Chapter 1: Rise n' shine

*BEEP*

*BEEP*

*BEEP*

The infernal screech of an alarm clock echoed throughout the dull grey room, its annoying melody alerting its slumbering owner of what time rested on its digital face.

However, the person in question could care less about what time it was. To her, the clock was doing nothing but scolding her. 'It's 6:30! Time for school! Get up already!' It screamed.

She took her fist and slammed it down on the snooze button, causing the unsuspecting device to tumble off its nightstand. 

Poor clock didn't even see it coming.

She groaned as she sat up, sleep still in her eyes. It was barely even morning, the sun just starting its usual crawl over the horizon. The bright ball of fire had slowly started to allow its rays to peer in from the parted curtains but to the girl who stared at them, they didn't bring her warmth. Instead, they served as a general reminder of just what day it is.

The girl hated Mondays with a burning passion.

If Monday were a person, she'd personally throw them out a window. Or hit them with a chair. 

One of those options.

It was the end of the weekend and now she had to walk back into hel- school.

Homework, quizzes, bullies, and an overall gloomy atmosphere awaited her. Not to mention it was starting to get cold outside, making the early morning trudge across campus even more unbearable.

There were days where she wished she didn't have to go, or at least just sleep in and show up late. But unfortunately, her roommate wouldn't allow it.

She looked up as she heard the familiar knock on her bedroom door, her roommate lightly tapping her knuckles against the painted wood.

"Seraphina? Are you up yet? I made some orange juice for breakfast if you want some." The girl sighed at the presence of the muffled voice as she rose from her bed, her magenta hair sticking out in all directions. "I'm up Elaine! I'll be out there in a few minutes."

Once the footsteps subsided, Seraphina started her usual routine as she grabbed her uniform and her extensions. It took her awhile to get moving, but once she was ready and freshened up, she walked out to the kitchen. 

The magenta haired girl plopped down into a bar stool by the counter as her blue haired friend looked over, holding a glass of orange juice and a croissant. 

The bluette held them up slightly as if to ask a silent question.

Seraphina nodded. "Yeah, I'll have some." Elaine slid over the glass and the plate as she got her own breakfast out from the toaster.

Sera immediately dug into the flaking pastry, enjoying its buttery taste. The orange juice was just as good too. Its sweet and citrusy flavor was like a smack in the face by liquid sunlight. It woke her up more than any alarm clock ever could. 

Sera had to hand it to her: Elaine could really work some magic in the kitchen.

"Thanks Elaine. It's pretty good." The bluette nodded, happy that someone enjoyed what she made. "No problem Seraphina! I have to finish getting ready, but if you want to wait, we can walk to class together." Sera pondered it for a moment. It's not like she had anything better to do. "Sure, why not?" Elaine smiled before rushing off to finish getting ready for the day as Sera continued to eat.