five

~ SONG: DADDY ISSUES BY: THE NEIGHBOURHOOD ~

I spend most of my day putting away checked-out books, and helping other people find their books they're looking for

Before my boss pulls me to her.

"Is everything alright?" I ask her to look up at her blond curly hair, her light blue eyes with slight wrinkles around her face. She wasn't like a normal rude boss some people usually have; she was actually really kindhearted unless it was serious business.

"Josie, don't worry you're not in trouble nothing like that silly" she laughs as she looks down and staples two papers together before handing it to me "I have a proposition for you," she tells me as she folds the hands-on top of her desk.

"I'm going to need you to help me with something big for our company, it has been ordered to be bought into the industrials of a larger company for English journalism, I have a couple of meeting's scheduled with that publishing company and I would like, you to accompany me for those days."

"ill be losing my job?" I panic.

"I certainly didn't say that no one will, I'm still your boss it's just now I have another boss too" she poorly explains as I nod looking down at the papers, she sent me

"we will go tomorrow, dress nicely please I will be with you, but you will be just taking notes or listening if you're alright with that. you don't need to be at work tomorrow because you need to be there at the time listed, everything you need is there, person, address, time, everything." She tells me.

"thank you." I smile as I walk out of her office letting out a loud breath before placing the papers on my desk and finishing up my day.

Lisa still hadn't been to work all day, but she could have called out and taken care of peter or had a worse hangover than me.

I probably would see myself going to that club again, not for the strippers or anything but maybe for the drinks or dancing.

I finish up and turn off my computer, taking my jacket off of my chair and putting it around me, before picking up my bag and signing out of the library.

I walk down the cold streets, feeling the little flakes of snowfall as I walk to my car and turn it on before driving back to my apartment.

I get to my apartment and lock the doors, closing the curtains and hanging up my bag and coat before flopping onto my couch.

I take the stapled papers in my hand reading the address and place I have to be, Valentino publishing? How come I've never heard of it? Well apparently, I don't know anything lately.

I throw the papers on the table after reading I have to be there at eight in the morning and grab a glass of water while I walk to my room to change into comfortable clothes and light a candle before getting a book to read.

...

Thank God I didn't stay up too late reading last night or I would have never gotten up.

I took a shower, and got ready in light mascara and blush and highlighter, and all of that stuff before putting on a white shirt and a matching coat and skirt with my light shoes before grabbing my bag and the paper's with the address on it and getting into my car and driving to the place, the car ride wasn't too far but it was a nice half an hour before I arrived at a very tall, grey glass building.

I take a deep breath before getting out of my car fixing my skirt and confidently walking up the building.

I notice the shiny floors and the glass and beautiful decorations around the building, it was a really big building assuming it's a nice business that has multiple floors.

I turn to the side after I get in and see my boss then walking up to me walking me over to the front desk.

"thank you for coming, I like your outfit," she tells me as we get closer to the front desk.

"thank you i-"I start but then I'm cut off

"good morning, name's please?" the women at the front desk questions us

"Karla Rosaline and Josephine Katavana"

"oh, you have a meeting with Mr. Valentino in two minutes at 8:00"

"yes, we do, can we please be led there," she asks.

"of course," she says before typing something then I see other women with short blond hair come up and walk over to us.

"she will lead you to the office, good luck" she wishes us.

We get into the elevator followed by the award wait to the top floor.

After we get to the top floor I assume, the door opens, and she leads us down a wide hallway with glass walls and flowers in the corners before coming to a stop with a bigger door.

"Mr. Valentino will see you." She tells us as I silently thank her before she walks away leaving me and my boss with a door.

"you don't have to do much talking, it's just me" Karla informs me as I nod giving her a soft smile.

She opens the door only to be met with the one I thought id never see again, the man at the club and my job.

"good morning si-" Karla starts.

"your late" he informs us

I take a quick glance at the clock seeing it "8:01" and we're only a minute late.

When I take my seat next to Karla at the big, long table in the middle of the room, when I see him sitting across in the bigger chair at the end, I take out my pen and fiddle with it in my hands before looking up and around to see them both looking at me.

Great.

"whatever let's get started okay?" he asks as Karla nods.

just a little pro tip, for this book i don't know anything about publishing and buying buildings so if this is wrong, I'm trying to look up things for it