Chapter 27: Horde of Demons

Chapter 27

Lucy's POV

  "Listen carefully, Lucy. I just received a call from Happy. Don't panic but it seems that a horde of demons are coming your way."

  I froze on my spot as i let her words sink in on me. I mean, did i just hear her right?!

  "W-What?" My voice was barely a whisper and a bit shaky.

  "I said, i horde of demons are coming your way, Lucy. You and Natsu need to prepare, i'm pretty sure that those demons wouldn't back out on a fight. Give us a signal if ever you need help. We can't leave our stations, more demons might appear or been hiding around. Good Luck." I didn't have any time to protest for i was interrupted with a beeping sound from the phone. Meaning, Erza ended the call after giving her commands.

  "Uhhhh.. d-did i just heard Erza, right? There's a horde of demons coming our way?" I was quite taken back when Natsu suddenly asked. I looked at him with a quite questioning gaze.

  "You heard?"

  "Fire Dragon Slayer and Sharp Hearing. Those it ring a bell?" He asked while chuckling a bit at his own sentence. My mouth formed an 'o' as realization hit me.

  "Right. Forgot about that." I sheepishly said while scratching my cheek, slightly embarrased about forgetting such an information.

  "So, did i heard Erza, right?" Natsu, once again, asked me.

  I was about to answer his question when i felt something quite terrifying. I somehow felt a large mass of dark magic and aura coming our way. As i can tell, it came from the horde of demons. And sensing that they're only a few kilometers away, didn't help at all as i'm starting to feel the nervousness on my system. It's been, after all, more than a month since i last went on this kind of near-to-death missions as i only stayed on the Dragon Realm to train.

  "Lucy? Are you feeling all right?" Once again, Natsu broke me off from my train of thoughts and worry.

  "Huh?"

  "Your lips are pale and quite quivering, your eyes widened and somehow, all the colors on your face drained. So, i'm asking again. Are you alright?" He asked as he checked my body temperature by placing the back of his hand on my forehead.

  'So, he haven't felt that menacing magic yet?' I thought as i removed his hand from my forehead by his wrist.

  So, i learned that much from my stay at the Realm. That i can sense magic and energy even if its wielder is more than 30 kilometers away. Wow, never realized i can do that...

  "Wait.." i looked back at Natsu who had wrinkled he's nose in a somehow disgusted but alerted manner. His facial reaction also changed drastically. From normal, his expression changed to a hard, cold and stern one.

  "You felt it too?" I asked but his change of mood gave the answer away.

  "Yeah. So, that's why you looked scared."

  "Hey! I'm not scared!"

  "Yeah, you're right. Just afraid, i guess."

  "Urgh! Am not!" I defended myself as i slap his arm, hard. I even saw him flinch at the impact and not to mention that it left a slightly red mark on his arm.

  "Ok! Ok! I get it! Your not scared nor terrified nor afraid. Not even nervous! Just spare me from your 'brutalness' and violence!" He said as he rubbed the red part which only earned a satisfied smile from me as i admired my 'work'.

  Our little 'moment' was cut short as the dark magic energy drifted closer, about 15 kilometers or less. I turned to Natsu and saw that all the playfulness on his eyes was gone, replaced with seriousness. I copied his expression and went to battle stance as i reached over my belt, where my keys are all attached, preparing for battle. From the corner of my eyes, i saw Natsu lit his fists with Fire as he also went to battle stance.

  I didn't took off my gaze at the forest a few kilometers away from us, as it is where the demons will emerge. I shivered slightly as a gust of cold wind passed through me, sending shivers on my spine. I didn't have time to react. My eyes widened as i gaze on the forests, shadows slowly appearing and materializing.

  What in the name of Mavis?!?!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hi! Hey! Hello! Hiyah! Greetings! Annyeong! Konnichiwa!

  Hehe, how are you all doing? Well, sorry if you'll find this chapter 'boring'. Didn't exactly had much time to write seeing that our Foundation Day was held last week.

  If your going to ask how'd it go... Well, i have one comment. It was kinda BORING! I mean, it was specifically our Foundation Day but we just to had classes! Do you guys believe that?!?!

  Anyways, sorry 'bout that! Needed to have that out of my chest sooner or later.

  And promise, the next chapters will be filled of action and magic! ^___^

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote..

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14