Chapter 6: Alarm

A/N: Hehehe. Here's an early release for you guys. Next chapter will be out tomorrow so keep an eye out.

-KittCat.

Afternoon clubs usually lasted longer than morning clubs as you had more time to finish your things without the prospect of classes afterwards. It was a perfect compromise for those who hated rushing in the mornings, but still wanted to have a club on their record.  

It was also the time for teachers, whether they liked it or not, to catch up on their work and anything that needed their immediate attention.

As for students, it was always first come, first serve. It didn't matter if you were a high tier or a low tier; if you arrived and found yourself at the end of the line, tough luck. Obviously you could fight for a place in line, but it was often too much trouble to go through.

Blyke knew he was no exception as he quickly raced to grab his bag from where it lay. Once he had the straps over his shoulders he slipped through the oncoming horde of students and rushed out the door towards Keene's office. 

One thing about the school's grounds keeper: he was always busy.

He was like a ghost half the time. One second he was there, the next he was somewhere else. Trying to get his attention was always a hassle. 

Keene usually had a bunch of students and business to attend to after hours so getting there first was at the top of Blyke's priority list.

He raced through the sky blue halls like a crimson blur. He bumped into a few people, but he didn't really care. All that mattered was convincing Keene to give him his room back and with it, his sanity.

.

.

.

Blyke huffed as he stopped in front of Keene's office. Surprisingly, there was no one there yet.

He reached over and flung open the door with newfound energy, the handle almost putting a hole in the wall. "Mr. Keene, I-!" Blyke stopped mid sentence. Keene wasn't in his office.

'Odd...normally Keene is almost always in here. Huh...maybe the headmaster had to call him down or something.' Blyke contemplated waiting a few minutes to see if he would return soon. He did just that and plopped down into the extra chair by the desk. Blyke pulled out his phone and started playing a round of Solitaire.

Round after round went by until he couldn't keep playing anymore. 

The redhead eventually wandered about the room, playing with the metronome that sat on the desk, flipping upside down in his chair until he got light headed, and even tossing his stress ball against the wall in a rhythmic fashion. 

He eventually looked up at the digital clock sitting on Keene's desk. Originally class got out at 3:00 pm and he had spent about half an hour at the safe house. It was now 3:55 and there was still no sign of Keene. 

The teen was about to call it quits for today when he heard the door to the office open. He turned, expecting to see the groundskeeper, only to be met with a familiar blonde.

"Blyke? What are you doing here so late?" Blyke immediately straightened up upon seeing Wellston's former king standing in the doorway.

"Ah, Arlo. I'm uh, just waiting for Keene to get back. I have to talk with him about something." 

Arlo only raised an eyebrow. "Well, can it wait until tomorrow? You've been here for ages now." Blyke shook his head. "Unfortunately no. If I don't do this now, I might never sleep again."