Authors note/Intro

Note: UnOrdinary is a webtoon made by Uru-chan. I do not own anything.

A/N: I recently just found out about this from @Unicorn5846 , so thank you to her for letting all of us know.

There has been a recent rise in websites stealing others stories and re-posting without credit. (Namely teenfic.net which can install malware and viruses.) If you see someone else's work posted on another website without their knowledge, please let them know. Because of this, I'll be introducing myself as people most likely can't edit it out. If you do it too, make sure to state your account name and the date you started your work on Wattpad. Even if you yourself are not a writer, let others know so their work isn't taken by other people.

**Intro**

*Posted 10/22/20 

Well hello there everyone!

I'm KittCat20 and this is my first official fanfic here on Wattpad. Thank you for deciding to read this book and give it a try! (I hope I don't disappoint.) This is one of my first official fanfics and I'm very proud of how far I've come. 

Before going on with the story, I just wanted to say how much I love and appreciate this community and all the talented people who have risen within it, including all you fellow writers. Over the past few years that UnOrdinary has been premiering, I've met so many wonderful people. I know there's some disagreement in the community with how the story has been going, but if anyone wants to get into discussions, feel free to do so. Just keep conversations respectful please. 

Since I've seen this question asked before, I'll leave my answer here: I'm not going to be doing ships1. NONE of these characters are ready for a romantic relationship yet. They're all in high school and going through some pretty crazy and stressful stuff.  2. I feel like if I added romance into the story, it would take away from other things that I want to get across in my writing. (Sorry to those of you who ship, but I'm not that good at writing romance.)

Other than that, to my younger readers/ everyone in general, there are a few things I want to go over: 

*First; this story is rated T 15+ as it involves mental health disorders, trauma, recovery, language, violence, blood, and death. It will be rated mature, however, it does not talk about anything of sexual nature, does not go into extremely goreish details and swear will be censored. Ex: "You son of a b*tch." 

(Generally, what happens in UnOrdinary but some scenes will be written in more detail as I am writing this. If you read UnOrdinary without any issues, you can read this.) I can't guarantee warnings for everything so if you are bothered by any of this, please DON'T READ. If you aren't, then go ahead.

*Second; As I had written this Authors Note during national suicide prevention month and in the general theme of mental health in this story, I will leave this here for anyone who needs/ wants it.

If you or someone you know might be depressed/ suicidal, needs the help of a mental health professional, or is in a dangerous situation with a parental figure/ guardian, here are a few numbers to call.

-National Suicide Prevention Lifeline toll-free: 800-273-8255

-Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA): 240-485-1001

-National Child abuse hotline: 800-422-4453

-National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-7233

You can also check out https://psychcentral.com/lib/common-hotline-phone-numbers/, and https://www.nami.org/Support-Education/NAMI-HelpLine/Top-HelpLine-Resources for more numbers/ help.

*Last but not least; please note that while this book dives into trauma and the beginning stages of recovery, it is NOT meant to be a guide on how to navigate your own mental health. Everyone has different experiences/ trials they've faced, so this book does not speak for everyone on how to go about recovery. 

With that being said, let's get on with the story! Once again, thank you guys for reading and make sure to vote and leave a comment as I enjoy hearing your feedback!

-KittCat.