fifty - eight

SONG: BENTLEY (FEAT. JP GOTIT) BY JAY HAYDEN, JP GOTIT

The weeks went by slow, but I was grateful for that

We had been to all the places I wanted to go to in California, we went to France, to see the Eiffel tower, we went to London and now we are in Italy. Lucifer's home.

I turn to lucifer as I drive down the road, my hair flying in the wind as lucifer lip-syncs and dances to the music playing loudly.

I turn back to the road and keep my hand on the steering wheel, laughing a bit.

I was wearing some light jeans, a white tank top with designs on it and my hair in a high ponytail with a bandana tied into it, and my sunglasses on.

Lucifer was wearing his black jeans and a white shirt.

Never would I have thought I'd get a life that I wanted, the one I prayed for, like a love story from the books.

I look down at the bridge we were driving over, seeing the ocean below us.

Turning to lucifer again, I see him looking at me, his beard was shaved so he didn't have one, his hair still short but longish on the top so it was all messy and flying around as I drove.

He smiles at me as I smile back, looking back at the road and enjoying the moment.

I pull lucifer's car into the parking lot and he helps me out of the car as I grab my phone and I fix my hair.

"I love when your hair is messy" I laugh as I fix lucifer's hair.

"I love your hair all the time" he looks down at me, I stand on my tippy toes and kiss his lips.

He goes to kiss me back, but I pull away "later" I wink.

"come on" I take his hand in mine and we walk down to the sidewalk and see all the shops.

"you're not broke, right? From everything we've got?" I ask him.

"I make millions a year, I'm alright" he smiles.

"your club and office are open now?" I ask him as he nods.

"I need to get back to work when we get back home, I need to make more money," I tell him as I see his grin get more noticeable.

I turn my head to the side as we walk down the sidewalk and our hands are swinging.

"share my company with me." He tells me as I go wide-eyed.

"w-what?" I ask.

"well... if we get married, my money will be your money and your money will be my money" he tells me.

"is that how it works?" I ask.

"well, I plan on spending all my money on you so sure" he smiles.

"so, if I wanted a new phone right now, I could get one?" I start to grin.

"yeah," he nods as I giggle.

"are kids are going to be spoiled bitches" I laugh as he starts laughing when we get weird stares from people.

"The fuck you looking a-"

"lucifer" I stop myself from laughing and put my hand around his mouth.

"what am I going to do with you" I shake my head as he takes our hands up to his mouth and kisses my hand.

"come on, this used to be my favorite restaurant" lucifer drags me into a food place.

"see, the fish tank over there" he points as I nod.

"they-"

"Lucifer Luca?" a female voice breaks his sentence.

Lucifer looks up to her, and his hold stills.

"Hailey?" he gasps.

She smiles and he lets go of my hand and goes up to hug her.

I'd be mad but I can tell its family.

"oh man," lucifer pulls away "sorry, Josephine this is my cousin Hailey, Hailey this is my fiancée Josephine" my stomach flips at the word fiancée.

Lucifer has gotten so much more... caring? I don't know how to call it, but he's grown into himself and learned more about himself.

"ahh, your getting married! I haven't seen you in years!" she hits his back before walking over to me, she goes to hug me but not sure if I wanted to, I return her hug as I see lucifer standing there.

"I don't know how you ended up dating this nerd in the first place" she laughs.

She doesn't know.

I watch lucifer look down to the floor when she said that.

"come on, let's catch up, foods on me," she tells us before leading us over to the bar.

"it's okay lucifer" I whisper to him as we sit down, his mood lightens a bit, but I can see in his eye's he wants to fall apart.

"so, Josephine, what do you do for a living?" she asks me as her blue eyes look at me.

"well, I'm from Atlanta, so I work at the main library there" I smile up at her.

"another reader, that's cool actually," she tells me.

"and lucifer I know has his own business now or something, what was that?" she questions.

"a nightclub and a publishing office and now a library" he nods.

"damn, I'm still stuck at the same bar we used to go too" she laughs as she pours us some water.

"How did you guys meet?" she asks.

"well, actually the first time I saw him was at his nightclub, but we started working together a couple of days later," I tell her as she nods.

And then we sit there for almost hours and just catch Hailey up on all of this.

But I had to make sure lucifer was okay, and he was.