possibly disabled for the rest of his life, Aka had made it out mostly unscathed except for his cheek, which was still bleeding. Hinata's gut throbbed as he climbed down the ladder to the floor. Worst case scenario, his wound opened again. But he tried not to think about that. As Hinata stepped onto solid ground it felt like the temperature dropped several degrees. He knew he wasn't as scary as Aka or Kai, but he could still be pretty terrifying. Hinata dropped two knives he had been keeping in his sleeves into his hands and started twirling them, the same twirl and throw motion he had been doing for years. As the two opponents began circling each other, Hinata knew, it was now or never.

Suga POV

Suga watched as Hinata dropped onto the floor and began flipping knives and circling. It was like he was a different person. The most similar thing Suga had seen Hinata do was when he yelled at them a few weeks ago, but even that wasn't even close. His eyes seemed to be radiating rage incarnate (Eren that you?), and anger was coming off of him in waves.

Hinata POV

Pretty quickly the trash talk began. "Sho, you really think that you, the wounded agent, the kid who cried every night during training, could possibly beat me, the best agent this organization has seen in a decade?" Hinata suddenly stopped walking. "Wait did you say agent?" he questioned. The question was ignored as the masked man charged forward, elbowing Hinata in the gut. He gasped as the air left his lungs and his gut screamed, trying and failing to breathe. Blindly Hinata swung a fist, eyes widening as the crack on the masked mans mask widened. Hinata dropped to a squatting position, feigning collapse before swinging out his leg, effectively sweeping the masked man off his feet. As fast as he could Hinata landed another couple of blows on the ever widening crack. If the mask came off Hinata might be able to knock the masked man out via blow to the head. But before the mask could break Hinata was thrown to the side, rolling on the ground for a few seconds before getting to his feet. 

Suga POV

Suga watched the fight with a mix of shock and horror. The two fighters were moving so quickly that it was hard for his eyes to follow it. Suga turned his head as a kid with a grey ponytail muttered "He's moving slower than usual..." Suga's eyes widened as he asked the kid "Wait did you say he was moving slower than usual?!" The kid looked at him, slightly annoyed. "Sho is the fastest person in the organization, even faster than the masked man. We literally call him the orange flash. But if you look, the masked man is keeping up with him." Suga looked back and nodded. Come on Hinata... just hold on...

Hinata POV

About 7 feet away the masked man was standing, slightly slouched, one hand trying to keep his mask from falling apart. The crack Kiri and Hinata had collectively created seemed to stretch vertically from one end of the mask to the other. If the masked man let go it would probably fall apart on its own within a couple of seconds. Desperate to create those few seconds, Hinata rushed forward to try and hit anywhere he could. The masked man managed to block remarkably well considering he was only fighting with one hand and his legs, but Hinata managed to hit the muscle right above his shoulder blades causing the masked man to grunt and let go of the mask to grab his shoulder (that actually really hurts I don't recommend it). Hinata drew a knife as quickly pinned the other to the ground, knife at his throat. What happened next shocked everyone in the room. "You can kill me. Just don't take off the mask. It'll ruin everything" the masked mans voice cracked on the last word. Hinata was frozen in shock. The masked man was...pleading?... Careful to make sure that the larger man couldn't move Hinata lifted a tentative hand to the mask. Before he could lift the plastic away the crack widened further until the hard plastic fell away. As Hinata stared at the face below him he fought the urge to scream, shaking his head back and forth rapidly. This couldn't have been right. The masked man was ruthless, ferocious, terrifying, evil. He couldn't be the masked man, it was just impossible. There were cries from the balcony above as the agents stared at the familiar face, as well as some players. Hinata managed to croak out two words. "Its...you?" 

Masked Man POV

Tears slipped down Kuroo's cheeks as he looked into Sho's devastated eyes. "Yeah..." he whispered. "Its me..." 

Hinata POV

As Hinata watched the masked man slowly stand up the pieces of the puzzle began to click together. The kill count mystery, the way he tensed whenever the masked man was mentioned, everything. But that meant- no way. That meant that he had hurt everything Hinata cared about over and over, all while pretending to care about Hinata and the others. THAT DAMN TRAITOR. Hinata felt his fury at Tetsu overflow and he charged forward without thinking, knife raised to kill. But before the knife could make contact Hinata was pressed against Tetsu's chest, the olders arms wrapped around him so tightly he could barely breathe. Hinata tensed, arms straight forward, and dropped the knife causing a loud clanging noise to echo around the room. His eyes squeezed closed as he was wrapped in his brothers familiar, yet alien, embrace. After a couple seconds his anger died down and it was replaced with confusion. "Why?" he whispered. Tetsu pushed him away and gave him a sad smile. "Its complicated Sho..." Hinata pulled another knife out and in his distress pointed it at Kuroo's chest. It could be embedded in his chest before he had a chance to speak again. But there was something holding him back. "Sho please just surrender..." Tetsu said, his voice shaking. "I really don't want to hurt you...". But Hinata shook his head. "Sorry Tetsu, but I can't trust you right now." The older flinched like Hinata had slapped him. "Please Sho, if you surrender I can get you all out of here, and make sure you never have to kill anyone anymore. I'll assume all responsibility for the police, you can live normally with Natsu and everyone else. I promise Im not lying to you." He was so close to accepting Tetsu's offer, but before Hinata could say anything there was a loud bang and Tetsu froze, eyes wide. "Sho...yo?" he whispered. Hinata sprinted forwards and caught Tetsu before he could hit the floor. Ripping away Tetsu's black jacket Hinata's eyes widened as he saw the crimson tendrils arcing from a spot just below the left side of his ribcage. Tetsu gave him a weak laugh before whispering

"I guess Im not getting out of this one too...am I?..."

A/N

So um. Not really sure what to say about this chapter. Its way shorter than usual but new part should be out by the end of the week (If all goes to plan). I've been planning this chapter pretty much since October when I decided who the masked man was going to be. If it makes you feel any better the masked man was originally intended to be our one and only farmer Ushijima Wakatoshi and the entire book was going to be a "You should have come to Shiratorizawa" joke. But I decided to drag Kuroo into this instead. I think we've got three chapters left. The end is near. (I mean other than the sequel thats starting immediately afterwards). Love yall!

~Jellybeans