𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒆𝒏

"Have you talked to your parents yet?" Octavia asked over the phone.

"Nah, not yet. I'm planning on to though." Demetrius lied, walking around as he talked to his mom. He wasn't even worried about talking to his parents about what happened.

He was still mad about everything that happened a few days ago at dinner. He hated the way things were handled between his dad and Summer. He just wanted things to go smoothly, sadly it didn't.

"Demetrius you make sure you apologize to them. The ways things went down was unnecessary." Octavia told him and he nodded his head.

"I know, but I feel as though I shouldn't be the only one apologizing." He mentioned, referring to his dad and the way he handled things.

"I know and I'm telling Darnell he needs to apologize as well. But, on to more important things, have you talked to that girl?"

"Nope, and I'm not going to. She's not my issue."

"She's not, but that baby is...if it's yours. I want you to help her out cause going through a pregnancy by yourself is hard." She told him and Demetrius suck his teeth.

"How is that my problem?" He asked in all seriousness. She wasn't his girl and he doubt she was his baby mom. So, he thought why should he have to help her out especially after all the bullshit he went through with her.

"Demetrius Levi Brooks, don't get punch okay." Octavia said his full name, Demetrius rolling his eyes. "Like I said, she's going to need help. If that baby is yours, you need to be there helping her out. She won't be a bitter baby mom if you do what you need to do."

"She's bitter regardless." He thought not taking the chance to actually say it out loud.

"And whatever girl your messing with now cause I'm sure your messing with somebody, make sure she know her place. If she can't handle you taking care of your responsibilities then just leave her alone. You understand?"

Demetrius cut his eye over at Constance who was leaning on his car. They weren't messing around with each other, so she didn't necessarily have to be put in her place. Not to mention, he doubt she would even care.

"Levi, do you understand?" Octavia shouted in his ear since he didn't answer.

"Yes ma, I understand. No need to yell." He told her.

"Mhm, I gotta get back to work. Don't forget to talk to your parents boy. I love you."

"I love you too." He said back then hanging up the phone. He shook his head as he walked back over to Constance.

"Gimme my shit!" A guy shouted as him and others play dice on the sidewalk. Demetrius leaned on his car as Constance watched the men.

"Dice is a very intense game down here." She mentioned and he nodded his head, agreeing.

"Yeah, niggas take that shit serious as hell."

"Can you teach me how to play?" She asked standing in front of him.

"Hell no." He answered and she frown, crossing her arms.

"And why not? You don't think I can do it?"

"I'm sure you can, but I feel as though since your a female niggas go cheat you out your money. Which will result in me having to beat them the fuck up about it." He clarified for her, looking over at the dudes.

"Ion need you to fight my battles, but I understand. Plus, dudes be a little extra with it." She shrugged her shoulders not caring anymore.

Demetrius lick his lips then gently grabbed her arm, pulling her close to him.