Chapter 18- Pinch Serve

Fast note: I re-read all of the chapters last night and I realized that Hinata's alias changed from the ginger demon to the orange demon, from now on it is the second one, I may go back and change the original one, just thought I should point this out. I also realized that there was no chapter 5 and there were 2 chapter 8s. So everything is a number ahead now but lets just move along with our lives shall we.

Daichi POV

When Daichi woke up he was sincerely hoping that all of last night had been a dream. However when he saw Nishinoya, Tanaka, and Natsu he realized it hadn't been. Hinata was really an assassin. And he was really gone. It was about 5 AM an hour before their alarm was supposed to go off. Great. Practice while exhausted was going to be pleasant. For a few minutes Daichi tried to fall back asleep, but his attempts were futile. After he gave up he decided he should at least be productive. As quietly as possibly Daichi walked down the stairs to the kitchen. After taking stock of all the ingredients in the kitchen, Daichi began to make blueberry muffins. Because muffins make everything better. About 20 minutes later a little head popped up behind the counter. "Good morning Natsu" Daichi whispered. "Isn't it kind of early for you to be awake?" Natsu nodded in response and then whispered "I can't sleep very much without Shoyo." Daichi frowned a little bit. Her not sleeping might be a little bit of a problem. He gestured for her to take a seat at the table and she did it. About 20 more minutes later the muffins were ready, and it was time for everyone else to wake up. 

Daichi gently shook the other boys awake much to their annoyance. It took a full three minutes to separate Nishinoya from his pillow. Once they were all fully conscious they sat/stood around the table eating muffins. "So" Nishinoya started. "Whats the plan for today?" Daichi finished off his muffin. "We all need to go to school like normal." Nishinoya and Tanaka looked like they were about to protest but Daichi continued. "If we don't go to school like normal, then it could raise questions that we aren't prepared to answer." Next Daichi turned to Natsu. "Hey Natsu are you okay still going to school today?" She looked hesitant but she agreed. "Okay then" Daichi clasped his hands together. "Natsu I'll pick you up here, and take you to my house after we finish practice." Pretty quickly everyone finished their muffins and got ready for their respective schools. At 6:30 Saeko pulled up out front to take the boys across the mountain to Karasuno. They waved goodbye to Natsu, and they 15 minutes later they arrived at practice. There weren't really any questions about where Hinata was with the exception of Kageyama who was supposedly supposed to be getting free ice cream from Hinata today. Practice felt like it lasted forever to Daichi, but that was because he had gotten 3 hours of sleep. The rest of school went pretty smoothly. However as soon as Daichi stepped into the gym he saw that it was full of a team in white and teal. Daichi then remembered something. They had a practice match today.

Oikawa POV

As Oikawa walked into the Karasuno gym it was strangely quiet. Then again Oikawa had never actually been here before, so maybe it was always like this? However his suspicions were confirmed when Iwa-Chan~ leaned over and whispered "Hey, wheres the shrimp?" That explained why it was so quiet. Oikawa walked over to Tobio-chan, and waved at him. "Yo, Tobio-Chan!" Tobio turned to walk away, clearly annoyed. "Where's Chibi-chan?" Oikawa asked him. Tobio shrugged. "He didn't come to school today." Oikawa inwardly cursed. He had been hoping to test some things against the freak quick. But a match against Karasuno was still a match against Karasuno. Oikawa knew he needed to take this seriously, even if Chibi-Chan wasn't here. After warmups, the game commenced. 

Seijoh was up by 5 and Karasuno was struggling. Without the Tobio-Chan and Chibi-Chan's freak duo, Karasuno couldn't take on a power school like Aoba Johsai. But they sure were trying. Their pinch server, freckles, just scored another service ace. Thats the third one in a row. Finally, we got the ball back and soon we had won the first set. The second set was a little more difficult now that Karasuno had figured themselves out, but they lost by three points. They all seemed kind of defeated, especially Tobio-Chan. But that was understandable. As they were pitting the nets away Oikawa remembered something. "Hey Glasses!" Number 11 turned to him and glared. But Oikawa just kept smiling and said "Tell Chibi-Chan that I hope his wrist is feeling better!" Glasses looked at him strangely. "First of all" Glasses started. "The names Tsukishima. Second of all, Hinata hasn't hurt his wrist. Literally ever." 

Oikawa was confused and kept talking. "Wait what? I saw him last Thursday at the elementary school and he said he had a hurt wrist." Tsukishima appeared to be thinking. Another voice cut in. This time it was freckles. "Thursday was the day Hinata hurt himself in practice yeah. But he hit his back and his head. His wrists were perfectly fine. We thought he was concussed, but apparently he wasn't. Come to think of it, he missed school Friday, and was acting super weird yesterday-" "Shut up Yamaguchi" Glasses cut in. "Sorry Tsukki..." Freckles apologized. Oikawa was incredibly curious now and he waved over Karasuno's captain. He actually knew the guys name too. "Hey Daichi, can you tell Chibi-Chan to text me when he can?" For a second the captain looked almost sad, but quickly replied "yeah". Okay at this point Oikawa was 90% sure something was going on here. What the hell was up with Chibi-Chan? 

A/N

So you guys may actually be getting a chapter tomorrow as well. I actually wrote it already and typed it and its fluffy and I love it. It was originally part of this chapter but it was getting to long so I split it. I realized today that we bury corpses 6 feet underground. So we are basically social distancing from the dead people. I am totally mentally okay. Shoutout to @TastyFrenchFries for commenting, because I really liked reading them. Good lord Im tired. Most of y'all are older than me but like how did you survive high school? Teach me your secrets. Have a great day and I'll see all of you tomorrow for the new chapter!