twenty - nine

~ josephine :) ~

~ josephine :) ~

It has been a couple days since Christmas and since I've seen lucifer, its nine in the morning and I'm at the valentino publishing again to help lucifer with some more paperwork.

"oh are you going to see mr, valentino?" the front desk lady stops me before I walk past her

"yeah I am, is everything alright?" I question her.

"im not sure, he has asked us not to bother him for a couple of days so I don't know if he was working today" she explains

"oh well can I do check?" I ask her as she nods and I walk up to the elevator and ride it to the top floor, walking in the hallway hearing the soft click of my heals against the floor as I come to the door.

I knock, no response.

The door was slightly open as I push it open and see lucifer standing at the window wall, holding a gun in his hand, looking out at the view.

I turn around, not trying to bother him before hearing his voice.

"why are you leaving?" I hear him say as I turn around to see him walking up to me, I look down at his hand before back up to him.

"i- I uh thought you were busy..." I tell him.

"well, I'm not." He says as he follows my eyes.

"don't let this scare you" he puts the gun down on his couch, "you should be more scared of me than a little gun, but here you are." He looks down to me with a small smile.

"I- um... what do you use that for?" I ask him.

"nothing in particular." He points out as he walks behind me and I feel his hands around my waist, dragging me down on the couch with him as I sit on top of his lap.

"I missed you." He tells me.

"you did?" I ask him.

"a lot" he mumbles as he goes in to slowly kiss down my neck, making me let out a small laugh.

"I came to give you coffee a couple days ago." I tell him as he pulls away.

"yeah, sorry I was a little.... Busy" he looks around the room.

"that's what the guy said that opened the door." I tell him as he looks back to me "is everything alright?" I ask him as he looks away from me again.

"yeah, everything is fine." He mumbles as I hear his voice break a bit.

"lucifer, you can tell me anything, but if you don't want to that's okay too." I assure him.

I didn't know what we were to each other, but I hope I meant something to him like he meant to me.

"I told you I was fine." He flatly tells me.

"your leg is constantly shaking under me right now." I point out.

"maybe you should get off of it then" he snaps to me, as I move off of it but he grabs my waist pulling me back on, very fast making me grab onto the back of the couch around him.

"I'm sorry, i-I didn't mean it, it was my first instinct" he tells me as I watch him search my eyes in pain.

"it's okay..." I tell him.

I watch his gaze move back away from me; I turn around to see him looking at the fireplace running when I hear the words.

"kaiara is dead."

"l-lucifer..." I pause before trying to get off of him because its not the right time for this, but he doesn't let me.

"don't leave me please, promise you won't give up on me." He looks directly at my eyes.

I meet his gaze, his stare is so intense. "I promise I won't give up on you."

I lean in to hug him for the second time, feeling his hands cling to my back in comfort to himself.

"I'm so sorry lucifer, I know it must be hard for you, but your so strong and I know you'll get through this." I assure him.

"thank you." I hear him say.

He pulls away from me as I look back at him, he looks completely broken.

~ SONG: CONVERSATIONS IN THE DARK BY JOHN LEGEND ~

"do you want to dance with me?" I ask him.

"I don't dance."

"for me?" I force a small smile upon my lips as he looks over to me.

"fine." He smiles a bit before stopping and I get off of him and take his hand in mine, I see a small speaker he usually lets me play music on and plug my phone in putting on "conversations in the dark" by john legend.

I join him back in the middle of the room, he takes my hand in his as I put one on his back and his is on my waist.

He never looks away from my face, even when I wasn't looking at him.

We start to sway as he pulls me closer to him, listening to the music softly playing in the background, I lay my head on his shoulder as we still continue to sway.

We pull apart after a minute and he spins me around never letting go of my hand before dipping me in his arm, I look up to him to see him smiling.

He pulls me back close to him, our chest right against each other as I can feel his hot breath on my lips.

I can't stop smiling though, and all I was trying to do was take his mind off of things.

I hope for the best for him, even if our relationship ends after he buys the library.

This just doesn't feel real.

"you know..." I break the silence as I put my head back onto his shoulder "like jane Austen once wrote. " to be fond of dancing was a certain step towa-"

"don't.... please" he softly silences me in my ear.

To be fond of dancing was a certain step toward falling into love.

But lucifer didn't like dancing.

We continue to dance together listening to the music playing over and over, hand in hand, close to each other. very deep into thought.