thirty - one

~ SONG: MEDICINE BY DAUGHTER ~

I turn to look around for lucifer, seeing his broad shoulders and back to my face as I see him very focused on the pictures that are being shown here at kaiara's funeral

It had been a couple of days, Lucifer starts to talk about it and told me how much he didn't want to go, but I offered to go with him to say goodbye for a final time and he agreed later after a lot of thinking.

I look down at the black dress I was wearing and pat it down before slowly walking over to Lucifer, I walk to his side and put my hand around his waist leaning against him in confront. I look up to him and see him still looking at the pictures.

I look over to the ones he's looking at, some with a little girl smiling holding up her hands that have frosting all over them, I look at another seeing a young little boy, sitting on a sled as the little girl sits behind him and their smiles are even bigger, seeing another of a family of four, two parents and two little kids, all a happy family just breaks my heart.

I feel lucifer's hand move to go around my waist pulling me closer to him, he looks down to meet my eyes as I see his brimming with tears, and for a reason, I know of. Mine were too.

I look away from him, quickly whipping my eyes, and looking around before back to him seeing him looking at me, very concerned.

"come on." He nudges his head in a direction, his voice was softer than ever.

As he leads me to some seats in the back, we sit down together as his hand is around the back of my neck now.

"your parents..." I drift off.

"they passed away too." He whispers.

"I'm so sorry lucifer," I tell him. "the worst place you can be in is in your own head, and you need to know that they are in gods' hands now, watching over you and so proud of you."

I see him look down at me, after staring into his beautiful green eyes getting lost in them, he speaks again. "thank you, Josephine."

I nod and make a small smile. "I have to use the bathroom. You going to be alright for a minute?" I ask him.

I walk around for a minute trying to find the bathroom, I see that it's a both gender one bathroom, I knock but there's no response, I twist the door and it opens but only for heavy breathing and sobs fill my ears.

I look over and see someone leaning against the wall, choking on their own sobs as I close the door and go to walk over to them.

"Elijah?" I softly ask as he looks up to me, his tear-stained cheeks, his eyes puffy and red, he looks absolutely broken.

"oh my god," I mumble before sitting down next to him, I lean into hug him but he automaticity flings his hands around me, hugging me for his comfort.

His breathing is so heavy, I can tell he can't catch his breath.

He must have loved her. So much.

"it's okay, it's okay. Let it out I'm so sorry" I feel my eyes brimming with tears again, the thought of me comforting the person I thought was heartless, best friend hurts so bad.

His best friend.

Is just as broken as the man's soul I look into whenever I see him at the office.

I feel his breathing slow down as he finally pulls away, putting his head into his hands, I didn't know what to do.

If this were me, no one would be able to help me, it's like your completely and utterly trapped at the bottom, of the ocean screaming for help when no one's there to help you.

All Elijah needed right now was kaiara.

"I think you should go home, get some rest." I tell him "do you need a ride; I don't know if you'd like to drive right now?" I ask him.

"ill be careful driving myself." His voice breaks "thank you Josephine" he tells me, and I hear that for the second time today.

I get up from the floor, putting my hand out for him to take as he takes my hand in his, it wasn't the feeling I get when touching lucifer but I'm sure it made him feel comforted by someone.

"Lucifer is lucky to have you, he needed someone, and then you came." He looks down to me as I give him a soft smile opening the door and when I see lucifer walking up to the door.

He looks angry, looking down at my dress and looking at my hands before looking at his best friend, his gaze softens.

He doesn't speak, doesn't know what to say.

"ill see you later man, and thank you again," Elijah says as he looks down and walks out of the building.

"Is everything okay?" lucifer asks me as I walk over to him, and when he takes my hand in his I let out a small laugh.

"he just needed someone to know that they are there for him" I assure him, "just like ill be there for you, for however long you need me to be," I tell lucifer.