Chapter 36: Gone

Chapter 36

Lucy 's POV

"I still can't believe you would forget Miss Spetto. Your soooo mean, Lushee."

Me and all of Team Natsu were currently heading to the east side of Seline Town where Spetto-san's current home is located. And since the time we left the Clarkson's Mansion a few minutes earlier, Happy still hasn't stop bothering and teasing me.

"Shut it you Stupid blue feline! It's not like i wanted to forget about her! I just have so many things on my mind." I mumbled the last sentence while huffing in both annoyance and frustration.

"Stop, the both of you. This conversation will lead nowhere." Erza got in between us which i was really grateful for. God knows what i could have do to that cat if she didn't step in. I'm already panicking because of forgetting, i don't need someone to remind be over and over again. I'm seriously getting guiltier and guiltier by minute. Thankfully, Happy didn't bother me anymore.

Another 5 minutes had passed and we are now currently standing infront of Spetto-san's household. It was a simple two-storey house made of red bricks. It wasn't too fancy as she requested when Father gave her the right to choose.

I took a deep breath before knocking three consecutive times on the wooden door but receive no answer nor response.

2 seconds.. 5 seconds.. 12 seconds.. 23 seconds.. still no answer..

"Luce, are you sure she lives here?" I glanced at Natsu with a questioning gaze before nodding in response.

"Yeah. She lives here along with her husband and only grand daughter. My parents were the ones who bought this for them in sign of thanks and gratitude."

"Is that so? But i don't hear anything moving nor breathing inside. It's extremely quiet. Not even a cricket."

"What?"

"Nobody's inside. I'm sure of it.." his statement got me thinking and nervous. No ones inside? Why? Where would Spetto-san be? She's already 72 years old, her husband's a year older. And knowing Andrea, their grand daughter, she would never allow the two seniors to wander off nor work. That girl loves her grandparents dearly. I really admire her though. At the early age of 19, she works as a Patisserie at a popular Cafe in town to sustain their needs. She's so young yet so mature and responsible already..

"Maybe they're out in town?" I heard Gray suggested which made me hope in return. I want to believe that what he said was true and possible but there's this bad feeling that's preventing me.

"Maybe. But we still need to check inside just in case. What do you say, Lucy?" I gave Erza an approving nod before approaching the door mat. I lifted it and took out the hidden and reserve key lying underneath. Andrea once mentioned this hidding place to me just in case.

I used the key to unlock the door. Once hearing the sound 'click', i inhaled before twisting the doorknob in a clockwise direction before slowly opening it. And what was inside made me gasp in shock as my eyes widened. My reaction was mirrored by my companions as they saw the scene before me.

The whole place was trashed. Window glasses, mirrors and figurines were shattered, furnitures and picture frames where broken, the walls even has holes on it. It was a sign that someone broke in.

My heart dropped at the scene as my legs started to weaken. My vision started to get glassy while my body trembled at the sight right infront of me. I was at the state of shock when my legs gave up which caused me to collapse. Luckily, Natsu caught me by the shoulders and steadied me to my feet.

"Sh!t, Lucy! Are you alright?!" I can only master a nod at Natsu's question while gripping his arm for support. He didn't seem to mind though.

"We should look around. I have a feeling that this isn't some ordinary kind of robbery." The team agreed and complied with her orders as we spread out to look around the house. Natsu volunteered to stay by my side and keep me company.

I brushed away some fallen debris on top of the coffee table and saw a broken picture frame of Spetto-san, her husband and Andrea. They were all smiles which ushered pain on my heart. I can't help but blame myself for all of this. If i came by earlier, they still might be safe until now. I'm so stupid!

"Guys! I found something!" Gray's voice echoed through out the house which caught all of our attention. We ran to his aid and saw him pointing at the living room wall.

I shifted my attention to the place where he's pointing and gasped. My blood ran cold as tears threatened to spill on my eyes.

'We have your precious maid and her family. If you want to save them, go and wait inside the old warehouse at the forests. Remember, come alone. We will be waiting, Princess..'

Those were the words engraved and carved on the wall that made my heart stop.

They have Spetto-san..

And it's all because of me..

It doesn't take any genius to know that it was me who they want. And it clearly makes sense that all of this is my fault..

They want my powers, then i'll give it to them. They involved my family here, that's why i'll make sure they pay hundred times..

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hi!

Just had the biggest shocker of my life.. i just had 1 million reads on The Contract! Now, i'm dying of happiness.... ↖(^▽^)↗

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14