Chapter 23: Seline Town

Chapter 23

Erza's POV

  We're currently waiting for the Train that will take us to our next mission. Just earlier, upon entering the Guild, Natsu immediately approached me and told me the news. More like the Mission that was requesting all of us Team Natsu.

  Speaking of mission..

  "Lucy, can i borrow the mission paper?" I suddenly said out of the blue that made Lucy startled.

  "S-Sure... Here y-you go..." she handed me the paper almost immediately. But my eyes still caught her hands shaking at the movement.

  That kinda remind me... Lucy.. she's been off lately. She's not her usual bubbly, cheerful and happy self. I often see her deep in thought or spacing out. I'm starting to worry about her well-being. Not only me, but the whole Guild. And she seems oblivious to the thought of us worrying about her.

  I really need to talk to her about this matter. Maybe after this mission..

  "Lucy-san, correct me if i'm wrong but Seline Town is where your old mansion is located, right?" Wendy suddenly said.

  This question of her's caught all of our attention. And did i hear it right? Seline Town?

  I glanced at the paper on my hand for confirmation. And Wendy was indeed right. Our mission is taking place at Seline Town.

  "Wendy's right. Lucy, do you know about this?" I asked.

  My eyes were set on Lucy who were shifting uncomfortably on her seat. She keeps on rubbing her hands together which she oftens do when she's nervous or worried.

  "No.." she plainly said, her eyes not meeting any of ours. Instead, her sight was glued on the floor.

  "But Lushie, how about Spetto-san? Or any of your maids? Why didn't they contacted you personally?" Happy commented.

  "I d-don't know." Again, a short response from her.

  "Are you ok, Lucy?" Natsu finally asked the question i have in mind. It was rather a stupid question because it was obvious that she was not alright.

  "N-No, i'm n-not alright.." she said truthfully, not bothering to lie. Perhaps she knew that it was useless. That we can surely see right through her.

  A blanket of silence enveloped us. No one dared to say a word, no one knew the right words to say. Everyone of us were afraid that one wrong move can surely upset Lucy even more. We were careful.

  And surprisingly, Lucy was the one who broke the silence. Unexpectedly, she poured out her worries to us.

  "I'm w-worried about t-them, especially S-Spetto-san. She's my s-second mother. W-What if something happened t-to her? I don't k-know if i can h-handle it if a-another close to me, d-dies..." she stuttered, every word came out a whisper. Her voice was cracked. And her eyes... it helds pure sadness.

  I was about to come to her comfort, but i was beated to it. Natsu's already infront of her, holding each of her shoulder while making eye contact.

  "Listen, Lucy. We're here. Fairy Tail and especially Team Natsu's here. We'll help you. We won't let anything happen to Spetto-san. We promise you that.." Natsu pledged infront of her, not avoiding eye contact.

  I was somehow dumbfounded. Is Natsu really the guy infront of me? If he is, then why or how is he acting so mature? Is he even for real?

  "Natsu-san's right. We will help you, Lucy-san. You can count on it!" Wendy said, not failing to smile at the process.

  "Aye, sir!" Happy joined in while grinning.

  Well, it looks like Team Natsu had decided, not even asking for mine and Gray's opinion. But nonetheless, we would have agreed anyways.

  "All passengers heading to Seline Towm, please board Train 2. We will leave shortly. I repeat, all passengers heading to Seline Town, please board Train 2. We will leave shortly."

  "We should be going. We have a town to save, after all." I said, smiling at Lucy.

  Gray, Natsu, Wendy, Happy and Charles cheered and agreed with me. Lucy, she managed to smile. A happy and confident one. The first one i saw since she came back from her Vacation.

  But still, that smile of her didn't reach her eyes. Unlike her old ones. Unlike her smiles before she left. Those were true and pure. It screams happiness and joy. But this one. It somehow helds a secret. A secret that only she knows. A secret that she doesn't want to share. But why?

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Kamusta mga Reinas? (How are you, Reinas?)

  Just a few days ago, i discovered something. I just learned that Filipinos are lingering around here. Well, happy to know that i have many kababayans that have the same interest as me. I just hope we can meet up in person..

  BTW, good news is, my Christmas Vacation was a blast! Bad news is, School starts tomorrow.. Awwwwww

  I wish to extend but unfortunately, lessons are waiting.

  Stay awesome guys.. =)

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote..

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14