Merform!Jade x Reader [Fluff]

["I don't bite, a little swim didn't hurt anyone~"]

Request by: deathsong10

♡{–––_____________–––}♡

The ocean is filled with fascinating things, however, at first, Y/n didn't exactly believe in the existence of mermaids or mermen, until a month ago, that is.

Walking down the beach during the evening, her routine evening walks, she enjoys these, cliché as it is, she does in fact enjoy beach walks!

In the corner of her eye, she swore she saw what appeared to be a head?..

Whipping her head, around, that said head was gone, vanished into nothing! Odd. So, odd. But this wasn't even the oddest thing experience yet thus far.

Hearing what sounded like splashes, Y/n whipped her head towards the ocean, ah something is coming for her!

She's on the beach, no way it isn't as bad—.

"Why, hello there." A male says, she froze in fear, she stares at what she is seeing...

"Don't look scared, I don't bite, I was wondering what such as yourself is walking by yourself." He said, his voice in a hushed whisper.

That was the day, she met with Jade, a merman, she never saw one until now and now knows they do in fact exist.

Whenever she always goes to the beach, Jade knew where to find her, she wasn't exactly use to seeing his merman form, it looked of what a eel would look like..

He never exactly go too far from the shore, but not directly on it. But since it has been a month, Y/n has gotten a little better at talking with Jade.

He is a pretty alright dude, he can be.. Odd, but that was his charm.

"I have a question for you, Y/n, I never once see you swim, might there be a reason?"

"Oh!.. Uhm.. It might sound ridiculous.."

"Ridiculous? Ufufu, Y/n, I have doubt that it is merely just that, you can tell me." Jade says as he hums softly.

Y/n glances to the side, "I... I can't swim."

"Is that so?.. Ufufu, I can gladly teach you, Y/n. Don't be afraid."

"Eh?!... Don't trouble yourself with helping me! Please..."

After that day, Jade kept insisting on helping Y/n, but she was just so stubborn, Jade could easily just drag her, but he would rather if he didn't need to do that. So, he had to think...

♡{----____________----}♡

Jade swimming to find Y/n was just a delight to do, sure, seeing a human in his merman form is tedious and might give everyone trouble, but it's honestly worth it.

"Jade, I know you might ask me, it's gonna be a no–"

"I am aware, how about I make a proposition, a compromise. If you let me help you teach how to swim, I can let you see where I live, deal?"

Y/n felt skeptical at first, but after thinking, she nodded her head and accepted the deal. Jade couldn't help but grin widely.

Jade waits for her to come back, since she would rather do it now than later, fine with him.

Coming back wearing appropriate swimwear, it now begins!

"Unlike having fins, like me, you would need to use your legs and arms, yes?"

"Y-Yeah, but I am nervous.." Y/n giggles nervously, she walks in the water, and she shivers a little.

"The water is cold, yes? Don't worry, I got you." He smirks as he lightly grabs her arm with his wepped hands and pulls her close to him, which makes her squeak.

Humming as he grins, "Don't worry~ We can wait til you warm up, til then, we can be like this, yeah?..."

♡{----___________----}♡

A/n: sorry if this was short! Hopefully it was good though!