fifteen

~ SONG: AFFLUENZA BY CONAN GRAY ~

"you made it!" my mom smiles as I enter the dining room of my childhood home

"Sorry I wasn't here earlier I had plans," I tell her as I take a seat in the chair in between my brothers.

"with whom?" my dad asks as he takes more mashed potatoes.

"I was babysitting peter and working with someone for my job," I tell him.

"fancy" he mumbles as he takes a bite of his food making me laugh.

"so Ivan, how is your girlfriend doing?" my mom asks my brother.

"well, we just moved in together, but amazing as of right now." His love stuck eyes look away.

"well tell her I said hi, and you should have invited her!!" my mother tells him.

"I would have I thought this was a family thing!" he tells her.

"no, if your dating of course she's welcome, id love to see her again!"

"people were dating or getting to know are allowed to come to these?" I ask her.

"of course, I'd love to meet someone knew" she smiles.

She's too happy, and for what it's eight at night.

"oh, did you hear about your mother this morning?" my dad nods to me and my brothers.

"no?" I turn over to him "what happened, mom?" I ask her.

"oh, it was hilarious-"

"Lorenzo!" my mom cuts him off.

"please dad, id love to hear this." I smile.

"so, we were at the store right." my dad starts "your mother was walking over to me at the cart with her bag or grapes, then slips and falls face-first into the grapes" he starts to laugh "but that's not even the best part, some random dude was walking past us and he trips too and it was so funny" he laughs as I look over at my mom's embarrassed face listening to everyone's laughter.

"I don't even know what to say to that" Ivan laughs.

"I hate you Lorenzo" my mom shakes her head.

"I love you too, gorgeous." He smiles and pecks her cheeks.

"so, Josephine tells us how it's going with you." My dad asks.

"well, I'm doing alright, my bills were paid this month, also I started working with someone at the Valentino publishing office, because apparently Karla and him are also working to buy the library into his company," I tell him as he nods, and I take a bite of my food.

"Is he hot?" he asks as I see my mom roll her eyes.

Yes.

"not really," I tell him.

"you sure?" he asks.

No.

"yeah, I'm sure."

"cool, love to meet him sometime."

"it's not really like that; I don't know about that," I tell him as he shrugs.

"and you Jaxon?" my mom asks.

"I'm not constipated anymore?" he shrugs.

This is going to be a long conversation.

....

Brushing out the rest of my dry hair that I just blow-dried I turn off the lights and walk into the living room, turning on the news and grabbing my blanket, turning off the lights, and getting my phone next to me too.

Looking at my phone that I don't use much, I log into Instagram and school through my feed before hearing something weird on the tv.

"today, found in an abandoned hospital where ten different people, stabbed and shot to death." The reporter says into the microphone "police and detectives are looking for how this had happened and evidence of the people who did it." She looks at the camera through the wind and cop car sounds around her "back to you James."

Ten people stabbed and shot to death?

Damn.

I turn off my tv and grab my blanket walking over to my bedroom after checking my locked door and walk into my room.

My head hits the back of my pillow as the cold air from the window rolls over my bare shoulders when I close my eyes, taking in the day that I had today.

I liked my day today.