Chapter 30 (pt 2): ...and Villains

Blyke sprinted around the corner as a blade barely scratched at his ear.

'HOLY SH*T! IS THIS GUY SERIOUSLY TRYING TO KILL ME?!'

He yelled and quickly swung his arm around to blast away another flying dagger heading for his face. He sprinted down the pavement, trying to put however much distance he could between this now masked maniac and himself. 

'Sh*t! SH*T, SH*T, SH*T! Where do I go?!' 

Truly, he didn't realize he was running back to Wellston until he noticed the familiar signs along the main shopping center come into view. 

He had been running for 3 miles now and Kuyo was STILL on his tail!

Blyke was exhausted but he still had to keep running, not willing to stop at all.

He didn't dare think about what would happen if he did.

The device sitting in his hands finally vibrated and he immediately picked up.

The groan of a disgruntled blonde sounded across the line and Blyke almost cried in relief as he heard Arlo's voice sound through the speaker. 

{"Ugh... Blyke what do you want? It's 2 in the-"}

"ARLO HELP ME! THERE'S A MASKED MANIAC ON MY TAIL AND HE'S TRYING TO KILL ME!" He didn't have time for small chat! This was life or death right now!

Blyke cried out and was sent flying as Kuyo jumped down from the building, leaving a crater where he landed as he gunned for Blyke who rolled to the side blasted himself back using his beams. 

The redhead kept sprinting as he shot another laser as Kuyo, barely grazing the mans cheek. He huffed as he called out into his phone. "GRAB REMI AND ISEN AND MEET ME AT THE SCHOOL GATES! NOW!"

Blyke didn't have time to hear Arlo's reply as his phone flew from his hand, shattering against the wall as one of Kuyo's throwing knives pinned the device to a building. Blyke didn't dare to look behind him as he kept running, his boots scraping against the tarmac as he sprinted down an alleyway that cut through towards Wellston's neighborhood.

Terror kept his stride quick and his heart thundering furiously in his chest.

He could practically sense Kuyo dashing after him on the rooftops, a throwing star almost cutting his ear off as it lodged into the wall beside him.

He quickly took a sharp turn down the road and slid along the pavement as he saw the glow of the buildings windows in sight.

Blyke readied his beams as he launched himself forward using the energy exploding from his palms.