thirty - four

~ SONG: DARK HORSE BY KATY PERRY ~

about three weeks later

I roll over on my bed, wiping my eyes with my hands, cuddling back into my blanket not wanting to get out of bed.

I wanted to help Lucifer, but maybe I took it too far.

And as bad as it sounds, I wanted to wake up beside him in his bed, not in mine alone.

I didn't know what he was doing? I would say laughing with Elijah or going around and killing people but from what I learned the other day, I had no idea.

"Please, Josephine just stop" I mumble to myself as I try to calm down.

I needed to get over him, but I didn't want to, but I needed to.

I hoped that someday, if he made it out alive, he would find love, maybe not myself but with someone that made him happy.

Getting out of my bed, I drag the blanket around myself stumbling into my bathroom looking at my reflection.

I look like shit.

And all of this for some man.

Some very hot, killing, sexy, psychopath man.

I'm overreacting about this.

We weren't  even dating, so technically I could go get a boyfriend right now.

I strip off my clothes and get into my shower, letting the hot water burn my back before getting my soap and rubbing that all over myself, making up for the days I haven't gotten out of bed and my face out of books.

I needed to get out of my house and be myself. And not just because I and Lucifer didn't get a chance but because I needed it.

I got out of the shower and blow-dried my brunette hair, curling into losing curls before pinning it up for a minute and putting on some markup, black mascara and eyeliner, clear lip-gloss, and some blush, taking my hair back down and puffing it up looking at myself in the mirror.

I can look hot when I try.

Opening up my closet, I pull out a red silk dress and put it on, it clinging to my curves and going to about mid-thigh with a cut on my right thigh.

I grab a small clutch and my charged phone, locking up my apartment and laughing and singing my whole way to the club.

Because I know he won't be there.

....

I get to the club, it was really cold outside. and I would probably be spending my night here, even though I would be by myself.

I open up the club door after giving the person at the front my name and showing my id, once again and walking back down to the bar, listening to the "dark house, slowed by Katy perry" play loudly.

"Josephine lord how long has it been since you've been here!" Lauren flashes me a grin once I sit down on the stool.

"I've been" I laugh "how are you doing with yourself?" I ask her.

"pretty great actually, I love my job sometimes" she laughs as she walks over to me and leans her hands across the bar.

"can I have something strong?" I ask her.

"strong? Wow, who do I have to beat up" she chuckles.

"lucifer Luca" I roll my eyes.

"my boss?!" she asks as I nod.

"I hear about his heartbreaks he causes girls all the time, but I need to hear this one. And maybe get some bruised knuckles." 

"Is he here?" I ask her.

"he was a bit ago, I think it because it's new Year's eve," she tells me as I slam my head down on the bar, banging it, very, very hard.

"fuck" I mumble leaning up and rubbing it.

"you alright?" Lauren laughs.

"I'm fine" I nod.

"here," she tells me handing me a glass, and one for her.

"I'm not supposed to drink but, here's to life" we hit them together before chugging the shots down our throats.

"mhmm see ill need a couple hundred more of those," I tell her as she laughs again and gets more before I turn around and look around while she waits on other people.

I see girls, dancing around on poles while men look at them. Throwing their money.

Some people dancing with others on the dance floor, as the DJ jams out to the loud music playing.

I turn to the side a bit and see Elijah leaning against the wall, arms crossed against his chest as he looks out to everyone, he looks a little bit better, but he looks absolutely broken.

Before even thinking anything else, I turn around faster than before when I see lucifer come around to him and pat him on the shoulder.

Lucifer is here.

Josephine, it's his club.

can we pretend that its new years because christmas + three weeks is NOT new years i dont know how to make dates-