Chapter 14: Truth

A/N: I've decided I will add chapter warnings if a chapter has a lot of themes that may be upsetting to some viewers throughout the whole chapter. Other than that, enjoy!

-KittCat.

*WARNING*: This chapter contains violence, and mental interrogation. Viewer discretion is advised. 

Waking up to darkness had become terrifying for the ravenette over the past three days. He often couldn't remember where he was when waking up. He would have difficulties trying to process everything after his night terrors, which for some reason had increased. 

Despite his lingering concussion which had lessened the past few days, he would quickly remember the situation he was so desperately trying to escape from.

He had already tried escaping twice, both attempts unsuccessful. 

The first time they brought food to him, he managed to wack the guard over the head with the tray, stunning the man and allowing John to get 2 feet out the door...that was, until another guard grabbed him by the hair and held him in a neck lock, tossing the fuming teen back in.

The second time, he punched the guard but instead of the man toppling over, he only straightened back up and knocked the teen unconscious, John waking up 2 hours later with a bloody nose.

The third time they came around, the guards were having none of his sh*t, having grown tired of the ravenette's antics. They had resorted to finding the teen and pinning him down until the other guard set down the teens food for the night.

If they were tired of his antics, John felt the same about his current situation. He was absolutely done with being held in this tiny prison.  

He had gotten so bored that he had now memorized the small cinder block cell enough to navigate it when the lights were shut off. He found there to be a bed, a toilet and a cracked sink which often leaked.

He wanted nothing to do with the bed, resorting to just sleeping on the floor and using his blazer for warmth. He'd rather sleep there than on some half corroded mattress.

John had gotten into the habit of tracing mundane patterns on the wall, trying to make out what he was drawing in his head. It had become a small game for him to pass the time.

He was currently doing just that when he heard the lock along his cell click open. John had memorized when the guards visited; usually once in the morning and once in the evening. 

This time however, they were early. The lights hadn't even been turned on yet.

John held his breath as he heard the door creak open and footsteps echo in the quiet room. He tried backing away, his pulse beating wildly in his ears. 

John gasped as a hand constricted around his arm. "GET AWAY FROM ME!" Reeling his free arm back, he slammed his fist into the intruders face, a small crack following suit. The person cried out but kept his hold on the teen. "AGH! F*cking son of a b*tch!" John cried out as he was slammed onto the concrete.

The figure pinned him to the floor as something was forced over John's wrists. The familiar chill that ran up his arms only suggested it was cuffs.  

John stumbled as he was yanked down the hallway by his arms. His legs refused to keep up, his limbs constantly giving out from under him. The teen yelped when he was dragged into an almost empty room. His captors lugged him in and anchored him down to a chair, a lone, fluorescent light fixture hanging above him.