Chapter 25: Planning

Chapter 25

Lucy's POV

After some time, we managed to finish our food. The humble couple lead us to their living room where they made us sit and to explain the town's dilemma.

"We are deeply thankful for responding to our request. If ever you succeed, we will be forever in your debt. "Mr. Clarkson announced.

"Let's save that talk after the mission, Mr. Clarkson. For now, can you tell us exactly what's happening around town?" Erza asked, having the urge to know the truth.

"Well, just recently, demons started to attack our once peaceful town. At first, the attacks were under control. They only attack during dark that's why we formed a Night Patrol. We somehow manage to defeat this demons. But just a few nights ago, they started to cause chaos with new found strength. On where or how they got that strong, we have no idea. The patrol we formed decreased with number every night. And as of now, more than half of them are injured and traumatized. That's why we decided to call for help." Mr. Clarkson explained.

"Why did you ask for us? For Team Natsu?" Gray asked the question i had in mind at the moment.

"Because we know that your team's more than capable of doing the job." Mr. Clarkson concluded.

"How are you so sure, Sir?" Charles said, arching an eyebrow at him.

"Because your the strongest team in Fairy Tail. And aside from that, Lucy's with you. I saw her grew up in this town, in her Mansion. I also witnessed her love towards this town. So, please.. Lucy, help us." He pleaded while looking at me. I stared back at his black orbs. And somehow, i saw something. Something suspicious.

I glanced back at my friends who were staring back at me. We seem to be thinking the same thing. So, its decided then..

"Of course we'll help, Mr. Clarkson." I announced while forcing out a smile. His expression changed from worry to relief.

"Thank you so much, Team Natsu. Your help is pretty much needed." He said, smiling widely at his own comment.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

It's already 4 pm. 2 hours more and night time will fall. Me and my friends are still here at the living room, formulating a plan on how to defeat these so-called demons.

But... each second pass... i feel more and more worried. Every tick of the clock sends pictures of the possible state of Spetto-san and her family at the moment. I and i'm feeling so uneasy right now.

"Lucy?" A voice called dragging me out of my thoughts. I followed the voice and came face to face with the owner. Natsu. I hardly noticed him shifting seats next to me.

"huh?"

"Your not paying attention nor listening to the plan, are you?" He accused.

"What plan?" I dumbly asked.

"So i thought." He said while chuckling. He even poked my forehead to support his comment.

"Hey! That actually hurts!" I complained, but earned another chuckle from him.

"Well, you need it. To wake you up from your little daydream, and inorder for you to focus on the situation in hand." He reasoned while shrugging his shoulders.

"Alright! What plan have you guys formed so far?"

"I was getting there, unfortunately, you and Natsu distracted me. Thank you very much." Erza's words laced with sarcasm. Her face showed a slight frown. I kind of blush realizing the meaning behind her sentence.

"As i was saying earlier, we will all be in Night Patrol tonight. No one will sleep, and that's an order." She said in a very orderly manner.

"WHAT?!" Natsu, who was currently sitting next to me, exclaimed. Because of his loud outburst, i needed to cover my ears. Just my luck...

"Do you have anything agaisnt my command, Natsu?" Erza asked in a calm tone, dark aura surrounding her slender body while glaring at the poor guy beside me.

"Uhhhh... n-no, ma'am..."

"Good. Now, later tonight, we will split in four teams. Natsu and Lucy will be guarding the northern part of town while Gray and Wendy will be incharge of the southern. Charles and Happy on eastern and will also be guarding from the sky. Lastly, i, alone, will cover up the western part. Each group will be bringing a phone for communication. If anyone of you see or encounter any demon, contact the other group. Are my instructions clear?"

"Yes!"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Kon'nichiwa, minna-san!

So, this is the third consecutive time that i updated on a Monday. I know your all sick of this but still.... I'M SORRY!! >____<

I got exams last week which didn't allowed me to write any chapter. I tried to write it all up yesterday, but unfortunately... i got a freakin' WRITER'S BLOCK!!

Thankfully, i was saved. You all have to thank my bestfriend, 12CheshireCat (Qian-Xi Martinez), for helping me come up with ideas! I did not only finished this Chapter, but i also managed to finish and plan out the whole book on my head...

UUWWWAAAHHHH! I LOVE THAT CAT SO MUCH!! Anywho, she knows how this story will end. And don't pry the poor girl for any impormation., please..

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote...

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14