Azul Ashengrotto x Shark!Reader

「Requested by: Blue4566

-

Little poor Azul Ashengrotto, throughout his childhood, he barely had anyone to consider a friend, because of how chubby he was, how slow he was while he was chubby, feeling insecure. He never liked his merform. They would pick on him, crying, how absolutely pathetic he had thought. Until one day, he was getting picked on as usual, a girl stood up for him.

"Leave him alone! C'mere you losers!" He never really saw this girl before, he just knew that she had a merform of a shark, however he had never had anyone step up for him, his eyes softened as he cried some more. Those bullies left as the girl looked at the Octo-merman with great concern. "Hey, don't cry! They won't pick on you anymore! Names Y/n!" Introducing herself, the insecure boy rubbed his tears as he looked at her, his eyes sparkled brightly, he had his very first friend and someone that would stand up to him

He became slightly reliant on Y/n, she was fast and would help him get to place faster. She would also let him teach her some spells that he was doing, working hard to get to where he would be in the future. Listening to him, and he would talk about the stuff he was teaching himself at such a young age. The young shark-maid became fascinated with the magic and wanted to do some.

So whenever they hung out together, they would do magic spells to practice. Which she rather enjoyed said stuff. As they got older, Azul became more confident, though he was still himself deep inside. He began to have a fake persona, to trick others.

During this time, Azul went on a diet, and on that, they met the infamous tweels. At first, Y/n was very much overprotective of him and wouldn't let them talk to him. As they talked with Y/n, she realized that they were more fascinated also by the fact Azul was very well versed in magic.

Of course, Azul was still very much Azul and he was clingy towards Y/n, not a terrible clingy more so sticking by her side, which the other didn't complain about often. They were the closest friends ever.

One day, as they were getting ready for high school, Azul spoke up. "I know you're thinking the same thing, yes? We're going to Night Raven College." He chuckles softly. He's gonna get back at everyone who wronged him. That's for sure. Y/n nodded her head, didn't exactly change much whenever they were children, but other than that she changed hair styles and her teeth were a bit sharper than before.

"I cannot wait either! Hehe. Though..." She trails off, she frowns a little. "I.. Unfortunately I didn't get into Night Raven College, Azul." She stares at him, he looked to be in disbelief! He cannot believe this! He was practically heartbroken. He furrowed his brow. "That can't be! Tell me that's a lie, r-right? I literally can't leave without you, Y/n!" He states, sweating nervously. This was a team effort thing! He, her, Jade and Floyd go into NRC, not just the three of them!

She shook her head. "I.. Unfortunately was accepted by the rival school, RSA. My parents made me sign up for that school." She frowns even more. "I.. I don't want to leave your side either, but it's unfortunate. We're some poor unfortunate souls."

-

Y/n stares at Azul as the black carriage comes to pick him up. Azul hugged Y/n with a firm, tight hug, a few of his tentacles wrapped around her, she of course hugged back, waving a bye, as he entered. Azul sobbed quietly in his carriage ride to NRC.

First year of NRC was literally not the greatest for Azul, since then, he would write letters to her, or text her, but she would rarely reply. No, no of course she was absolutely busy, he perfectly got into Octavinelle, however for Jade and Floyd, they went into other dorms. Though that just means he would have to wait...

Wait...

He worked his ass off working hard, the next year, he surprisingly made a lot of progress, having his dream restaurant, having Jade and Floyd help, making idiot- I mean, poor unfortunate souls sign contracts. He was so close to getting Ramshackle.. Haaa. How laughable he was, how pathetic he could've gotten.

During that time, he has gotten partly better, maybe he'll see Y/n again. He misses her despite being apart for.. 4 years? At least that's what he had felt like. He honestly missed his shark-maid guard he has.

VDC, he was at the stands as he had to keep an eye on Floyd, at the corner of his eyes, spotting someone rather familiar. His eyes widened, he just books it over, not minding the fact that Floyd looked annoyed. "Oya, Floyd, let's just leave him be." He chuckles softly.

Y/n was currently talking with Che'nya as he was talking in his own way. The two looked over and saw a tired looking Azul. Y/n eyes widened.

"Y-N..! Oh the great seven! It's been.. How long?" He takes deep breaths as he tries his absolute best to not look like a mess on the floor or fall to the floor.

"Hehe. I miss you so much, Azul." She says softly, Che'nya snickers as he decides to leave, whispering in her ear, nodding as she sees him disappear into thin air. Azul glances around and just goes over to her and leans on her.

Y/n giggles a little as she pats his head lightly, right now, he would've felt embarrassed, honestly however, he can care less. He's just so happy to see her.

--

A/n: Hope yall enjoyed this, honestly kinda had a blast writing this lmao