Chapter 49: His Point of View

Chapter 49

Lucy's POV

  In a blink of an eye, Natsu was standing infront of me. His eyes shadowed, his jaws clenched and his fangs visible. He gripped my collar and shook me slightly. I swear i felt his hands shaking in the process. I'm just not sure of it was due to anger or sadness.

  "Natsu! Get a hold of yourself!"

  "Natsu-san! She already said sorry!"

  "Oh my God! Natsu!  Let go of Lu-chan!"

  "Hurting a girl isn't manly!"

  "Natsu-kun! Please dont hurt Lucy-san!"

  "Flame brain, get your hands off Lucy! Your hurting her!"

  "Oi, Fire Freak! Hurting Bunny Girl isn't necessary! "

(A/N: I'm pretty sure you know who said who. If you don't, well here's the order: Erza, Wendy, Levy, Elfman, Romeo, Gray then Gajeel)

  "H-How could you not t-tell me, Lucy?" I flinched hearing my name from him. 'He didn't use my nickname..' I felt his grip tighten even more which scared me.

  "I'm sorry. I r-really am. If only i was s-strong enough, m-maybe i already have summoned them. Maybe y-your all together again. But i can't. I'm s-so sorry for being weak." I confessed, lowering my head to block their view of my tear filled eyes. I don't want them to see me cry. I don't want to be forgiven just of pity and because i look hopeless. If their gonna forgive me, i want it to come from their hearts. Willingly and pure..

  I felt his grip loosened on my collar which confused me. I was about to look up to him but was stopped when he pulled me towards him. I choked up my sobs as i felt a pair of warm arms envelop me into a hug. A tight and protective hug. The tears i tried to stop suddenly poured down my porcelain face when i felt his arms around my waist tightened even more. As if he doesn't want to let go.

  "N-Natsu..?" My voice was soft and small, almost afraid. What if this was all a dream? Being hugged like this by the man i love is beyond believable..

  "Shhh, Lucy. I'm sorry.. I was just c-caught up with the idea of not actually meeting Igneel again. And i almost took it out on you. I'm sorry for accusing you before actually h-hearing your side of the story. I'm sorry.. For making you cry yet again.." his voice was hoarse, like he's crying. But that's impossible, right?

☆★☆

(A/N: i just felt like he deserves a POV. To clarify his side.. ^__^)

Natsu's POV

   I'm mad. Beyond mad. Hearing the truth from her actually hurt me. It was like i was pierced by a hundred needles. Like i was run over by a huge boulder. She lied to me. My bestfriend lied to me.. God damn it! It hurts.. Really hurts..

  Seeing that she lied to me about Igneel hurt as hell. She knew how desperate i was but still. She didn't tell me. She should have known that even though i'll never see him again, i'll be more than happy hearing that he's alright and alive. But why? Of all people, why should it be her?!

  I gripped her collar and contained my anger. Our guildmates tried their hardest to stop me from hurting Lucy but why can't i hear them? I see them panicking from the corner of my eyes, i even see some shouting but why can't i hear any sound? All i know is that i'm so mad. That i was about to hurt Lucy.

  "I'm sorry. I r-really am. If only i was s-strong enough, m-maybe i already have summoned them. Maybe y-your all together again. But i can't. I'm s-so sorry for being weak."

  That was what she said to calm me down. I felt a sting of pain on my heart. Why? Why does she consider herself weak? She's probably one of the strongest girl i know. Even stronger than Erza and Mira. Maybe not physically but emotionally and mentally. When all hopes are lost, she's usually the one who saves us. Me. Her faith and optimism never fails to lift everyone's spirit and will to continue on fighting. No surprise there. She is the Light of Fairy Tail, after all.

  So, why? Why does she belittle herself? Why does she think she's weak? And why do i feel so hurt seeing her so broken and lost like this? Why?!

  Seeing her tear-filled face, my anger instantly vanished. My expression immediately softened. I can't help myself. I loosened my grip on her collar and pulled her to a tight hug. Yet again, i failed to stay mad at her. Once again, she did her magic on me. Just seeing her cry broke my heart. And i cant stand that. I just love her that much..

  "That's enough lovey-dovey. We have bigger problems to deal with so just kiss already if you have to!" A voice interrupted us which made both of us blush crimson red. What the heck?!

  With a growl of irritation, i let go of Lucy who was deep red. I tried to catch her eyes but the blonde refused to look at me. Was she still mad at me? But why is she so red?

  "Hey, Luce. Are you sick or something? Your red." I asked, concerned for her well being. I even touched her forehead to make sure she wasn't sick. But to my confusion, she brushed my hand away and avoided my gaze.

  "I'm f-fine, N-Natsu.." she stuttered. Tch. Liar. I was about to question her more but was interrupted.

  "So. As Princess Lucy had said, Zeref wil awaken in about three years. He has allies. And our power alone isn't enough. Are you willing to help us?" The older blonde asked, bowing slightly. I glanced back at the guild and saw that some were hesitant to join but i wasn't.

  "If Luce needs my help, why would i decline? She's my bestfriend and it's my job to protect her so i'm in!" I grinned before throwing an arm over a flushed Lucy's shoulder.

  "Natsu's right. If Lucy needs us, we'll help. She's family after all." Erza finally said as she stepped forward, joining in our convesation. The rest followed her movements as they yelled their own shouts of approval. Not a minute later, everyone joined in. Seems like i wasn't the only one who wanted to help Lucy.

  "You heard the brats, Celestia. So, what do you want us to do?" Master asked, smiling at the scene infront of him. I saw the blonde 'dragon' nod at Lucy who tensed up beside me but immediately relaxed when i pulled her closer to me. I did this in attempt to calm her down, to assure her that i was there for her. Thankfully, she got my message. I withdraw my arm from her shoulder and let her step forward.

  "Well, since Zeref is said to arise in 3 years, we wanted everyone to train and prepare for the upcoming war. As everyone knows, war is all about uniting and fighting for what you think is right. Putting your lives on the line for what you believe in. Willing to die inorder for their country. That is why we do not want anyone to join this war unprepared. We do not want anyone to get severely hurt nor injured. And the only way to make that possible is to train and prepare. We all need to unite and set our differences aside for the future of our world. We need to eliminate Zeref to assure peace and freedom. And inorder to do that, i need all your help. So, are you guys still willing?" She spoke with such determination and courage. She had her head held up high, like a true royalty..

  "Of course we are!" Everyone had yelled with such enthusiasm, agreeing to everything Lucy, who was smiling brightly, had said. From the corner of my eyes, i saw Celestia approach her. She patted Lucy on her head and smiled.

  "Spoken like a true Queen, Lucy. I'm proud of you.. We all are.." this sentence had brought tears to her eyes. She gave Celestia a side hug before turning all serious once again.

  "I've been wondering, Celestia. Why are humans forbidden on the Dragon Realm?" Once those words came out of her mouth, everyone turned silent. Clearly, everyone was waiting for an answer..

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hii

  I updated on time! Yipee! Hooray! Yessss! Hahaha! Please look out for the next chapter. I  have a big surprise! BWUHAHAHA! Anyways, no clues! :p

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote..

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14