Chapter 29: I can do something..

Chapter 29

Lucy's POV

  After taking down another demon, i was already panting heavily. Drops of sweat dripping down on my face as i tried desperately to stand up properly. I'm exhausted is a huge understatement.

  But it seems like this demons are indefinite in number. They just won't stop coming. And our misfortune doesn't stop there, i'm afraid.

  Considering that we're fighting for about an hour now, we (me, Natsu, Loki and Virgo) are all exhausted by this time. Our magic power are already running low and so is our stamina. I don't know how long we can continue on like this.

  But truth be told, i still have enough magic to summon the Spirit King or 3 other spirits at the same time and cast Urano Metria. After spending time at the Dragon Realm and with Celestia, i can now do this rather impossible things with ease. This only required not so much magic power considering that i fully mastered my Celestial Magic. But still.. i can't do it. Or rather, i don't know if i i have the guts to do it. Because once i attempt this things, it will surely blow up my cover. Natsu will surely get suspicious on how strong i become in just a short time notice. And up until now, i still don't have the courage to confess..

  I'm a coward, i know...

  "Lucy! Fire Dragon's Brilliant Flames!!" I was taken back to reality as i saw Natsu stood infront of me to kill the demons i didn't realized that was coming for me.

  "N-Natsu..."

  "Don't be stupid and careless, Luce. Your going to get yourself killed, you know that?!" True to his word, he knocked out another demon attempting to attack me from behind. He grabbed my wrist and jurked me behind him as he kicked the said demon in its guts. It was seen flying a few kilometers back.

  "W-what?! I'm not being stupid nor c-careless!" I reasoned out as i tried to get away from his grip but as expected, he's too strong. He just tightened his grip on wrist as he stared intently at me.. I felt lost by just staring at his onxy eyes but was harshly dragged back to senses when he flicked my forehead. Hard.

  "H-Hey! That hurts! You, Baka!!!"

  "Well, you deserve it. Just to bring you back to your senses. Your somehow not yourself, Lucy. And i'm getting worried."

  And i'm getting worried

  Why does that sound so pleasing to my ears? Urgh, even by that simple sentence, my heart gone wild. I know it doesn't have any hidden or second meaning behind it, but still... why can't i stop assuming stuffs?!?!

  I was about to say a comeback, at least i tried to, but stopped when a demon appeared behind Natsu. I tried to warn him but it was to late...

  My eyes widened and was filled with shock and fear as i saw the demon launched his claw to Natsu who reacted a little to late. He was clawed on his back as he hugged me, i guess to try and protect me from the demon's attack. A shriek came out from my mouth as i saw the claw dug on Natsu's skin resulting it to a deep wound. A scar perhaps.

  Blood came dripping down his now ripped shirt as i felt him tightened his arms around my waist. Not in attempt to comfort me, though. I'm guessing that he's hurt. Much worse, in pain.

  The demon who injured Natsu, once again tried to attack us. With his hands this time. Natsu still hasn't let me go, which caused me to panic. My legs started to weaken and i lost any will to struggle on his hold to try and attack the upcoming demon. I was still in shock on what happen to Natsu to even move. The demon was now meters away as fear started to built up on me. Without anything else left to do, i closed me eyes and braced myself for his attack.

.

.

.

.

.

  Still no pain. I took that as a signal to open my eyes that was now filled with tears. And what i saw made me sigh in relief. There, standing not to far from us, was Loki, the demon on his shoulder. Dead. A smirk playing on his lips as he shot me an encouraging nod which i returned with a smile.

  Not wasting any more time, i wiggled off Natsu's arm. I tried to lay him on his stomach for his back was injured. Thankfully, i succeeded. I inspected his wound and a gasp escaped my mouth. His cuts was deep, no need for any doctor's to check him up to know that.

  He needs immediate health care. And with that thought arose, a name suddenly came to my mind.

  Wendy!

  I searched the back of my mind as i tried desperately to think of any way to contact the said dragonslayer and the others as well. With my mind completely blank, i just came up with my own way.

  I raised my right hand and harnessed all my light energy. I inhaled before letting it all out. A yellow magic circle appeared above me as golden light escaped my raised hand and made its way to the vast night sky. Once reaching its limit, the golden light spread out and spelled out one word 'WENDY'. It lasted for about 30 seconds before dispersing in thin air.

  I spared Loki and Virgo a glance and instantly felt guilty. They're both exhausted and tired. I felt like a worthless master seeing them at this kind of state.

  I once again looked at Natsu who was groaning on the ground. His face shows how much he is in pain. And that broke my heart into pieces. His hurt and my spirits are tired. i hate myself for not being able to do anything. I'm so weak.

  Wait...

  I CAN do something. I'm afterall, Lucilyn Irish Heartfilia. The next in line to the title of 'Star Goddess'..

  I'm tired of sulking and being scared. That's why, i'm going to fight. Even though my deepest secret is at sake.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hey!

  Since we didn't have classes for 5 days (and it was heaven!! ^___^), i got the chance to write.. Bwuhahahahahaha! I managed to update on the right time!!! I'm so happy!!!!!!

please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote..

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14