Chapter 18: Leech

*WARNING*: This chapter contains mental/physical torture and violence. Viewer discretion is advised! 

Everything echoed as John was flung back into consciousness. He woke up with a start, his pulse going crazy.

'What's going on?! Where am I?!'

He gasped as he sat up, realizing he was back in his cell. 

John felt a small twinge of pain in his ribs but surprisingly, the aching in his face was gone for the most part. The area around his eye and nose was sore but at least he could actually see now. 

His skin tingled in an itchy manner; a lingering effect of having been healed at some point.

He attempted to get up, gasping when his leg gave out. "Agh...!" He narrowed his eyes in anger as he sat back down. 'Sadistic pieces of sh*t...you'll heal my f*cking ribs but you won't heal a broken leg?'

Though, he wasn't too surprised. He was less of a threat without both legs in optimal shape and the more they didn't have to deal with fighting him, the better. 

The teen scratched his head slightly as he looked around the empty room. "How long was I out...?" The question only bounced about the room, remaining unanswered.

His mind drew a blank over what occurred a few hours ago. Flashes of what had happened danced across the teens vision, causing his pulse to rise. John bit his lip and held his head, urging for the thoughts to disappear. 'Please no...not now...I have to focus on getting out of here...'

But that thought was only getting fainter by the day. 

How long had he been stuck in this cell now? A few days? Maybe a week? 

If he was going to find a way to escape, he would've done it by now...

John numbly pulled himself over to the wall and sat against it, trying to tame his frazzled mind. He was terrified of what else the man had up his sleeve. 

This wasn't a simple readjustment class like last time. This was interrogation, torture even. He couldn't let Keon break him down.

John didn't want to stay here and as much as he was losing the will to keep fighting them, he needed to get out before that could happen.  

*CLANG* 

Two guards walked in and all John could do was scoot away as one reached over and grabbed him.

John narrowed his eyes as he thrashed against them. "Let go of me!"

The two guards only looked to the teen before looking back at one another. Their faces were blank before they broke out into laughter. 

"'Let go of me!' he says! HA! So pathetic! And you're supposed to be a god tier?" The other man chuckled. "Honestly I think he's just a weak *ss cripple. Does he even have an ability-?"

The guard doubled over in pain, stopping his taunts as John kneed him in the crotch, causing the guard to howl in pain. The teen head butted the other man still holding him up and managed to put a slight amount of distance between them. 

That was, until John felt something zap his ankle, his body going numb with pain as his body twitched before hitting the floor. John gasped, struggling to move as his brain tried to process what just happened.

The guard whom he headbutted stood up, glaring down at him with teal eyes. "F*cking brat. Thought you could pull a fast one on us?!" John coughed when he felt a kick to his stomach, flipping over onto his back. The other guard who was nailed in his lower parts, slowly rose to his feet and stared at him as he placed his taser back in his pocket.