Chapter 20: Happenings in the Future

Chapter 20

Lucy's POV

  "What?"

  "He's... *sob* t-to strong.... *sob*.. a-and *sob* i was o-outnumbered... *sob*.."

  I came back to my senses and stood up immediately. I ran to her sides in attempt to comfort her. I started to rub circles on her back.

  But her last sentence confused me.

  "Outnumbered?" I finally voiced out my thoughts.

  "Yeah... *sob* H-He created h-his own *sob* army o-of monsters... *sob* and I w-was stubborn at f-first.. *sob* i didn't *sob* let F-Fairy Tail and t-the D-Dragons... *sob* j-joined t-the war..."

  She covered her face with her shaking hands and started to shake her head briskly. Her movements and actions clearly shows regret, guilt and sadness.

  But i couldn't blame her though. If she didn't came along, i might as well have done what she did. I'm stubborn, i know. But involving them in this war is something i least wanted to do.

  "I f-fought them with all i g-got... *sob* but i s-still failed... they're t-too strong.. *sob*... a-and the g-guilds who j-joined the w-war *sob* were n-not prepared as w-ell... s-so, we l-lost..."

  Her cries and sobs started to dim down. When she at last removed her pale hands from her face, a series of emotion from her reddish and puffy eyes greeted me.

  It was full of emotions that i can't even determine some of it. Sadness, regret, guilt, anger, hatred, loneliness, and grief.

  Pure negative emotions. I can somehow see a dark and sad aura emitting from her.

  "So... what advice you were going to give to Lucy here?" Master asked while clearing his throat. In attempt to lighten the awkward atmosphere.

  She lifted her gaze to me with a new expression flastered on her face.

  A facial expression of begging or pleading.

  "Lucy.... please... tell them your-our real identity. Because its them who'll you need most. Not just their power and strenght but also their support and love. So, please... don't commit the same mistake i did... For only an act of Pure Love and True Friendship can outshine the power of Darkness."

  "Wha-"

  "Once i leave this Time, your guildmates and all the other people who saw me aside from you and Master, will remember nothing of me nor my visit. And always remember this.. An act of Pure Love and True Friendship can outshine darkness... Goodluck..."

  I don't know what happen but she started to fade out. Slowly from her feet up to her head. But she disappeared from sight with a sad smile on her face.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

  Once i exited Master's office, i was greeted with the Guild's lively atmosphere.

  Future me was indeed right. No one, but me and Master, knows nothing of her. Its like she didn't appear a while ago which i'm glad for.

  I mean, i don't know how i'll explain her sudden appearance and disappearance here in the guild, if ever.

  "Lucy!"

  I almost jumped out of shock upon hearing a familiar voice call my name.

  "Jumpy are we?" The same voice from earlier said.

  I rolled my eyes at him which made him chuckle.

  "So.. how about it?"

  I looked at him with a confused gaze. Just what is this guy talking about?

  "What 'it' are you talking about?"

  I saw Natsu frown at my sentence. And that got me thinking. Did i say something wrong? And yeah.. it's Natsu whom i'm talking to..

  "Since when did you have slow brain? Um, hello... Earthland to Lucy.. I'm talking about the Ice Cream treat i offered to you before you entered Master's office just a while ago." He said while hitting my forehead lightly, a chuckle escaping his lips.

  Then a memory flashed through my head and in an instant, my mind went -Ting!-

  "Well, we can do something about that. I call for Ice Cream!"

  My eyes slightly widened while looking at him. He just shook his head while smiling.

  "Sheeesh, you did forgot.."

  "Ummm.. i'm sorry...?"

  Once again, i heard his laugh which made me blush lightly.

  Wait... why am i blushing in the first place?! Don't tell me its because of his laugh! Urgh!

  "So, how about it?"

  "H-Huh?"

  What were we talking about again? >o<

  "The Ice Cream, Lucy..." he said while rolling his eyes at me.

  "Ohhhhh..." my lips formed an 'O'.

  "You seriously need to relax. You seem to be troubled this days. So, shall we?" He said while offering his hand to me.

  I didn't even hesitated. I took his hand which he gripped almost immediately. I don't know why but i felt sparks when our hands intertwined.

  I can feel another batch of butterflies on my stomach.. weird.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Kon'nichiwa!!

  As you all can read, I'AM ALIVE! I didn't got washed away by Typhoon Ruby nor was i got abducted by aliens! ^_________________^

  I survived and happily returned here in Wattpad with an Update! So, i hope you enjoy.....

Please Follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And Vote..

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14