𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒘𝒐

"Girl, I really feel like this is an old man." Nay sat down in the seat next to Constance.

It was Saturday and they were at the mall with each other. They had been waiting a few minutes for whoever was going to show up. Constance was nervous and her stomach was hurting. She didn't know what to expect or who to expect. She just wanted to know what was so important they had to talk about.

"I'm starting to think so as well." Constance mentioned, her leg shaking. She started biting her nails, not knowing that she was doing it.

"Constance..." someone called out and she quickly turned around seeing a pretty, brown skin girl. Constance watched as she walked to the table and sat across from them.

"I'm Aanya, the one that texted you." Aanya told her, giving her a small smile.

"Hi, you're-you're really pretty." Constance stumbled over her words a little, staring at Aanya. She noticed they had familiar features, but she didn't think too much about it.

"Thank you and your really beautiful as well. But, I wanted to talk to you about something important." Aanya said, reaching in her bag. She took out her phone and slide it in front of Constance.

"Umm, have you seen these two before?" She asked her. Constance grabbed her phone looking at the picture of two older folks. She look up at Aanya then back at the phone.

"You gave that lady her money when we was here last time." Nay mentioned, pointing at the lady on the phone.

"Yeah, and I seen the guy on the bus one day. We talked before a little. Not to be rude, but what does this have to do with me?" Constance asked confusedly, handing Aanya her phone back.

"Right, well these are my parents. Kathy and Lamar Ferguson." Aanya paused then clearing her throat. "And I think they're your parents as well." she continued.

Constance and Nay look at each other then back at Aanya.

"Excuse me?" Constance questioned, surprised. "My parents last name isn't Ferguson."

"Hold on." Aanya reached back in her bag, pulling out a folded paper. She unfolded it then slide it in front of Constance. She picked it up seeing it was her birth certificate.

"Constance Honor-Marie Ross. My birthday December 16, 1996." She read out loud looking at the paper.

She look down at the signature and continued, "Mother maiden name...Kathy Ross and father maiden name Lamar Ross." Constance kept looking at the certificate, her leg shaking faster then before.

"They changed their last names and I don't know why. They were always arguing and I heard your name come up to often. I was curious as to who you were, so I look through a few boxes and found your birth certificate. I'm sorry if I upset you." Aanya explained, noticing Constance eyes were starting to water.

"I didn't mean to bring back memories." She apologized feeling bad suddenly.

"Umm, no it's okay." Constance said, quickly wiping her tears. "I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to go. Uhh, thank you Aanya."

"Nay, I'll be in the car." she said before walking off. Aanya frown feeling bad that she made her cry.

"I didn't mean to upset her." She apologized, looking at Nay.

"It's okay, hon. It's okay."

*

When a girl cries, it's not usually over one thing. It's built up anger and emotions that she's been holding in for too long.

Constance sat in the bathroom, her knees brought to her chest as she cried her eyes out. She had locked herself in the bathroom since she gotten back from the mall two hours ago. She just kept crying and crying nonstop as she thought about the news she had gotten.

She had seen them in public. Held a conversation with them and she didn't even noticed they were her parents. She had spent eight long and stressful years trying to find them, only for it to come back that they changed their last name. And for what? She assumed they did it so she couldn't find them.

While they were living their best life all those years, she sat and waited for them at an adoption center. She had to grow up so fast instead of being a kid. Only for them to leave her all alone and enjoy their life without her. It was like they never wanted her to begin with and once they seen the opportunity to leave, they did just that.

It wasn't fair to her at all.

Demetrius knocked on the door, softly. "Babygirl..." he called out hearing her cries. "Babygirl, can you come out please? I know your upset and I wanna help, but I can't if you're locked in the bathroom."

"I don't wanna talk." He heard her say in between sniffles.

"Okay, we don't have to talk but I wanna hold you baby, so can you come out?" He asked again waiting for an answer. When he didn't get one, he let out a sigh.

He knew she was upset, he just wanted to help out. The door unlocked then opened, Constance throwing herself in his arms. She buried her face in his chest, crying more and he wrapped his arms around her.

"It's not fair." She cried hard, holding him tightly. "It's not fair."

"I know baby." He told her, kissing her forehead. "It's not fair, but it's going to be okay babygirl I promise. I'm here for you."

He rub her back, kissing her again. She gripped the back of his shirt as she wet the front of his shirt with her tears. She didn't want to let go, she didn't want him to leave her.

She didn't want to be alone again.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

A/N:

Good morning readers, I hope all is well....

1. What's y'all thoughts about the meeting with Constance and Aanya?

2. Opinions? Thoughts? Questions?