Chapter 45: Look Out!!

Chapter 45

Lucy's POV

  This is it..

  There's no turning back..

  I gathered my magic and harnessed the needed energy. The spell i'm attempting to cast is indeed powerful. It can, not a second doubt, kill enemies within sight.

  "Stars, be my guide. Planets, be my strength. Sun, be my light. And spirits, be my heart. By the power bestowed upon me by the heavenly bodies, i hereby proclaim you as an enemy! Face the wrath of the heavens, the brilliance of our light! Golden Stardust!" I chanted, my voice echoing all through out the forest. Golden ribbons that appeared out of nowhere, started to surround my body which was now glowing in yellow light. I closed my eyes as i awaited the outcome of my spell.

  I instantly felt the sudden change of atmosphere around me. The air became heavier and the surroundings seemed to lighten up, literally i mean. I took in a deep breath before releasing the large amount of magic i collected.

  Suddenly, the golden ribbons surrounding me changed directions. Within seconds, it started to wrap around the cloaked man's body. Specifically on his upper torso, neck, wrists, and legs. He gasped in shock as he tried to break free but to no avail. The more he struggles, the more the ribbons wrap on him even tighter. But my spell doesn't end there.

  Out of nowhere, directly above him, a large golden magic circle appeared. And from it, golden dusts started falling out. It showered on him which made him gasp in pain and shock. The dusts were made of heavenly magic with slight touches of celestial. It was harnessed to cause pain and suffering upon contact.

  Hundred particles of stardust emerged from the magic circle and showered upon the cloaked man who was currently deep in pain. But to my surprise, his hood stayed in place. It didn't fell off whenever he's screaming or whimpering. I mean, seriously? Did he glued it on his head or something?

  Seemingly satisfied, i cancelled my attack. The cloaked man gripped his stomach and was now struggling to stand up. His cloak was battered and tattered. But despite his appearance, he still chuckled and continued on mocking me. Seriously?

  "Is that all what you got, Star Goddess? Tch, what a disappointment. I thought you were better than this. But i guess i overestimated you." The next thing he did shocked me. He unleashed a large amount of power which made me shiver and my knees shake. I can feel the intensity of his magic and it's overwhelming! He's not even attacking yet!

  "W-What t-"

  "Awww, did i scare the little girl? Is she going to cry and ran to her momma now? Oh, wait! I forgot.. She doesn't have a mom anymore! Ha! Too bad!" He mocked which sparked my anger. I felt a warm sensation inside of me, struggling to come out and explode.

  "Your involving my mother now? Well, that's low." I stated, my eyes covered by my bangs. I don't want him to see the forming tears on the corner of my eyes. Having him see me cry is one of the last things i wanted. He is not worth my tears, after all.

  "Tch. It's true, right? Your mom died protecting you! I'm sure she's regreting it by now." I clenched my fists in anger and agony. How much i block his voice out of my head, it's no use. His words.. It's getting to me...

  "N-No! Your j-" i wasn't able to continue what i was going to say as i felt a pair of warm hands cover my ears. I gasped in shock but didn't took me long to realize what's happening. Natsu. He's standing behind me, covering my ears.

  I looked at him with questioning eyes but he only shook his head. He leaned closer, removed the hand covering my right ear and whispered some words that shocked me even more.

  "Don't you dare believe that bastard's words." He said. His breath tickling my ear as i felt a shiver climb up my spine.

  "N-Natsu?"

  "You taught me not to believe any of his words. You said he's a liar. So, why are you falling for the same trick? Why are you believing his lies?" He placed both his hands on my shoulder, giving it an assuring squeeze and pat. I looked at him, dead straight in the eye. Why is he not mad at me? If someone's a liar here, it's me. I did keep my true identity from them. So, why?

  "N-Natsu-"

  "I'm not mad, Luce. So, just go and finish this guy up so we can go back to the guild and party like we used to.." he grinned at me which made my heart skip.

  "Are you two done flirting? I'm getting impatient here!" The man yelled which made blush lightly.

  "Tch. That noisy bastard." My cherry haired bestfriend glared at the man before he mumbled those words. I can't help but giggle.

  "Luce, you definitely NEED to kick that j*rk's butt, you hear me?! If this wasn't your battle, i surely would have done it myself. But as i said, this is YOUR battle. At least do me a small favor. Beat the crap out of him." I can only stare at the determined guy infront of me. He was looking at me seriously, not a tad of playfulness nor childishness i grew accustomed to.

  "I told you to stop, right?! You guys make me sick! Forget the one on one battle! I'll just take the both of you on!" Before we could even react, he charged at us in unbelievable speed. Luckily, i managed to form a shield before he could land an attack on us. I flinched, feeling the intensity of his power even with a shield protecting us. He's powerful. Really powerful.

  "I freakin' accept your challenge, b*stard! Fire Dragon's iron fist!" Natsu instantly charged at him once i cancelled the shield. I can only shake my head at his destructive antics. He never change, does he?

  "Too slow.." the man taunted as he disappeared before Natsu reached him. Before i can register how he did that, he suddenly appeared on top of Natsu. A shriek of surprise escaped my lips as i watched him kick my partner square on the back. He was sent flying forward, hitting the shadow wall in the process.

  Wait.. the shadow wall? How did i forgot about that?

  I scanned the area near us and sure enough i met the worried gazes of my teammates, along with Spetto-san and her family. I was so focused on the fight in hand that i forgot about their presence. They were standing a few meters away from us, just behind the shadow wall.

  "Lucy! Look out!" My head snapped forward hearing Natsu's distressed call. And there i saw the man, towering infront of me. Since he was close enough, i got the opportunity to see his hidden face. I can only gasp in fright as i saw his glowing red eyes. But what alarmed me was the fact that he was holding a knife and that he has a sinister smile playing on his lips.

  Oh, mavis.. no..

   "LUCY!!"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hey!!

  So sorry for the late update! I was soooo busy the past few weeks but thankfully, it all paid off! Thank god!!

  Anyways, i hope you all would enjoy! Thanks!!

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote!

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14