Chapter 40: Her Plan

Chapter 40

Lucy's POV

  I still can't believe what i'm seeing. What i had against him was pure hunch and theories. Non of it were beyond my beliefs. Mr. Clarkson, the kind mayor who welcomed us inside his home, was now infront of me. Only difference was that he looks a lot more sadistic, more evil. What happened to him?

  "What pushed you to do this?" I questioned him. But i highly doubt i'll get any answers from him.

  "That is non of your business, dear." He cackled darkly which made me shiver. This man infront of me, he is not the same. My only guess is, he has been toying with us. Ever since we arrived here at Seline Town. The request also had been just a decoy. To lure us, especially me, in. He needed me. But why?

  "You made it my business when you dragged Spetto-san and her family into this." I spat out at him, only to receive a chuckle.

  "Now, now, your just being feisty. Let's just make a deal?" I can only raise an eyebrow at him. What is he planning?

  "What deal?"

  "Surrender yourself and i'll leave your fairy friends alone" my mind went completely blank. What is he trying to do here?

  "Wh-"

  "I'm not stupid, Miss Heartfilia. You begged your friends to stay behind. You pleaded to them. Made them stay outside, saying you want to handle all of this alone. That this is your own problem to solve. And as expected, they agreed. But little they know that you have another reason behind it. You made them stay behind, fearing that they'll discover your little secret. You knew what caused this, that's why your afraid that they'll know about your secret powers. Are my theories correct, Miss Lucilyn?"

  Damn It!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Normal POV

  "What's taking her so long?" A certain fire dragonslayer whined as waited impatiently for his favorite blonde.

  The members of Team Natsu, minus Lucy, and Spetto-san with her family were all waiting for her flare signal. They all agreed on letting Lucy ambush the warehouse alone, as she pleaded. It didn't took long for Erza, Gray, Wendy and the Exceeds to agree as they have full faith on her. But a certain pyromaniac didn't took the news well. He literally went on rampage hearing this from her. It's not that he didn't trust her, it's just that he doesn't want her to get hurt. Especially if he's not around to protect her.

  He gave up minutes later after seeing the determination she had. He of all people knew how stubborn his partner is. He just made him promise to not get hurt or he'll have her head, instead. Of course he wasn't serious. Heck, he rather kill himself than hurt even a stray of her hair. She's too precious to him..

  "Shut up, Flamebrain. You've been yanking that over and over again since she left. Be patient, will you?" His raven haired nemesis grunted in frustration as he glared at the pink haired teen.

  "Excuse me for worrying about her safety, Ice Freak." The latter countered with a glare.

  "We're also worried about her, not just you. So, quit your whining and be quiet."

  "I know that, Stripper! And i ain't whining!"

  The rest of Team Natsu decided to ignore the two as they already know where their conversation was heading to.

  "Oh, dear. Do you think Miss Lucy's alright?" Spetto-san asked worriedly at Erza who nodded in reassurance.

  "She's strong. Not just physically, but also emotionally and mentally." The red head said as she attempted to lessen the worries of the old lady beside her.

  Erza can only sigh in somewhat worry as she recalled Lucy's plan. The blonde was to enter the warehouse alone to rescue her former maid and her family. The Celestial Mage said that she'll summon Virgo to be able to dig a hole for Spetto-san and co to escape. The other end of the hole will lead outside of the warehouse where Wendy will be waiting. She will be assigned to take her to them. Then, Lucy will create a flare in the sky when she's in trouble or when she's in need of back up.

  The requip mage knew that the blonde's plan has many glitches and holes, but she trusts her. And that's all what she can do for know. Trust and have faith on her.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hi!

sorry for not updating last week. Been busy since our school starts tomorrow! Sucks knowing that some of you just finished school... i'm soooo jealous!! :'(

Anyways, i'll try my very best to update!! I promise i will!!

please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote.

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14