Chapter 15: Panic

A/N: I-...

I have no words guys...

Thank you all so, so much for 1K! This is a goal I never thought I'd get to when writing this. To celebrate, here's chapter 15 a bit early and the new one-shot and chapter 16 will be out tomorrow. 

Love ya guys! ^-^

-KittCat.

Coming back to Wellston Private High School was a surreal experience for the students. 

Freshman and sophomores alike looked at the school with wide eyes, impressed at how quickly their fire-torn school had been repaired.

Juniors and Seniors looked at the school in either annoyance or relief. Some just wanted to avoid classes until winter break or just not come back at all. Others were glad to be returning to the proud high school.

Walking on to the school grounds, Seraphina felt like something was missing.

She knew exactly what it was, and she felt nothing but lost over it.

What was she going to do?

Despite the fact that they weren't on talking terms, she still cared about the ravenette and to hear that he had disappeared without a trace was frightening for her to say the least. 

She expected herself to be more angered with him when this all began, but the more she unraveled about John's murky past, the more she began to understand John and his actions.

He wasn't right for what he was doing by any standards, but the more she saw, the more she felt herself relating to John.

The resentment towards the system around them, the deep hatred for being targeted because you couldn't or wouldn't fight back, wanting to hurt the same people who had done nothing but degrade and humiliate you over and over again.

Now that she had lived on both sides of the street, she now understood why the teen walked such a fine line.

He didn't belong as a cripple because his powers forbid him from being seen as anything but a deity. But he didn't belong as a high tier because he was neither raised with that mindset nor had his abilities until much later in life. 

Being a late bloomer reduced him down to a simple outcast, one who resented those who wouldn't fight back and hated those who had once stood over him.

Seraphina knew they had to talk again but now with him gone...would she ever get that chance? Would she ever get that chance to set things right? To show John that he could still trust others? 

She didn't know...

And the thought left her chilled to the bone.

She was snapped back into reality when she heard someone call her name. Turning her head, she saw a certain pinkette barrel through the hall towards her, her bag waving back and forth and almost hitting a student over the head. "Seraphina! I need you to come with me!"

The girl was about to respond when the queen just grabbed her arm and yanked her along. 'Looks like I don't really have a choice then...'

Remi maneuvered them throughout the crowded hallways before running up the stairs towards the roof. The girl threw open the door to the rooftop, fluffy grey skies meeting them. That and the brisk air weren't the only ones to meet the two though.

Standing by the fence, a familiar set of ex-royals stood there; namely all the high tiers and Isen. Arlo looked up as he saw the two walk in.

"Good job finding her Remi." The queen nodded as Seraphina looked at the group before her.