fourty

"how much longer, jeez" Lucifer mumbles beside me

"We can go now I guess" I bite my lip as I look down at the seven bags I was holding.

At least I used my money in one store. Lucifer would not let me pay.

"let's go Amore Mio" (my love) he walks up to me and takes my hand in his, slowing intervening our fingers and leading me out of the store.

"Are you ever just going to speak English for a full day" I roll my eyes.

"non rotolare gli occhi a me amore" (do not roll your eyes at me love)

"hmm?" I hold in my laugh.

"nothing." He shakes his head before we get to his car and put my bags in the back, and I get into the passenger's seat.

"do you need anything else?" he starts the car.

"I'm all set, thank you" I smile. "actually, can you drop me off at my apartment?" I ask him as I see his face drop.

"what?" I ask him.

"never mind." He grips the steering wheel before pulling out of the parking spot not even bothering to check behind me.

And then there was the dead silent ride back to my apartment.

I get out of the car when he pulls into a parking space and he doesn't bother to get out, I grab my bags and walk around to the side of the car he's at.

"thank you" I force a smile to him.

"mhm." He looks at the road.

"what's wrong? Tell me." I don't take my eyes off of him.

"it's nothing, I've got to go alright" he looks over to me, looking at my eyes before back to the steering wheel.

"goodbye lucifer," I tell him as I turn around and walk up to my apartment, looking behind me to see if he's gone but seeing him watching me as I walk into the door.

I get up to my apartment and open it, putting my bags on the couch and getting a cup of water.

Why did he get so moody?

Because I wanted to go home?

I didn't want to leave him, but I didn't want to be too clingy.

He didn't want me to go?

I turn on some soft music and put away the clothes and books I bought.

Taking the time to clean up my apartment a bit.

I hear a knock on my door before I go to open it, for some reason expecting lucifer but I see Lisa.

"Hey Josephine!" she smiles.

"hey." I force my smile after yawning.

"you alright?" she asks me as she walks into my apartment.

"Yeah, I am, how are you" I lighten up a bit.

I close my door and walk over to the couch, sitting down with her.

"a bit stressed if I'm being honest" she fiddles with her hands.

"li-"

"I spoke to peter's father." She cuts me off.

"you know peter's father?" I question her as she nods.

"yes actually, well he doesn't know he's the father, but I do" she gives me a weird smile.

"oh"

"well, we started talking again a bit ago, nothing in particular but I feel like she should know. Maybe not?" she panics.

"if you think it's the right decision if you close to him?" I ask her.

"I do but I don't kno-" her sentence is soon cut off when I hear my apartment door open and I see lucifer at the doorway, eyebrow arched with confusion.

"Why are you guys so stressed?" he questions as he leaves the door open, strutting over to me.

Lisa points to him, looking at me in a confused manner.

I watch lucifer put his hand out to her, "lucifer Luca, Josephine's boyfriend you can call me" he gives her some sort of smirk, smile.

I laugh a bit at the name, wondering why sometimes he's lucifer Luca and lucifer Valentino.

Lisa shakes his hand and rolls her eyes a bit to me as Lucifer stands behind me and I feel his hand go up the back of my waist and rub my back as I let out a small laugh.

"what are you guys doing?" he asks.

"wel-" "we were-" Lisa and I say at the same time.

"I have a kid, and I came in contact with the father again, but he doesn't know he's the father." Lisa looks up at him.

"what's his name?" he asks as Lisa brings the phone up to him, and I watch his face fall.

"what? Do you know them?" I ask him.

"i-I I um..." he starts as I look over to Lisa's phone and see the contact "Adrian rivers."

"I've got to go, i-ill call you" he stutters before rushing out my door.

"maybe he had something to do?" I shrug at Lisa.

Or maybe he knew him.

okay well you see...

i can explain--