six

~ SONG: BRUISES BY LEWIS CAPALDI ~

"so, I've seen the messages that you put in the application to buy our library

"so, I've seen the messages that you put in the application to buy our library." Karla starts as I place the pen in my hand to my lips to stop my fiddling.

I watch as Mr. Valentino's. gaze shift from me to my boss, Karla as he picks up one of his papers.

"yes, I have considered it from how your company is good in business and the number of buildings I own, you can get better business within the money."

"what about the money, we will get better pay? We don't want to make the book rent more expensive than it already i-"

"not money in that way, the business you already have to support it for your rent and funds of the building will increase." He cuts her off.

"Josie can you go get us coffee's please" Karla turns to me.

I'm not a ma-

"now please?" she asks as I nod to her and get up, leaving the room as I don't know where to go?

How am I supposed to go get coffee where I don't know where it is?

I walk down the long hall and go down the elevator where we came from and find a small counter with a basket of snacks and an espresso machine.

She really made me go get them their coffee while they were talking.

I mean I'm not complaining as much but I better get extra paid for this.

I grab two coffee's, but I didn't know if Mr. Valentino wanted a coffee or how he wanted it, so I just put a little bit of cream and sugar into it before walking back down the hall returning a smile to someone that waved at me before getting back into the elevator and taking it to the top floor again before opening the office door having to grip the cups I'm holding tighter so I don't drop them when I see the smirk on Mr. Valentino's face when Karla's is flushed red fiddling with her hands.

What the-

I'm just not going to guess about what happened when I was gone.

Maybe they know each other?

No it wasn't that, their clothes looked the same as before and the seating positions.

Nevermind josephine, it's none of your business.

I walk in as they continue to have the conversation and place the coffee's down one for Karla and one for Mr. Valentino.

I take my seat again after giving a soft smile.

I hear the mumbles of their business conversations go back and forth before hearing someone spit.

No, please no.

"did you make this?" I turn to see Mr. Valentino looking at me as I franticly look at the cup then back up to him.

"yes..." I choke.

"It tastes like shit" he wipes his mouth as I panic.

Shit please no, why Josephine you could have just made it regular.

"Then get it yourself next time!" I say back as I feel my hands tremble under the table when I try to get up.

"I guess i'll have to." He groans as he almost throws the cup back onto the table.

"Anyways" Karla rolls her eyes "I've picked Josephine to be my lead for these months to help you with what you need for the library, so you will be seeing a lot more of each other."

I look over to Mr. Valentino only to be greeted by a deep scowl on his face

....

"I shouldn't be crying should I?" I force a smile at Lisa as I tell her about my day at the publishing office.

"Josephine doesn't let him get to you; he could have had things going on at that time before he apologized to you." She tells me.

I nod not telling her that he never apologized but he didn't need to I guess; it wasn't a big deal that the coffee wasn't good, but It shouldn't have brought me down as much.

"Yeah, I guess it's fine" I laugh as I wipe my eyes.

"do you want to go get your mind off of it? Maybe go to the club again?" she asks me.

"He owns the club," I tell her.

"the hot one with the big muscles and tattoos?" she gasps as I nod and roll over in my bed, so my face is in the pillow.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that I didn't know, I just wanted to get your mind off of it." She sighs behind me.

"I know, I think I'm just going to stay home tonight okay?" I tell her as she nods.

"I've got to get home to peter tonight you're going to be alright right?" she asks me as I nod

A couple of minutes later after Lisa leaves to go with peter, I change my clothes and lay down on my bed again after finding another book to read again, only tonight it does cure my boredness.

I try to pick out another book and start that one, it was a good book but for now, I realized I didn't really want to read right now, so I went to go grab a snack and turn on the tv before taking up Lisa's offer of going to the club.

Maybe I could just go to hang out with Lauren and get some drinks or go dancing.

No, it's 10 pm? Maybe I could just go to bed tonight instead.

Or I can sit in bed and watch tv.